No Charge to Charge?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kmand

My 2015 leaf is now 2 years old. I have been using the Nissan "No Charge to Charge" feature activated when I bought the car. It's supposed to last 2 years, but I haven't gotten any ending notices.
I only use the EVGO level 3 chargers and so far get a zero dollar bill from them every month.

Will I get some kind of notification? Just afraid of getting a huge surprise bill from EVGO.
Their a la carte pricing is very high. On the other hand I don't want to rock the boat, and
use it as long as I can.

I live in a condo with no way to charge, but will have to use much less convenient but
much cheaper public level 2 chargers not far work when I have to.

eVGo continues to have the strangest billing system in the industry. While others have user friendly apps, their system won't even let you see your usage or fees online. Save all those zero bill emails. Assuming that they're billing Nissan for your usage, maybe Nissan's accounting is just as bad and they'll pay for you a while longer. When it's over, eVGo does offer monthly plans that might work for you.

I was fortunate that when my boss checked out Charge Point and the incentives, pluses on his global LEEDS and Carbon Footprint scores, etc he found it put the company in a better position to compete globally to install a few Charge Point pedestals in the office parking garage and offer them to the employees at no charge. It is very nice to be able to charge while your working at no cost and be one of the poster boys that helped improve the companies global scores.

Some employers don't realize how positively installing a few charging stations can impact their business.

RockyNv said:
I was fortunate that when my boss checked out Charge Point and the incentives, pluses on his global LEEDS and Carbon Footprint scores, etc he found it put the company in a better position to compete globally to install a few Charge Point pedestals in the office parking garage and offer them to the employees at no charge. It is very nice to be able to charge while your working at no cost and be one of the poster boys that helped improve the companies global scores.

Some employers don't realize how positively installing a few charging stations can impact their business.
This thread is about the "No Charge to Charge" program specifically, not charging for no cost.

But I do agree with you. ;)

Back