Plugshare users

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
rainnw said:
Thats really too bad.

I have yet to get any request for charging....I even have beach access and an outdoor charger.
C'mon now . . . no one but frosty the snowman goes to the beach up on the canadian border ...

z0ner said:
With that kind of response you should really "out" them so others wont waste their time calling them.
That's what I do . . . right there on the negative comment section. Then I throw out a call to the site peep's to take them off too.

There's a hotel right next to the 5 freeway where it divides Laguna Hills from Lake Forest, off of Lake Forest Drive that shows a 240v evse - and yet I've NEVER gotten a response froim them by sending an email to them. I asked the hotel manager about their listing, and all I got was a look like I'm from the planet Vulcan - they didn't know what I was talking about. To this day, the sight still hasn't taken it down. Yes, I whole heartedly agree, that those listing ought to be removed, and warnings to others given.

BTW, - Plugshare is a nationwide web sight . . . I'm not sure why the OP is in the "Local-Discussions" column.
z0ner said:
I just added the only L2 Blink charger in Orange County according to the blink™Map.

Parking garage of Wood & Brown:
701 S. Parker, Orange, CA

SW corner on level 1. Caged and locked, but there is a number to call and a security guard comes right out and unlocks it. Free to use, but the hours are 6am to 11pm M-F (didn't ask about weekends).

blink_orange.JPG
I had a chance to stop by there on a Sunday - around 2pm. Tried to call to get an unlock. called again ... and again and again and again ... (crickets chirping) to the point I realized if I'd have been on fire, no one would have noticed.

I am having a problem with Plugshare right now. I signed up last month and offered the use of my outlet (this was before I had an EVSE). I showed up on the map, now I don't show. When I click "Log In", the window never changes and it does nothing. Is anybody else having this problem?

I've been very happy with PlugShare. I do not list my townhouse because (a) My Blink unit is inside my garage and the cord will not extend to the driveway and (b) I have no outlets outside of my house. If either of those weren't the case I would happily put my name on the list for someone to call.

I hope that if I ever am in need of a charge I can count on the person homes listed in PlugShare.

Additionally, I have added one or two public L2s to PlugShare that were not listed before.

I provided the suggestion that they allow data on and filtering by "Free" vs "Paid" as many units are becoming pay-per-use

skippycoyote said:
I am having a problem with Plugshare right now. I signed up last month and offered the use of my outlet (this was before I had an EVSE). I showed up on the map, now I don't show. When I click "Log In", the window never changes and it does nothing. Is anybody else having this problem?
Their Android app doesn't even display the Google map background (just the grid) if you go in and make changes to "My Station." I just got done submitting about a dozen charging stations to be removed because they don't even exist.

Also, someone here in the Portland area has been adding the quick charge stations that are still under construction and have no estimated opening. This would cause a lot of issues as the phone app doesn't reflect any of this information.

Back to Recargo as the "go-to" app...

DarkStar said:
What we need is a "Wikipedia" for charging stations with an open API for app and website developers.
There's an open database at http://openchargemap.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; available for just that purpose. Unfortunately, most sites seem to want to go it alone.

davewill said:
DarkStar said:
What we need is a "Wikipedia" for charging stations with an open API for app and website developers.
There's an open database at http://openchargemap.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; available for just that purpose. Unfortunately, most sites seem to want to go it alone.
Not sure how up to date it is though . . . for example - the 2 EVSE's that were vandalized about a half a month ago or more at the city of Orange appear to be active, when in fact they're not.

hill said:
Not sure how up to date it is though . . . for example - the 2 EVSE's that were vandalized about a half a month ago or more at the city of Orange appear to be active, when in fact they're not.
Well, it's supposed to be crowd-sourced, so get in there and fix the listing!

Seriously, it just doesn't seem popular, and that's a problem. It also seems to never remove stations no matter how dead. There's a listing near me that has been gone for years, but it still comes up every time I search. You have to look at the listing to see it's "non-operational". If there's a way to delete a location I can't see it.

davewill said:
DarkStar said:
OpenChargeMap is only open in the extent that the data is available for others. People cannot easily add, edit, or delete data as needed, like for example, Wikipedia.

DarkStar said:
OpenChargeMap is only open in the extent that the data is available for others. People cannot easily add, edit, or delete data as needed, like for example, Wikipedia.
Well, adding is certainly easy enough. I added a site just yesterday, but I know what you mean. Dead sites are pretty much never cleared out.

astralfish said:
If you posted your home on the PlugShare app, please be willing to provide an outlet for fellow EV drivers.

I'm not going to name any names..

It seems a very good point to ask that people be clear and accurate as to whether they are willing to provide an outlet to fellow drivers.

At the same time, having recently (temporarily - it likely won't be there for many quarters) listed my home charge station on plugshare.com, I want to note that I have found it difficult to edit and update my listing. In my view, the site operator needs to do more to iron out and fool-proof the site software.

I imagine if some other drivers have found it difficult to edit, this could be a full or partial explanation in some cases as to why their listings do not reflect the latest information or should have been deleted but haven't been.

I think plugshare is great. HOWEVER the distance shown on the plugshare map from my current location to a pin seems to be about 20% less than the distance shown on other GPS apps. This is big problem if a user is counting on the distance being correct. Anyone else have this problem?

Back