Official Ford C-MAX Energi PHEV thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
dgpcolorado said:
Your quest to see the Energi is beginning to seem like a snipe hunt!
It was really my fault this time - I didn't go the last 3 weeks. If I had really tried hard enough, I could have found the time (even if it was raining that day). I didn't simply consider it possible that the dealer would sell off all the cars he had. I thought he would keep one to show and get some business !

evnow said:
dgpcolorado said:
It was really my fault this time - I didn't go the last 3 weeks. If I had really tried hard enough, I could have found the time (even if it was raining that day). I didn't simply consider it possible that the dealer would sell off all the cars he had. I thought he would keep one to show and get some business !
The one I saw in Georgia did not seem to be owned by the dealer. The salesman said it and the FFE were owned by Ford for demo only.

Pictures really don't do justice to the back hatch. I couldn't believe it wasn't tall enough for a grocery bag till I saw with my own eyes.

saleem145 said:
How much would this cost to lease??
Good question. You can play around with the numbers on the Ford site.

Base model with no options will cost $436, With Nav it is $464 for 36 months/36,000 miles and zero down. In other words, no sweet lease deals yet.

evnow said:
saleem145 said:
How much would this cost to lease??
Good question. You can play around with the numbers on the Ford site.

Base model with no options will cost $436, With Nav it is $464 for 36 months/36,000 miles and zero down. In other words, no sweet lease deals yet.

i think you will see some occasional specials but i dont think that Ford will have an issue selling these. they are priced right and have acceptable EV range.

nogajim said:
Pictures really don't do justice to the back hatch. I couldn't believe it wasn't tall enough for a grocery bag till I saw with my own eyes.

That bad?.. what about if you take off the rear shelf?

Herm said:
nogajim said:

That bad?.. what about if you take off the rear shelf?
Yes, they fit without the shelf, but they would obstruct the rear windshield and able to spew their contents forward if you slammed on the brakes. Tolerable for the occasional super road trip, but I don't think I'd want to deal with it for everyday errands.

dgpcolorado said:
evnow said:
Finally went to my closest dealer to take a look at Energi. He had got 3 of them - but they were all gone. None of the other dealers near me have Energi. One dealer refused to even believe they are even available now ("they are nowhere on the west coast").
Once again, Monty Python explains it all.
-------------------------------------------
Customer: It's not much of a cheese shop, is it?

Owner: Finest in the district!

Customer: (annoyed) Explain the logic underlying that conclusion, please.

Owner: Well, it's so clean, sir!

Customer: It's certainly uncontaminated by cheese....

http://www.minderella.com/words/cheeseshop.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

DaveinOlyWA said:
i think you will see some occasional specials but i dont think that Ford will have an issue selling these. they are priced right and have acceptable EV range.
The question is how utilitarian is this "utility vehicle" - given the trunc issues. Esp. if their lease prices come much higher than Volt's - the perceived value of Enrgi would be lower.

http://www.greencarcongress.com/2012/12/ford-20121204.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ford reported selling 1,259 units of the C-MACX Energi plug-in hybrid in November, with cumulative sales of 1,403 units including 144 units from October, when the vehicle went on sale. Ford also reported its best month yet for the Focus Electric, with 172 units sold, bring the total for the year through November to 518 units.
In total, Ford sold 4,848 C-MAX models in the US in November, 74% of them the regular C-MAX hybrid, 26% of them the Energi plug-in hybrid variant. (In November, Toyota’s Prius PHV accounted for 10.7% of total sales of the Prius family.)

Sales of the C-MAX hybrid increased 18% from the October results of 3,038 units. Total C-MAX (hybrid and PHEV) sales through November are 8,999 units.

Apparently people think Energi is still good even with the compromised trunk.

Whoa! Where are they? They have sold 9000 units and I haven't seen one in the wild in LA? Not even a regular hybrid. Are they just that generic looking?

JustinC said:
Whoa! Where are they? They have sold 9000 units and I haven't seen one in the wild in LA? Not even a regular hybrid. Are they just that generic looking?
I hear you. I've seen maybe like 1 on the road total. Haven't noticed any Energis, but it would be difficult to distinguish on the road unless you can pick out the badges. It seems that the local dealer here only got the hybrid in stock in the last 3-4 weeks at most.

1200+ Energis in one month is very good - I'm impressed considering that cars.com is only showing 111 Energis in stock nation wide (showing less than 3000 hybrids in stock). The cars must be flying off dealer lots as soon as they get there...

I don't think there are many Energis on the west coast yet. But I've seen hybrids in the dealer lot for a few weeks now.

Update : Apparently a lot of the sales are from CA.

update 2 : No, CA sales weren't big. So, the original statement that the numbers are all the more impressive because west coast (particularly CA) wasn't involved still holds true.

abasile said:
My guess is that the Energi partly explains last month's drop in Volt sales.

Supposedly supply was too low to maintain a healthy volume of Volt sales, specially on the West coast.

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/20121203/AUTO0103/212030417#ixzz2E6vAPxk3" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

"Don Johnson, U.S. vice president of Chevrolet sales and service, attributed the fall in Volt sales from its record-setting tally in October as an inventory issue, felt particularly hard in California.

"Dealers are just clamoring for more," he said of the California market, where GM sells about 34 percent of Volts and where it recently had just an eight-day supply of the vehicle. Inventory is now up to 23 days for California and about 60 days for U.S. supply, which Johnson described as "ideal."

Volt sales through 11 months this year totaled 20,828.

GM's Detroit-Hamtramck Assembly Plant, where the Volt is built, idled production for a time recently to retool for the 2014 Chevrolet Impala, Johnson said. That coupled with slightly "more robust" sales than expected for the Volt the previous two months hampered inventory, he said."

evnow said:
I don't think there are many Energis on the west coast yet. But I've seen hybrids in the dealer lot for a few weeks now.

I think you got that from us. Our guy apparently published out an article with a typo-error suggesting a lot of sales came from California, but it was supposed to state very few sales (like count on one hand sized) from California. I guess it was corrected within 3-4 minutes of being published but your so damn quick to see stuff, (=

Your orginal assumptions are correct...my apologies on not getting that fixed before publishing.

Statik said:
evnow said:

I think you got that from us. Our guy apparently published out an article with a typo-error suggesting a lot of sales came from California, but it was supposed to state very few sales (like count on one hand sized) from California. I guess it was corrected within 3-4 minutes of being published but your so damn quick to see stuff, (=

Your orginal assumptions are correct...my apologies on not getting that fixed before publishing.

On the Energi -- autotrader shows 123 'in stock' -- could be in-transit, or a pre-order but they are getting out there; they show a total of 3,195 total C-Max' or 3,072 of the regular hybrid version so not bad. My local dealer outside of Chicago shows 4 Energi's, 5 Hybrid SE's and 3 Hybrid SEL's. I've seen about 3 or 4 on the road around town (didn't look close but assume these were all the regular hybrid one's --- no additional incentives like CA on the plug-in in IL) but many more Volt's at present but sounds like this could change.

Statik said:

One of the car sales guys here told me there are practically no Energis on the left coast. Who knew I could trust him !

Unfortunately, it looks like west coast won't be getting Energis until Jan/Feb. When we do, from then on, my guess is Energi will be the highest selling plugin for a few months ...

Back