placentia to Burbank airport Marriot hotel for meeting

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Andolyn

I'm looking for advise for charging somewhere in the area of burbank airport mariott hotel. I have a meeting at the burbank marriott hotel. Its listed on map quest as being 42 miles one way. I'm not able to find a close charge to get home. L2 or quick charge. I am hoping to leave my car charge somewhere close to hotel during my meeting.
I have a 2015 nissan leaf with quick charge option. Thanks for any help. Happy new years

Andolyn said:
I'm looking for advise for charging somewhere in the area of burbank airport mariott hotel. I have a meeting at the burbank marriott hotel. Its listed on map quest as being 42 miles one way. I'm not able to find a close charge to get home. L2 or quick charge. I am hoping to leave my car charge somewhere close to hotel during my meeting.
I have a 2015 nissan leaf with quick charge option. Thanks for any help. Happy new years
Inter Video is closer (a long walk), but I've not charged there and you may need to bring a portable L2 EVSE
http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/39322
Me, I’d bump charge at the Mall as these ChargePoints are 240volt fast
http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/5642

Nearest QC to there will be at Glendale Nissan, 727 S. Brand Blvd (a couple of miles south of the 134 Freeway), or Universal City Nissan at 101/Lankershim.

Near the airport there is an L2 at a place called "InterVideo" (2000 N. Lincoln) but I don't know about reliability or availability.

The city of Burbank has no QC's but numerous ChargePoint L2's including just outside the Sport Chalet at Towne Center mall, and the downtown parking garages.

Unless you need to carry a lot of stuff to this meeting, or need the car while you're there, I would suggest taking Metrolink to the Burbank Airport station instead, and walking to the Marriott or picking up a cheap taxi ride (Uber is quoting $5 each way). That way you don't have to worry about trying to find available charging stations along the way, and you'll be paying $12+ for a day's parking at the hotel anyway. You might be able to use their airport shuttle as well.

Fry's (on the south side of the railroad tracks at Hollywood Way) does have charging stations but they are the old kind (from the EV-1 days) and not J1772 complaint.

I wouldn't recommend Glendale Nissan as their lot is PACKED and the L2 units share spaces with the QC. I have had bad luck trying to charge there.

There is a free quick charger just off the 110 and the 5 at a LADWP facility:
http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/20526

3101 Artesian St
Los Angeles, CA 90031

I've had good success there. Maybe hit that on the way back?

My approach to this type of situation is often to find a charge location enroute that is close to a decent spot for an early breakfast.

The Media Studios North complex 500 feet from Marriott has 4 ChargePoints in the underground parking structure. The caveat is they are restricted use and require your account to be connected to "Worthe Real Estate Group" in ChargePoint. If you have a ChargePoint paid account and don't mind paying parking fees and $2/hr for charging your car you may try inquiring with the building management if they will allow you to charge there, for which they would need to approve your ChargePoint connection request. Plug availability is great thanks to the $2/hr rate for the first 4 hours and $4/hr after. Let us know if this works out for you should you decide to go this route. To get to Marriott from there head North on Ontario St. and then turn left on Thornton Ave. as all the "shortcut" gates to Marriott require an access card.

JeremyW said:
I wouldn't recommend Glendale Nissan as their lot is PACKED and the L2 units share spaces with the QC. I have had bad luck trying to charge there.

There is a free quick charger just off the 110 and the 5 at a LADWP facility:
http://api.plugshare.com/view/location/20526

3101 Artesian St
Los Angeles, CA 90031

I've had good success there. Maybe hit that on the way back?

Hey thanks for all the feed back. I used this one on Artesian st. Worked great.

Back