Passenger Airbag control recall parts available

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Levenkay

Got the "parts are available; come in for warranty service" notice in yesterday's mail. I scheduled a service visit tomorrow from the dealer's web site that had the recall item as a clickable selection on the "so why will you be bringing your car in?" screen, but haven't interacted yet with a human representative who knows whether the dealer in question has the parts in hand. If they haven't followed up by email before my appointment, I'll phone them up for confirmation. The main thing, though, is that redesigned "Occupant Classification System" modules are apparently available now, so the recall repairs can proceed.

Great!!! I had been shocked that all summer long that I could not get an appointment for the recall because, "They didn't make the part yet"... That was unbelievable for a company like Nissan... The Nissan rep AT NISSAN told me that Nissan recommends "Sitting the passengers in the back seat" as a solution... What a laugh!!

Well, I telephoned the dealer's service department this morning to make sure that they actually were prepared to perform the recall service I'd received an invitation for. They rooted through their records for awhile and then told me that no, they hadn't received the necessary parts, nor had they any inkling of when those parts might arrive. So, false alarm, I guess.

This is sort of odd, since the mailed notification I received says, in bold letters, "Parts are now available to remedy your vehicle, we urge you to contact your Nissan dealer as soon as possible to arrange an appointment to have your vehicle repaired if you have any issues with the OCS system " (I guess that would be 'OCSS', for short)

I had all three recalls done about a month ago. (Brake software, ac pipe, airbag). The only one the dealer had to order for me was the ac pipe.

Side note, the brake software fix appears to have slightly increased my range, and I am hoping fixed my grabby brakes. So far so good!

Back