Nissan removing Climate Control from EV App??

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ztev

I was just chatting with a Nissan rep about the fact that the app hasn't been updating/working for a few days, and they told me that they are removing the climate control function from the app! Has anyone else heard this? If that's true, then I have no more use for the app.

Seems like a whole lot of work for Nissan to spend all the time and resources to make it work and then just dump the feature. Until I see an official announcement, I would take that with a grain of salt. :?

Yeah, I was kind of thinking the same thing.... although, I work in the software world, and it's not unheard of to deprecate a feature if it becomes to difficult/expensive to maintain. Typically though I see it with less-used features... and from what I've seen, it seems like climate control is probably the most used feature of the app.

So.... here's hoping.

I talked to 3 different CS reps yesterday and they all seemed to have different amounts of knowledge and information. I suspect if you called back and talked to a different person, you would get a completely different answer. It seems the best approach is just to wait until the app starts working again, whenever that might be.

I received a few emails recently trying to get me to subscribe to the additional features that are available through Sirius XM--remote locking/unlocking, valet supervision, etc.--I never even activated the free trial when the car was new because I did not want those capabilities/risks. I highly doubt that Nissan will take away the basic features that function through cellular, but will keep watching for official notification. Maybe this current system outage is an attempt to get drivers to subscribe to the additional features.

Back