Official Tesla Model S thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tesla Store, Newport Beach, California:

d870783f.jpg

8ffb9a66.jpg

13fc743d.jpg

55bd6a18.jpg

Herm said:
All that beautiful cast and extruded aluminum.. its truly a supercar.
Yeah, it makes me think it's worth the money. Not that I can afford it... :(

And check out those aluminum welds on what I assume are the motor casings. Simply perfect! They had to be done by a robot.

keydiver said:
Oh yeah, its the red one too, which they now say is $750 extra, but won't be available until 2013. Since when does it take 2 years to get paint?
Isn't this the red that is only available on Signature ?

A family friend just told me that he went and saw the one at the Newport Beach store and immediately placed a deposit on the 300 mile model (non-Signature). He said that he was waiting to see one in person before he'd put a deposit on one. He said that he was told to expect delivery in about 8 months. I'm skeptical about that timing. ;)

He offered me the chance to test drive it with him when test drives for reservees are available. Not sure how soon that will be, but I'll report here when and if I get that chance.

Boomer23 said:
A family friend just told me that he went and saw the one at the Newport Beach store and immediately placed a deposit on the 300 mile model (non-Signature). He said that he was waiting to see one in person before he'd put a deposit on one.

My wife would have done that this weekend, except we've got 30 months of Infinity lease.

TonyWilliams said:
My wife would have done that this weekend, except we've got 30 months of Infinity lease.
You can try to transfer .... http://leasetransfer.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

evnow said:
keydiver said:
Oh yeah, its the red one too, which they now say is $750 extra, but won't be available until 2013. Since when does it take 2 years to get paint?

Yes, but on any model other than a Signature you have to wait until 2013 for red. :? Red was the color my wife wanted, but I suppose they are trying to set the Signature model apart from the lesser models, at least for the first year. Just another thing that screwed the deal for me.

keydiver said:
evnow said:
keydiver said:

Yes, but on any model other than a Signature you have to wait until 2013 for red. :? Red was the color my wife wanted, but I suppose they are trying to set the Signature model apart from the lesser models, at least for the first year. Just another thing that screwed the deal for me.

Not really, you just need to come up with a $40K deposit and be ready to drop nearly $100K on the car... You too can get a signature edition :)

Tony, many thanks for those pictures - they're better than ANY of the official pictures that show the car details. The lighting was just right.

When my Leaf lease is up in May 2014, I'm hoping there will be several manufacturer's offering 150 - 200 miles driving range. But if not, Tesla will be the choice! Starting my savings plan come the new year...

BnBinSD said:
When my Leaf lease is up in May 2014, I'm hoping there will be several manufacturer's offering 150 - 200 miles driving range. But if not, Tesla will be the choice! Starting my savings plan come the new year...
Very low chances of anyone offering more than 150 miles (apart from Tesla). Usually OEMs announce well in advance ... only possibility is Infiniti coming close to 150.

evnow said:
N952JL said:
While they may need the luck, you must remember the Leaf is a BEV conversion of the Nissan Versa.
That's a myth that has been debunked a number of times.
While that may be true - and if I read all of your posts I have to wonder - but the Tesla had to find ways to get parts that NIssan could just grab - everything from door locks to seat belts Tesla had to fight to find. Imagine calling around to get a supplier for any part of a vehicle, and saying you are going to use it to build an electric car to compete with the other auto makers. Doesn't go over too well.

What Tesla is doing is fantastic, and so is what Nissan is doing.

Caracalover said:
Imagine calling around to get a supplier for any part of a vehicle, and saying you are going to use it to build an electric car to compete with the other auto makers. Doesn't go over too well.
Actually, it goes over very well with US OEMS who want to check Japanese imports - electric or otherwise. Besides, all part manufacturers are looking for a larger market. There isn't a grand conspiracy to keep all the EVs from not getting made - they are not getting made because they are expensive.

What Tesla is doing is fantastic, and so is what Nissan is doing.
True. So not sure why you want to argue in a Nissan forum that Tesla is doing much better than Nissan - although they are just catering only to the rich and in fact but for Tesla Ghosn would have never heard of EVs :lol:

True. So not sure why you want to argue in a Nissan forum that Tesla is doing much better than Nissan - although they are just catering only to the rich and in fact but for Tesla Ghosn would have never heard of EVs :lol:[/quote]
I am discussing, not arguing.

Tesla is a leader, that is all I said - not they are doing better than Nissan. Better is a very relative term. This is a thread on Tesla started by someone else, hence why my comments are pertinent. Can't understand you sometimes so I will stop responding now.

... Tesla has not released the Model S. It may not be obvious to consumers, but those in the industry understand that the race is on to dethrone Tesla as the leader in electric car technology and soon electric car production.

When the most compelling technologies in an industry are centered in one company, that company has a bright future. My personal prediction is high, so I will simply say, TSLA is a buy.

Disclosure: I am long TSLA.
http://seekingalpha.com/article/316974-electric-cars-tesla-leads-the-wave-of-the-future?source=yahoo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Caracalover said:
Disclosure: I am long TSLA.
http://seekingalpha.com/article/316974-electric-cars-tesla-leads-the-wave-of-the-future?source=yahoo" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
So is that guy - who just wrote his first article.

evnow said:
So is that guy - who just wrote his first article.
Yes, Ryan Salomone, the author of that article, owns 100 Tesla shares according to his profile. He also goes on to state that the Leaf had 'poor sales'. I'm surprised to see the wide news coverage articles on Seeking Alpha get. It's hardly anything more than a glorified blog.

Back