One Year Servicing Info

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woosie

I dropped off the Leaf for a few items:

(1) the PDM recall
(2) the airbag recall
(3) fix the windshield washer, to spray onto the windshield
(4) replace front wipers
(5) my annual battery check
(6) fix a non-operating heat/AC system. I think the heat pump has failed.

I've a loaner Rogue...I'll keep you posted on results

A little off-topic, but I'm wondering about these heatpump failures. Did you use it a lot with both heat and A/C lit? I'm wondering if having the PTC heater run with the A/C is an issue...

Thanks for the heads-up Mike. My one year anniversary is today and I was planning to bring it in for the annual battery inspection and software updates next week. Fortunately no issues with my heater/ac but the windshield fluid sprayers are a problem ~ I remember reading another thread on that topic... I'll stay tuned for your update as maybe I can glean some insights from your experience before I head in. I'll stay tuned. BTW- I have only 8,000 miles, what do you have?

No news yet from Nissan but don't expect anything until next Wednesday.

I used the HVAC hardly at all so it couldv'e failed months ago. Since I live on SoCal and commute at 6:30am and 5:00pm I don't need heat nor cooling often. Other than that, the Leaf has been amazingly reliable, comfy and cheap...like $40/month cheap!

Plugg-

I've somewhere around 8000 miles too, primarily because I've spent so much time in Seattle on business. With a daily 40 mile commute and weekend puttering, I should be at 12000/year or slightly above.

Got the car back...no detailed battery info. It was printed by the technician who thought I wanted a check mark and not any data, so I talked to the salesman who leased me the car (he has one now too!) and he'll get me more tomorrow...I hope. Of course, the battery check says it's I fine shape but ai want to know how much degradation has occurred.

Everything else was fixed just fine. Another bad o-ring and a fresh charge of R-134 and the AC works great. $34 out the door, including new windshield wipers. I have 9201 miles on the car.

Thanks for the update! I'm scheduled for next week and I'll be sure to ask that they share the detailed battery report after its inspected. Glad to hear you had a successful experience - hard to beat $34. Much appreciate the share...

PLUGG

The single tear sheet is all that is available to the owner or the dealer. There is more detailed information produced, but it is sent directly to Nissan and is not accessible otherwise. There are specific stand-alone tests that can be run to document degradation and cell issues but they are not normally done as part of the yearly battery check unless a specific problem is suspected.

Woosie said:
Got the car back...no detailed battery info. It was printed by the technician who thought I wanted a check mark and not any data, so I talked to the salesman who leased me the car (he has one now too!) and he'll get me more tomorrow...I hope. Of course, the battery check says it's I fine shape but ai want to know how much degradation has occurred.

Back