October Orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still locked for me here in San Diego. I'm a 4/20 reservation anxiously checking my dashboard every few hours...

I estimated when we might expect to get our cars based on when we placed our reservations, based on reports of reservation rates and of production rates. Why are so many people who reserved on 4/20 still locked out of RAQ? Because 6,750 people reserved in the first 3 hours of 4/20, and Nissan is only building 30 cars per day for the U.S. market.

I can't insert images here in postings nor in my blog, so I wrote about it in my own blog at http://walterbays.wordpress.com/2010/10/25/when-is-the-leaf-coming/.

Nice analysis Walter! I suspect the front end of your chart might be a little off due to ramp up curve delay, but seems like sound reasoning :)

Still locked out here too. I reserved 4/20 within 3 hours of e-mail, in Northern California.

I contacted Nissan chat, and here's what they have to say:

The only information that we have available concerning this issue is that the RAQ emails are being sent out daily. There is nothing that can be done to speed this process up. While we understand your urgency and hope that you get to order from the dealership of your preference, there is nothing we can do to ensure that happens. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you may incur and thank you for your patience and understanding.

Just opened for me...hurrah!

Ok, quick question, I haven't spoken with my preferred dealer yet. Should I wait or just go ahead?

RevBrent said:
Just opened for me...hurrah!

Ok, quick question, I haven't spoken with my preferred dealer yet. Should I wait or just go ahead?

Talk to your PD first for sure and get your deal arranged ahead of time so that all is clear between you.

Kataphn said:
cinmar said:
Heck yeah! Mine just opened up also...FINALLY. RAQ submitted!

Congrats, cinmar! :D
Thanks! One thing to note. I had requested that Nissan allow me to opt out of the AV EVSE, however that option wasn't there when I went to RAQ. Having heard all the problems with the September peeps getting delayed, I went ahead and chose "pay with credit card." I'll contact Nissan after my RAQ has been accepted to fix it. There was no way I was going to lose my place in line, especially with the potential limitations on my PD to get my order in. Plus, I was the one with the nearly $11k AV quote, and there's no way my card would allow that charge. :D

Done! And a big thanks to Leon for his quick call back to get me through the process.

Come on February!

a lot of dashboards opening today...

I ordered Red SL from Boardwalk, Redwood city.
Got the L3 option and floor mats.

We're going for the test drive Sunday morning in San Jose.
It seems a little weird to order a car before driving it--I blame peer pressure :)

leafygreen said:
We're going for the test drive Sunday morning in San Jose.
It seems a little weird to order a car before driving it--I blame peer pressure :)
I blame the oil companies. ;)

We're also test driving in San Jose at 11 and 11:30am Sunday. I wonder if we should wear costumes since it'll be Halloween? Maybe I'll dress up as a can of oil...

For those of you told you would be able to order in October, but have not had your dashboard open up yet, how late did you place your reservation last April ? Late night April 20 ? Anyone in this group reserve early morning April 21 ? I am trying to gage how far back in the queue I might be. My reservation was placed April 21 evening.

tbleakne said:
For those of you told you would be able to order in October, but have not had your dashboard open up yet, how late did you place your reservation last April ? Late night April 20 ? Anyone in this group reserve early morning April 21 ? I am trying to gage how far back in the queue I might be. My reservation was placed April 21 evening.
My dashboard opened up this morning around 10:30am (10/25), and I reserved a little under 3 hours after the e-mail went out on 4/20, if that helps.

Back