Official EV Project / Ecotality / free charger thread

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
leaffan said:
Not any more...they've added over a thousand since they received more monies.

But those monies are for promising to include more people. They have to include 900 each in those original areas.

http://www.ecotality.com/pressreleases/08032010_San_Diego.pdf

ECOtality Unveils EV Infrastructure Blueprint for San Diego

San Diego - Tuesday, August 3, 2010 - On the steps of the San Diego County Administration Center, ECOtality, Inc. (NASDAQ: ECTY), a leader in clean electric transportation and storage technologies, will reveal today the first potential locations of electric vehicle (EV) charging stations in the San Diego region. The announcement is a significant milestone in the company's work with the U.S. Department of Energy and The EV Project, the world's largest rollout of electric vehicle infrastructure.

SeattleBlueLeaf said:
Just got a follow up email that starts "Our apologies for any difficulties in responding back to our email.
So now I'm left to wonder if they got my email or what? I haven't received any new emails from them. :?: Sigh...

Here is a link to a San Diego regional map showing proposed locations of EVSE. Should go a long way toward reducing "range anxiety" concerns. About 80 locations will be Level 3 based on previous announements.

Dav said:
SeattleBlueLeaf said:
Just got a follow up email that starts "Our apologies for any difficulties in responding back to our email.
So now I'm left to wonder if they got my email or what? I haven't received any new emails from them. :?: Sigh...

I haven't received anything more from them either.

LEAFguy said:
Here is a link to a San Diego regional map showing proposed locations of EVSE. Should go a long way toward reducing "range anxiety" concerns. About 80 locations will be Level 3 based on previous announements.
Wow.

map_t593.jpg

LEAFguy said:

Did you see anything about the proposed date that all of those little dots would actually exist? There seems to be too many locations for a one year plan, but it would be nice if that was the case.

Frank said:
Did you see anything about the proposed date that all of those little dots would actually exist? There seems to be too many locations for a one year plan, but it would be nice if that was the case.

This was from this morning's San Diego Union. Initial installations are to begin in October. There was no time frame mentioned regarding the duration of the entire installation.

Has anyone heard anything more from EVProject since the weird "checkbox" email? I got an email, replied twice and didn't get anything back. Need to make sure I don't miss out on my charger. :)

turbo2ltr said:
Has anyone heard anything more from EVProject since the weird "checkbox" email? I got an email, replied twice and didn't get anything back. Need to make sure I don't miss out on my charger. :)

Nothing. I was thinking about the same thing - they should be acknowledging our replies.

evnow said:
turbo2ltr said:

Nothing. I was thinking about the same thing - they should be acknowledging our replies.

They sent me an email that said we got your info and will call you next week.

turbo2ltr said:

I just saw something yesterday or today that mentioned that they only need 30 days to manage the process. So December deliveries, as determined by Nissan (which I imagine would then be passed on to The EV Project), would get a notification from the EV Project in November to initiate the installation process.

I too have been notified that I'm eligible for the project, but no further contact. I never even got the "checkbox" email.

They said they need to view what needs to be done for planning.

Hello James,

We have received your information and someone will be in touch with you winthin the next week. Thank you.

Bob Taschetta

LEAFguy said:
turbo2ltr said:

I never got the "weird checkbox email" even. Just the one that said "you still may be eligible and we need more information and we will be in touch".

Gonewild said:
evnow said:
turbo2ltr said:

They sent me an email that said we got your info and will call you next week.

Can you PM me the email address that your reply came from? I got the weird email, replied to every address AND called them. Nothing. Perhaps the email address that they used to send you the "we'll call you next week" is the one I need. Or, you could CC me a copy of the email to: [email protected]

Thanks!

Got a call from "Tom" to schedule the survey appointment ! It will be on 12th, day after tomorrow. He had some 20 others to do the assessment - in the first batch.

Here is what Vonage thought was the voice message.

Hi this is Tom phone number 206-xxx-xxxx. I work with the on the car charging system for the Nissan lease and I need to come by and do a survey of your property your electrical panel where your charger would like to go. I type of thing. If you give me a call back at area code 206-xxx-xxxx. Thank you. bye bye "

Jimmydreams said:
I got the weird email, replied to every address AND called them. Nothing.
Same here. I tracked down a local rep and spoke with him. He said someone would call me, but no one did. That was last Thursday.

Back