October Orders

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
stanley said:
I thought the statistic is 6,700 reservations for the first thre days.

I searched around for confirmation of this and similar numbers. The best reference I found:

http://gigaom.com/cleantech/nissan-leaf-reservations-leave-tesla-ford-in-the-dust/

gigaom states here: 6,635 in 1st 2.5 days, 2700 in 1st 3 hours.

NY Times reported July 29 that 55% of reservations originated from "California, Washington State, Oregon, Arizona and Tennessee."

cinmar said:
My dashboard opened up this morning around 10:30am (10/25), and I reserved a little under 3 hours after the e-mail went out on 4/20, if that helps.

Thanks for this info. Since I reserved the evening of 4/21, and I have been promised an ordering opportunity in November, my dashboard will most likely open late in November.
It appears at least possible that my reservation might be early enough to get one of the last of the California $5K rebates. We just don't know how fast orders came in after the first 3 hours, especially for CA. I can hope.

tbleakne said:
Thanks for this info. Since I reserved the evening of 4/21, and I have been promised an ordering opportunity in November, my dashboard will most likely open late in November.
It appears at least possible that my reservation might be early enough to get one of the last of the California $5K rebates. We just don't know how fast orders came in after the first 3 hours, especially for CA. I can hope.

I reserved 8am on 4/21 but my order date is for December. Nissan screwed up my place in line for sure. That's ok cuz if I'm not in the first 500 or so, the CA rebate is prob moot anyways.

occ said:
tbleakne said:
It appears at least possible that my reservation might be early enough to get one of the last of the California $5K rebates.
I reserved 8am on 4/21 but my order date is for December. Nissan screwed up my place in line for sure. That's ok cuz if I'm not in the first 500 or so, the CA rebate is prob moot anyways.
You guys are being too pessimistic. The fund will soon be getting enough new cash for another thousand cars, though not all of that will go to LEAFs.

occ said:

There were just a handful of people who indicated on 4/21 that they were able to reserve earlier in the day than the rest of us. If you were part of that number, that's what probably screwed you up....the official reservation period did not start until just before 2:30pm.

occ said:
Do you know of anyone who reserved after you in CA - but is in an earlier order month ?

evnow said:
occ said:
Do you know of anyone who reserved after you in CA - but is in an earlier order month ?

Oh, 4/21...that's right we were 4/20. My bad.

occ said:
tbleakne said:

I reserved 8am on 4/21 but my order date is for December. Nissan screwed up my place in line for sure. That's ok cuz if I'm not in the first 500 or so, the CA rebate is prob moot anyway

I also think your chances of snagging a rebate are better than you think. I had once estimated that the early orders that already have gone through may consume the existing funding of 700 or so rebates but you will most likely fall into the next round (early 2011) of funding for another 100 leafs

evnow said:
occ said:

tbleakne, the post I responded to, indicated he reserved 4/21 in the evening. He prob meant 4/20? I guess I might have screwed myself then, since I tried to reserve 4/20 evening but the website was prob overwhelmed and it took like 10 min for any update to happen...so I waited till morning. Shoulda been more persistent.

opencar said:
I also think your chances of snagging a rebate are better than you think. I had once estimated that the early orders that already have gone through may consume the existing funding of 700 or so rebates but you will most likely fall into the next round (early 2011) of funding for another 100 leafs

I don't want to get my hopes up and be let down since CA budget problems is quite bad...not getting the $5k might just keep me from getting the LEAF.... well prob not... but still a huge benefit on my budget....well, here's keeping my fingers crossed!

evnow said:
occ said:

I received confirmation of my reservation on 04/21/10 at 8:34 am and my order month is November. I live in Glendale, California.

Azat said:
I received confirmation of my reservation on 04/21/10 at 8:34 am and my order month is November. I live in Glendale, California.
Interesting. occ, do you know exactly when you reserved ( in terms of confirmation email).

evnow said:
Azat said:
Interesting. occ, do you know exactly when you reserved ( in terms of confirmation email).

Yep. I kept the conf email, and I just checked: Wed, April 21, 2010 07:29 AM. I'm in Tustin, CA.

My bad!... I also just checked my "Get ready to order" email too: my order month is November!! Yay! ;) Now I got my wife's fingers crossed too!

Azat said:
I don't think the date/time on the confirmation note means anything. I reserved on 4/20 around 3 PM, perhaps half an hour after I got the invitation, and I was able to order on Sep 2, but my confirmation wasn't sent until 11:15 PM on 4/21.

pii100 said:
Reserved 4/21 October RAQ date. RAQ email received and RAQ submitted 3PM CDT NOV 1st.

What was your reservation time on your email on 04/21/10? I reserved on 04/21/10 at 8:35am PST, but my RAQ month is November and RAQ email didn't received yet. :oops:

occ said:
evnow said:
occ said:

tbleakne, the post I responded to, indicated he reserved 4/21 in the evening. He prob meant 4/20? I guess I might have screwed myself then, since I tried to reserve 4/20 evening but the website was prob overwhelmed and it took like 10 min for any update to happen...so I waited till morning. Shoulda been more persistent.

I don't want to get my hopes up and be let down since CA budget problems is quite bad...not getting the $5k might just keep me from getting the LEAF.... well prob not... but still a huge benefit on my budget....well, here's keeping my fingers crossed!

I reserved late on the evening of 4/21 like I said, not 4/20. My confirmation is dated April 21 at 10:58 PM. I received the confirmation within a few minutes of my reservation. There was probably much less back-up than earlier. It certainly sounds like you didn't get your fair place in the queue.

My November order email is dated July 27.

I am more optimistic now that we will get the CA rebate. Some reservations are not converting to orders, and some say they have heard more funds will be put in the rebate kitty.

Azat said:
pii100 said:
Reserved 4/21 October RAQ date. RAQ email received and RAQ submitted 3PM CDT NOV 1st.

What was your reservation time on your email on 04/21/10? I reserved on 04/21/10 at 8:35am PST, but my RAQ month is November and RAQ email didn't received yet. :oops:

Reservation confirmation email was time stamped Wed, 21 Apr 2010 06:41:07 PDT. My RAQ date was OCT. Didnt get my RAQ till NOV 1.

I guess I will check in on this thread because I was an Oct. 1 order, even though I was given a Sept. order date by Nissan when I reserved on 4/20/2010 at about 4:30PM PST (I received the invitation email to reserve about 2:30PM, but didn't check my email that day until a couple of hours later.) The confirmation of my reservation came on 4/21 at 9:57PM.

I believe my participation in the EV Project delayed my RAQ date because of the need for a home assessment (Ecotality still had "questions" about my EVSE installation). The assessment did not take place until 9/11/2010, and I didn't receive the results until 9/17. My dashboard didn't update to "Etec application approved" for another week, and my RAQ window didn't open until Oct. 1, when I got a quote from Pacific Nissan and confirmed my order.

Now I'm just waiting for a delivery date and installation of my Blink charger, and trying to decide whether to lease or buy.

HTH,
TT

I chose to lease based on my observation that there will likely be many choices for BEV's by 2014 and I don't want to have to worry about the re-saleability of a what will likely be considered a "1st gen" vehicle.

Back