Official Scion iQ EV thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think these are replacing the old Rav 4s EVs that UCI use to have. Can someone swing by the irvine train station to see if they replaced the paddle chargers? :)

Just saw one driving in Torrance, Ca this past weekend. It had Michigan dealer plates.

JeremyW said:
I think these are replacing the old Rav 4s EVs that UCI use to have. Can someone swing by the irvine train station to see if they replaced the paddle chargers? :)

Yeah, Jeremy, they are in the process of replacing the old Rav4s at UCI with IQ EVs. There's also a group of residents in Univ Hills that are partipating in a research study with the cars.

I'm attending a screening of a new film about the global energy future at UCIs Engineering Hall this evening and they're displaying an IQ EV, a Toyota FCEV and a natural gas powered race car that was a graduate project. Pretty cool.

The film is called SWITCH. Check out the trailer at switchenergyproject.com

30 of these will be part of a car sharing fleet per http://green.autoblog.com/2013/09/12/toyota-fires-up-dash-carsharing-network-with-scion-iq-evs/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.

Back