not even a new leafer , its new in the whole country

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
GerryAZ said:
Welcome to EV ownership. Your battery is in good shape for its age and mileage, but it will deteriorate over time. My 2011 was down to 10 bars when it was a little over one year old and down to 8 bars after a little more than 2 years, but I could still drive 50 miles on a charge (before Nissan replaced the battery). You will like the air conditioning--cooling is among the best of any car I have driven. The heater works well, but takes a lot of energy. There is a kit available from a Leaf driver in Norway that includes a switch to give the driver better control of heater power consumption. If you are still looking for an EVSE, you could probably purchase one from evseupgrade.com that would handle the full input voltage range that the onboard charger can use. Since support from your local Nissan dealer will be limited, you might want to purchase the service manual from Nissan for reference.

Gerry

Very good advice Gerry. And to add, the new (Lizard) battery is tracking the same result in the hot Arizona USA Climate of dropping to 8 bars after about 2.3 years. It appears there is no improvement for hot climates as we would have hoped.

Back