Poll: How accurate is your END-only charging timer?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The early-end charging bug seems to not require a timer set for the morning in question. I have timer 1 set for M-F, and timer 2 set for Sat/Sun. Enabling both timers results in charging termination 3 hours early every day as others have noted. But disabling timer 1, leaving only the weekend timer, still resulted in 3-hour early charge termination on a Wednesday morning.

ttweed said:
I have a 2011 model and a Blink EVSE. I never set any CC timers, just start CC remotely if I want it in the morning. I usually charge to 80% between midnight and 5AM, which is my "super off-peak" period of $.07/kWh electricity, using timer 1 on the car. I have timer 2 set to 100% and an "end time only" of 5:00AM. On the days when I use that timer 2 with end time only set, the car almost always ends charging within 1 hour of the set end time, sometimes a few minutes more, sometimes a few minutes less. I have never seen it end 2-3 hours early.

YMMV,
TT
Your experience is consistent with what others of us have seen: if the CC timer isn't set the end-time-only charging finishes early by an hour or so. If the CC timer is set it finishes early by a couple of hours.

While weird, the margin of finishing early does seem to be based on whether or not a CC timer is on. And that is helpful to know.

lpickup said:
If you use END-time only timers, how long before your end time does charging usually stop?
1) 0-30 min
2) 30 min - 1.5 hours
3) 1.5 hours - 2.5 hours
4) 2.5 hours or more

Here are my most recent 11 events:

7:55 AM
8:23 AM
8:04 AM
8:07 AM
7:47 AM
8:24 AM
7:57 AM
7:36 AM
7:30 AM
8:18 AM
7:51 AM

Typically finishes anywhere from 35-90 minutes prior to end time. Have mine set to 9:00 AM (EST) and it usually is pretty good as you can see above. I do NOT have the CC-timer set, by the way (end-only, no CC timer). I've contemplated the CC-timer but as my garage is heated to 45deg, I'm probably not going to bother....

Mine is set to end at 5am EST M-F and it ends at or about 1:30, regardless of the state of charge I left it at the night before, usually 2 to 5 bars. I only charge to 80%, so it doesn't bother me. In fact, it allows me to then override and top up to 100% if I have an unexpected need for more range. My kWh cost doesn't vary at night, so that's not importent either.

The CC timer is spot on, and the car is toasty at 5am.

Back