"Pending" Paranoia!!!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmpUpCO

Members,

I'm expecting my 2012 Leaf SL next month.

On the Leaf web site, my original arrival date was the week of 12/8. Within days it moved to 12/9, and then settled on 12/16. For the past two week however, the status has gone to "pending."

No further updates. Should I be discouraged or encouraged by this status?

Has anyone else experienced a prolonged "pending" status?

Please chime in!

AmpUpCO said:
Members,

I'm expecting my 2012 Leaf SL next month.

Has anyone else experienced a prolonged "pending" status?

Please chime in!

Oh my gosh, did we ever. There are long, tortured threads on this forum from last spring and summer of many, many of us getting changing dates every few days, then back to "pending". We even named it "Pending Purgatory" and called our delivery month "Penduary". When the earthquake and tsunami hit, there was even more change and angst.

Nissan appears to have no empathy for how these changing updates make expectant owners feel. Often, a change to "pending" might mean that the car has been received on the dock and is waiting for a dock-installed part like floor mats. Since you have had specific dates already, that is probably what is happening with your car.

If it will make you feel better, call Nissan Customer Service. They may actually have some information for you. "Back in the day", six months ago, they were clueless, but maybe Nissan has smartened up by now and is actually telling CS something.

my status changed probably 7-9 dozen times in the 4½ months from order to delivery including changing to "pending" less than 10 days from my actual delivery.

when this happened, i called my dealer to have them say that my car was coming and "should be" on the boat but could not tell me if it had just been loaded for its 2 week journey over or if it was in its extended stay (early models went thru extra port inspections before release) in port or if it was on a truck headed to the Northwest.

two days later, i received my "one week" email. despite that, my status was pending until Monday which was same day dealer told me to come pick it up (i picked up my car on Tues)

For some time, my delivery date was "week of dec 2" then "week of dec 10" and yesterday it went to "pending". I was not a happy camper and of course, found all those threads that told of the stories of Penduary. So I did not get much sleep last night.

But I did find recent post here from someone in GA whose delivery date went to pending, he or she called the dealer and was told that they had been invoiced for the car so it should be at the dealer in a few days. Maybe, hopefully, that's what is going on with mine. My delivery date went back to "week of dec 10" this morning.

While not a prolonged stay in Penduary, it was enough to freak me out. I guess that's a symptom of checking the dashboard every day... If not multiple times a day. :). I'll call the dealer just for grins to see if there has been any movement at their end.

Cheers, Bert

If you check over on the Chicagoland thread, the good news for a few is that 'pending' was (according to Nissan CS anyway) a server glitch and two forum members cars actually showed up at the dealer days earlier than their last online expected delivery date so it may not be all bad news.

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=24&t=357&start=350

My own delivery date hasn't changed from 'week of December 10' (last updated on 11/18) but we had several that did change to 'pending'

Grrrrrrrrr!

Still no updates from any of my sources!!! :evil:

Wrote an email to my Sales Representative last night, no reply.

Got word back from the "Chat Rep." only to say she's working on it...

Dashboard still unchanged and useless. How did you make it through this period???

I'm now worried I won't see the car until 2012, and I'll miss out on some tax breaks and incentives....

Advice? It's really the not knowing anything that's killing me!

<Slow calming breathes...>

A watched pot never boils

The web site status and emails should be viewed as nothing more than entertainment. At one point I was able to chat with customer service and they confirmed that my car was at the port. When you reach that milestone your car is very close.

Bottom line it'll get here when it gets here. :D

True. So, true. My car has been "at the port" for over 3 weeks now. But you are right, I really do need to simply relax a bit and be thrilled when it arrives!

AmpUpCO said:
True. So, true. My car has been "at the port" for over 3 weeks now. But you are right, I really do need to simply relax a bit and be thrilled when it arrives!

My resv' isn't 'pending' but now 5 days past the 'week of December 10th' on the online site -- called Nissan CS yesterday and all they could say is that it's en route but not to 'freak out' if it shows up early next week instead of in the 7 days from the posted date (this Saturday). I think this will still be my dealer's first delivery but won't know until they call so can imagine that they aren't happy either if its any consolation. Nissan is blitzing our area with TV ad's to sell cars during the holidays as well as we're seeing the 'what if everything ran on gas' LEAF ad's A LOT around here --- makes waiting that much more difficult but need to have patience; the only deadline I'd like to meet is actually before year end to file for the fed tax credit and IL EPA rebate because it may not be fully funded next year, still have yet to see a LEAF w/o dealer plates on the road but should start seeing some soon and perhaps a nice red SL in the garage!

PROGRESS!!!!!!

My dashboard has finally updated!!!

EVSE Install acknowledged, and I'm now prompted to set-up my CarWings account.

Don't I need my VIN# to do so??? I do not have it yet.

Back