Plug In America annual Party with the Plug-ins! 11/13 SF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ElectricVehicle

Plug In America's description covers the event pretty well. Should be an excellent event, benefitting Plug In America. Maybe I'll get lucky and get to test drive a Tesla Model S without a $5,000 deposit. :) I once rode in a Tesla Roadster from one end of the back parking lot to the other. That was a nice thrill!
Party with the Plug Ins!
Winery SF, San Francisco, CA

Join Plug In America for our annual gala on November 13th in San Francisco at The Winery SF on Treasure Island to Party with the Plug-ins!

We'll be celebrating the years most exciting innovations in electric cars with test-drives, EV demos, a local hand-crafted wine tasting, raffle prizes, and a silent auction including a 2012 Zero Motorcycle.

Early Adopter tickets include access to a private pre-event that will offer test-drives of nearly every EV currently on the market (and some not yet out, including the Mitsubishi Miev and the SmartCar EV). Test drives will take place on a private closed course throughout Treasure Island.

General tickets include access to the event including an open wine and beer bar & light organic fare.

All ticket buyers will receive FREE entrance into the 10th Anniversary SF Green Festival, November 12-13!

Sunday Nov 13, 2011 3:00 PM - 10:00 PM
Prices $120.00 - $240.00
Location Winery SF (View Venue)
200 California Ave, Bldg 180 North, Treasure Island
San Francisco, CA 94130

http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/206361" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

These are very nice events and the most important for them each year. I attend every year and encourage anyone able to attend to go.

Join Plug In America for our annual gala on November 13th in San Francisco at The Winery SF on Treasure Island to
title-trans.png

Celebrate the year's most exciting innovations in electric cars with:
  • Test drives
  • EV demos
  • Local hand-crafted wine tasting
  • Raffle prizes
  • Silent auction

photostrip.jpg

Early Adopter Tickets - $240 - Limited number available
Early Adopter Tickets include access to a private pre-event featuring test-drives of nearly every EV currently on the market plus a few not yet released.

General Admission Tickets - $120

All ticket levels include access to the gala plus an open wine & beer bar and light organic fare.

All ticket buyers will also receive free entrance into the 10th Anniversary SF Green Festival, November 12-13.

Kids are welcome!

Tickets now available

carwithbackground.jpg

You can win two tickets to this event by submitting the winning phrase, one liner, or story that compels Americans to adopt plug-in cars in the future. Follow the link for details.
http://www.plugincars.com/contest-whats-your-one-liner-plug-vehicles-109878.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So far, more than 100 entries have been received.

For those not on the Plug In America mailing list, this update just went out:

Last chance to sign up at the lowest rate! We've extended the deadline until 4pm today to make sure everybody has a chance to attend this historic event.

Join us in San Francisco this Sunday November 13th and test-drive the Coda, Mitsubishi MiEV, EMW, Plug-Bug Conversion, Nissan Leaf, Tesla Roadster, SmartCar Electric Drive, Brammo Motorcycle and more! Test-drives will be a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity taking place on a private closed course staged on the beach front of gorgeous Treasure Island.

Enjoy an open bar, local organic fare, a photo-booth, grape crushing, the Sungevity solar lounge, barrel-tastings, a dessert bar, and live music. Charging will be available.

Get your tickets today!

Anybody arriving in a LEAF should find the event to be extremely EV-friendly (as you would expect for this organization, right?). Lots of effort going into setting up parking and charging.

Also, there are special promotions going on for motorcycle license holders and Prius drivers (50% off tickets).

Some photo galleries from the 2010 event:

This is their best event all year. If you can be there is is very worthwhile and fun.

FYI, if you're taking your EV and planning to charge at the event, I believe they will only have one 240V J1772 charger based on my emails to one of the event staff. The rest will be 120V. The 240V J1772 will have to be shared, so if you need more than a few miles (say 20+? miles) of charge, I suggest you check with them beforehand to make sure you can get the charge you need.

gascant said:
You can win two tickets to this event by submitting the winning phrase, one liner, or story that compels Americans to adopt plug-in cars in the future. Follow the link for details.
http://www.plugincars.com/contest-whats-your-one-liner-plug-vehicles-109878.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

So far, more than 100 entries have been received.

Winners announced now:

http://www.plugincars.com/one-liners-plug-vehicles-contest-results-110158.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We are providing charging at the event. I will have at least three 16A charging stations available, and maybe a few more depending on the electrical situation. We might be able to get 6 up and running.

-Phil

Bump.

Don't forget today's event. This is the biggest PIA event of the year and they do considerable work to insure LEAF drivers and others have places to plug in!

Back