Not Charging

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DSC

So I purchased a used 2012 leaf a couple weeks ago. I've been parking it in my driveway and plugging it in over night and setting the timer to start charging in the early morning. It is common for it to have zero bars of battery temperature and after driving awhile gaining one or two bars. The other night we had a server snow storm so I moved it into my unheated and uninsulated garage for the night and left it unplugged and about 60% charged. Now it is not charging at all. When I plug it in there are no beeps and no blue lights. It does display that it is plugged in on the dash. The timers are turned off. Has the battery frozen? If so how do I go about thawing it? I drove it to work this morning and the turtle came on. Leafspy says soc is 39.9%.

I fixed it. Some ice got inside the charging port. I took a hair dryer to it for a couple minutes and tried plugging it in again and it started charging.

Make sure you get the port thoroughly dried out so it does not freeze again. Although freezing is not a problem for me, I lubricate the connector once in a while with a small amount of food service grade (safe for food processing equipment) silicone grease to make it easier to plug/unplug.

Back