performance differences of tire sizes on 2013

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roperld

What is the performance difference between the 17" wheels and accompanying tires on the 2013 SL and the 16" wheels and accompanying tires on the 2013 SV?

We had some detailed speculation in this thread previously. (The discussion continues on for several pages in that thread.)

The bottom line is that a LEAF with the 17" wheels/tires is almost certainly slower and less efficient than one with the 16" wheels/tires, but only slightly. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the 17" tires are better on a skid pad test.

RegGuheert said:
We had some detailed speculation in this thread previously. (The discussion continues on for several pages in that thread.)

The bottom line is that a LEAF with the 17" wheels/tires is almost certainly slower and less efficient than one with the 16" wheels/tires, but only slightly. That said, I wouldn't be surprised if the 17" tires are better on a skid pad test.

Yep... what he said. Having previously owned a LEAF with 17" wheels and Michelin MXM4 tires, it was a true improvement to handling and feel. There is a mileage hit, but not very big.

Back