PG&E E-9/E-6/E-7 times change today for one week

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Deleted member 3147

Just a reminder for all PG&E residential TOU plan users, particularly E-9 for most Leaf owners: Today is the last Sunday in October, the previous end of daylight savings time. Next Sunday is the current end of DST. For this week, all times for rate changes will be one hour later than normal. For example, on E-9, for the rest of October, weekday peak rate ends at 10PM instead of 9PM.

This will happen again in spring but, fortunately, PG&E will me on winter rates so there will be lass impact.

DoxyLover said:
Just a reminder for all PG&E residential TOU plan users, particularly E-9 for most Leaf owners: Today is the last Sunday in October, the previous end of daylight savings time. Next Sunday is the current end of DST. For this week, all times for rate changes will be one hour later than normal. For example, on E-9, for the rest of October, weekday peak rate ends at 10PM instead of 9PM.

This will happen again in spring but, fortunately, PG&E will me on winter rates so there will be lass impact.

I am on E-9B TOU. Do I have to change my timer settings on my Blink for just 1 week?

So, I currently have my Blink charge timer start @ 12:05am. Does this mean I have to move it to say, 1:05am start at least just for this one week?

Thanks!

mxp said:
DoxyLover said:
I am on E-9B TOU. Do I have to change my timer settings on my Blink for just 1 week? So, I currently have my Blink charge timer start @ 12:05am. Does this mean I have to move it to say, 1:05am start at least just for this one week?
Well, you don't have to, but this week only weekday E-9 partial peak runs until 1 AM. So if you don't you'll be paying 4 to 5 cents more per kWh Mon-Fri between 12:05 and 1:00. It should amount to less than $1 extra on your PG&E bill.

Ray

I don't even have the TOU plan, and this byzantine BS is aggravating me.

This is part of the "clear signals" that PG&E are using to encourage customers towards more enlightened usage patterns?

Nubo said:
I don't even have the TOU plan, and this byzantine BS is aggravating me.

This is part of the "clear signals" that PG&E are using to encourage customers towards more enlightened usage patterns?
It is part of PG&E's stupidity in not initially offering smart meters for anything other than non-TOU E-1. These non-smart TOU meters have the old DST rules hard-coded. Rather than try to upgrade everyone's meters, they wrote the 1-week error into the tariffs!

DAYLIGHT SAVING TIME ADJUSTMENT: The time periods shown above will
begin and end one hour later for the period between the second Sunday in March
and the first Sunday in April, and for the period between the last Sunday in
October and the first Sunday in November.

I understand that PG&E has been offering E-9 smart meters for a while now and is starting to offer E-6/E-7 smart meters. Once they get most people switched over, they will hopefully rewrite the tariffs to make the DST error conditional on not having a smart meter.

Back