Part of the reason Leaf sales are low.......

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sending them out to people that leased is stupid because you don't own the leased vehicle.

This was my point there. Apparently I had to make it much more clear that to take the $8100 you'd have to pay the residual (currently about $13k with reduction). I guess I give people too much credit.

They probably just have a generic list from the DMV, their service department or some other source. They aren't checking to see if you have a lease or own it, they aren't checking your balance or lease contract. Just generic marketing where they insert your name, car model, offer $XXXX (XX% of book value for your model of car), etc. If you won't buy from a dealership that does similar marketing, it will be very tough for you to find a dealership to buy from. I could care less what the dealer marketing team does, as long as I get what I want, for the price I want. I mean, I would prefer an honest & caring dealer salesperson, but it ultimately comes down to the terms on the contract being agreeable to me.

Firetruck41 said:
They probably just have a generic list from the DMV, their service department or some other source.

This. Not much different than getting oil change coupons for your Leaf...

Back