Now, go vote

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I did not vote.

Both democrips and rebloodlicans are bought and paid for. The presidential debates (if they can be called that) are owned and regulated by the two gangs to exclude third party candidates and tough questions. Both candidates support preemptive war, bailing out corporations via the taxpayer, are pro NDAA, pro Patriot Act, pro drone strikes, pro Guantanamo Bay, both support drug prohibition, etc.

I might consider voting when we have more than a two party dictatorship where the alternatives get censored.

derkraut said:
A friend of mine voted Republican all his life, until after he moved to Chicago in 2000. After he died in 2002, he began voting Democratic, and has done so ever since. :lol:

I've read alot of political jokes today but this might be the funniest.

thankyouOB said:
I am not a ban abortion fan, and especially not in favor of someone else's religious beliefs dictate how I live.

There is a HUGE difference between banning abortion and forcing someone to pay for it, even if they believe in the sanctity of ALL human life. In fact, the second half of your statement supports just that. Some else's religion (or lack thereof) should not dictate how I live and what I have to pay for.

astralfish said:
I did not vote.

Both democrips and rebloodlicans are bought and paid for. The presidential debates (if they can be called that) are owned and regulated by the two gangs to exclude third party candidates and tough questions. Both candidates support preemptive war, bailing out corporations via the taxpayer, are pro NDAA, pro Patriot Act, pro drone strikes, pro Guantanamo Bay, both support drug prohibition, etc.

I might consider voting when we have more than a two party dictatorship where the alternatives get censored.

FWIW, I voted, but not for Romney or Obama. There are other candidates on the ballot, and there's always a write-in box at the bottom. If everybody followed your philosophy (don't vote at all until a third party rises), there will never be a third party!

mwalsh said:
Good, that's over. Now maybe Washington will get back to working on the country's ills, and we can get back to talking about EVs. :)

As long as off shore money controls both political parties i am afraid that anything that does get done week not bee in our best interests

DaveinOlyWA said:
mwalsh said:
Good, that's over. Now maybe Washington will get back to working on the country's ills, and we can get back to talking about EVs. :)

As long as off shore money controls both political parties i am afraid that anything that does get done week not bee in our best interests

Dave. Stop being a Debbie Downer. This minute, y'hear! :p

Well Obama made huge concessions on his environmental policies to get his health care plan in place. Hopefully now that re election is no longer a barrier, he can revisit that. Granted will be tough with the shaky recovery but got to be done

GetOffYourGas said:
thankyouOB said:
I am not a ban abortion fan, and especially not in favor of someone else's religious beliefs dictate how I live.

There is a HUGE difference between banning abortion and forcing someone to pay for it, even if they believe in the sanctity of ALL human life. In fact, the second half of your statement supports just that. Some else's religion (or lack thereof) should not dictate how I live and what I have to pay for.

i am unclear where your confusion is, so let me restate this:
I oppose limiting abortion further than it is limited now under supreme court decisions -- a woman and her doctor should be able to choose abortion and an appropriate procedure without interference from state or federal govt.

I dont see why your religious beliefs should govern my life nor mine yours.

my employer should not be able to object to having contraception covered in an insurance plan as required under state law (as in CA. or under ACA), just as my employer is not allowed to discriminate in hiring based on race, sex and other protected factors, and as someone operating in public commerce -- such as a restaurant or hotel -- may not refuse service to someone based on those factors.

DaveinOlyWA said:
Well Obama made huge concessions on his environmental policies to get his health care plan in place. Hopefully now that re election is no longer a barrier, he can revisit that. Granted will be tough with the shaky recovery but got to be done
Right. He'll have more flexibility now.

LTLFTcomposite said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
Right. He'll have more flexibility now.

Isn't that the same thing he told the Russian president?

ebill3 said:
OK, you all got your man. Hope you are all heavy in the market so you can reap your reward. :twisted:

Well in his first term we got about 80% improvement. Plenty of single-day variations in there too, but sane people don't worry about those.

ebill3 said:
OK, you all got your man. Hope you are all heavy in the market so you can reap your reward. :twisted:
Haven't you heard, stock market declines only affect bankers and Wall St types. You know, the 1%. They deserve whatever they get, that money should be ours anyway.

ebill3 said:
Can't imagine what you can mean. The market does much better under Democratic presidents. BTW thanks for the reminder, I just added to my stock holdings.
Do Stocks Perform Better Under Republicans Or Democrats?
In an unusual twist to conventional wisdom, stocks have actually fared better under Democratic presidential administrations. That's the conclusion drawn by analysts at S&P Capital IQ, who analyzed annual market returns over the past nine decades.

...(table showing 12.4% growth under Dems and 6.9% under Reps)...

Frankly, the margin of victory isn't even close. Even if you toss out the top period for Democrats (under Bill Clinton) and the worst period under Republicans (under George W. Bush), Democrats still would come out ahead.
The facts are that giving the farm away to big business isn't really good for the economy at all.

Note: It IS good for corporate raiders, investment bankers, and others that like to make gobs of money off other people's misery, however.

GetOffYourGas said:
astralfish said:
I did not vote.

FWIW, I voted, but not for Romney or Obama. There are other candidates on the ballot, and there's always a write-in box at the bottom. If everybody followed your philosophy (don't vote at all until a third party rises), there will never be a third party!
+1 - even if you choose not to vote for the state/national offices, there are a lot of local candidates/policies where one's vote has a much larger effect.

By choosing not to vote - you essentially are saying that you do not care what the outcome is. Getting involved with local politics is the easiest way one can make a big difference in your daily life - and those changes to your local politics definitely will promote larger change.

Back