Official EV Project / Ecotality / free charger thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stanley said:
JimmyD, Thank you for checking for me. I called EVOcality to find out my status. They had no information to share with me and asked me to be patient and that it may take them a couple of months to sort through who will be receiving a free charger.

stanley,
assume you are in SD market as well. what is your month for ordering? i'm in october so wonder if that timing determines if you got in on the first wave of free chargers.
thanks,

opencar, you may be correct. I can not order my Leaf until January. However, you would think that they would have told me that,if that is the case, when I called them

I just got a call from a contractor for ECOtality to look at my panel On Thursday 9AM 8/26/2010. I will let you know what I find out. I will ask if we get to keep the charger etc. :D

Gonewild said:
I just got a call from a contractor for ECOtality to look at my panel On Thursday 9AM 8/26/2010. I will let you know what I find out. I will ask if we get to keep the charger etc. :D

Does Ecotality have to call everyone that is getting a free charging station? Because I was just told yesterday that they won't call me until they are ready to install, which may be November.

I also received a call today as well for a prescreen. I am scheduled for 7:30am tomorrow (Thrusday). It should be a slam dunk as I have had an EV charger installed there before (inductive paddle when I had an S-10E) and have plenty of breaker room and service capacity. I was told that I am one of the first on the list to obtain a free charger.

Skywagon looks like they will be in Chandler and at your house then on the way to mine. He said it takes about 1 hour. Leaffan it is to see what work needs to be done probably for budgeting the project.

Gonewild said:
Skywagon looks like they will be in Chandler and at your house then on the way to mine. He said it takes about 1 hour. Leaffan it is to see what work needs to be done probably for budgeting the project.

But I was just told yesterday by Ecotality that no appointment was necessary for a pre-screening...that's why I'm wondering if just some have to have the pre-screening.

I received the "you are accepted" email from ECOtality a few weeks ago, and they have scheduled an assessment on Thursday morning to come out and look over my situation. A friend of mine who received the "We still have questions" email had his assessment done last week. I am under the impression that everyone gets an assessment visit. They take measurements, photos, ask questions, etc. I'll post more after my assessment is done tomorrow morning.

Randy said:
I received the "you are accepted" email from ECOtality a few weeks ago, and they have scheduled an assessment on Thursday morning to come out and look over my situation. A friend of mine who received the "We still have questions" email had his assessment done last week. I am under the impression that everyone gets an assessment visit. They take measurements, photos, ask questions, etc. I'll post more after my assessment is done tomorrow morning.

Interesting...but the Ecotality guy told me on the phone that I wouldn't need any assessment. He said I was on Nissan's and Ecotality's Master List. They would just come out and put in the charging station before Dec. That's why I'm wondering if there is anyone that hasn't received a phone call or an email saying they HAVE to have an assessment to get the free charging station.

Frank said:
Leaffan and Randy: Do you both have August as your order month?

I'm in AZ and it is Sept., but Dee said the Sept. emails go out on the 1st. That confirms what someone else said awhile ago about some Sept. orders arriving before some Aug. orders.

Yes, I am in August for ordering...I submitted my 4/20 reservation within minutes after the email hit...Something like 2:30pm....

leaffan said:
Frank said:
Leaffan and Randy: Do you both have August as your order month?

I'm in AZ and it is Sept., but Dee said the Sept. emails go out on the 1st. That confirms what someone else said awhile ago about some Sept. orders arriving before some Aug. orders.
Sent mine in on the 20th, around 3 PM, about 5 mins. after it arrived (found it in my spam folder).

I had my in-home survey this morning. It was performed by George from Kortman Electric. He had a couple sheets of questions to answer/verify (basic stuff as we inputted in the online survey). It took 20 minutes and went well as my eletrcial box has plenty of room and is right on the outside, just behind the locaiton that I would like the unit to be mounted. They have not heard a confirmed date as to when they will receive the home units for install but said that they will keep us informed (they have 20-30 home installs so far along with numerous commercial/public installations). I spoke to Ray at Kortman yesterday to schedule today's appointment and him and George are both nice guys to talk to/deal with. This should be a simple process.

I had mine done today at 9 am and just as Skywagon said I have 14 open slot in my new electric panel. He took some measurement and photos as well.

Woo-hoo! Just got my "We would like to welcome you as a participant in the EV Project" email. :D

They came out 8/13 for their assessment. The email includes a link to the contract we will be signing later. This contract refers to the items we listed in the questionnaire (mileage driven, etc) as being important to them... so it may play a part in who is finally selected.

However, it also says they need 4,700 participants (country-wide) so everybody should qualify for a year or two. And since it ends Dec 31, 2012... well, I think everyone (potentially eligible) might qualify!

edited to add: This is a real relief! :cool:

Dav said:
Woo-hoo! Just got my "We would like to welcome you as a participant in the EV Project" email.

They came out 8/13 for their assessment. The email includes a link to the contract we will be signing later. This contract refers to the items we listed in the questionnaire (mileage driven, etc) as being important to them... so it may play a part in who is finally selected.

However, it also says they need 4,700 participants (country-wide) so everybody should qualify for a year or two. And since it ends Dec 31, 2012... well, I think everyone might qualify!

I received a phone call Tuesday from Ecotality saying I was approved and on the Master List, but they told me I didn't need the free assessment. I don't know anyone else yet that had that happen.

Has anyone who received the "ECOtality has some additional questions" e-mail been contacted again by them?

I received the e-mail on 7/22 and haven't heard anything since.

Dav and Leaffan, Congrats!!! Dav could you post the contract that they will want you to sign?

Has anyone who received the "ECOtality has some additional questions" e-mail been contacted again by them?

I received the e-mail on 7/22 and haven't heard anything since.

I have not yet been contacted still by the EV project. I did email them at their main email this week and got back a sort of automatic email saying that my inquiry had been sent to someone to answer me. No response as yet. I wondering if they are still working things out with my utlility DWP and that is why I had not heard anything? Are you in DWP service area, too?
Forgot to say, I got the "need more information" email as well...way back whenever.

Back