OCS Sensor Air Bag Sensor Recall Very Serious--Lack of Parts SoCal Dealer Suggestion?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lmobi

I'm trying to find out if anyone with a Nissan Leaf has had their OCS sensor replaced in their passenger seat. There is recall in progress. It is not the air bags but the OCS sensor.

I found out that because my Nissan LEAF see(http://wp.me/p4dsac-BAF has the yellow light showing that shows the airbags are off when there is a passenger in the seat it is a very serious problem and I should not put any passengers in the passenger seat and definitely not put any children there.

I called one dealer who wanted me to come in and have it checked, ever before ordering the part. However the way the recall reads is that it has to be replaced no matter what and other dealer gave me a really hard time saying that he could not order it unless I came in and sign something this is ridiculous

I know that Nissan reads this forum.Nissan needs to get its act together it is a very serious issue when I have a friend in the car and the yellow light is on while she is sitting in the seat. If we were in accident the airbag would not deploy. I have a elderly hundred and one year old neighbor that I give rides to.

For my last recall it took me an hour to get to the dealer and two hours while I waited and then another hour to get home due to traffic

For me to take out a half a day to go to a dealer to have something tested that already has to be replaced seems ridiculous it appears that the dealers are not happy with Nissan there should be no reason for me to have to make a trip to the dealer just to have them order the part for me. I would be happy to if they were to mail me a postcard I'd be happy to sign it and send it back that I would like the part

It appears that there is a shortage of arts however there were not that many Nissan Leafs sold in the United States.

I was told to take it to the dealer immediately. The part absolutely has to be replaced. There seems to be no point to take it to a dealer if they don’t have the part. Two dealers told me I had to come in for them to inspect the car. The part has to be replaced...there is no need to test it.

When I called the local dealers they obviously didn’t want to order the part. Consumer Affairs seems to misinformed. The part has to be replaced no matter what.

So far, Ross Nissan El Monte is investigating finding a part. Until then I can’t have passengers in the front seat.

There should be some kind of system where the dealer can order the part for customers. I don’t have the time to make two trips to the dealer. I’ve called three dealers and none of them have the part.

If there are Nissan Dealers in the Southern California who have the part, please let me know I can only go about 84 miles than I have wait for a charge.

I found out that because my Nissan LEAF see(http://wp.me/p4dsac-BAF has the yellow light showing that shows the airbags are off when there is a passenger in the seat it is a very serious problem and I should not put any passengers in the passenger seat and definitely not put any children there.

Actually, the sensor is there to turn the airbag off when a smaller child is present. This means that as long as the airbag is always off, you *can* put smaller kids in that seat, along with small adults and anyone else who is used to riding in a passenger seat with no passenger airbag...

The air bag light shows the air-bag is off when there is an adult passenger in the seat. The light goes off when there are groceries on the seat this is very dangerous.

The good news is that Ross Nissan will replace the part tommorrow! You should have a post card about the recall if you are a LEAF owner.

lmobi said:
... I should not put any passengers in the passenger seat and definitely not put any children there.

Children should never be in the front seats.
Always the back.

It is clearly detailed on the placard on the sun visor.

The 101 year old you take to the doctor would also be safer in the back.

The air bag is an explosive device.
It can injure lighter weight and fragile persons.
They should be in the back.

So is there any updated ETA to receive the parts for this fix? I would like to have it done with the 3G TCU upgrade at the same time I go in for my 2nd free annual battery check.

EVFuture said:
So is there any updated ETA to receive the parts for this fix? I would like to have it done with the 3G TCU upgrade at the same time I go in for my 2nd free annual battery check.
I got the initial postcard but haven't gotten the second one saying parts are ready. I did just get a letter about the 3G upgrade for $199.

Guess I need to call my local Nissan dealer and try to get this figured out.

Back