Nissan Leaf Commercial, "facts"

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davewill said:
Maybe these guys have a point about dumping the environmental message. It seems very sad to me, but I just ran across this story about conservatives' aversion to environmental messaging.
I didn't hear what Michelle Bachman said about CFLs, but a broken clock is right twice a day. In hindsight I wish I hadn't spent a dime on them and just waited for LEDs. I plan to make one final trip to the toxic waste dump to be rid of CFLs once and for all, and expect they will be off store shelves within a year.

When it comes to going green, most people are more concerned with saving some green than they are about saving the planet. We've already been told that all hope is lost when it comes to global warming and rising sea levels, so you might as well worry about things that affect your daily life.

davewill said:
Maybe these guys have a point about dumping the environmental message. It seems very sad to me, but I just ran across this story about conservatives' aversion to environmental messaging.

A study out Monday in the journal Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences examined attitudes about energy efficiency in liberals and conservatives, and found that promoting energy-efficient products and services on the basis of their environmental benefits actually turned conservatives off from picking them. The researchers first quizzed participants on how much they value various benefits of energy efficiency, including reducing carbon emissions, reducing foreign oil dependence, and reducing how much consumers pay for energy; cutting emissions appealed to conservatives the least.

The study then presented participants with a real-world choice: With a fixed amount of money in their wallet, respondents had to “buy” either an old-school lightbulb or an efficient compact florescent bulb (CFL), the same kind Bachmann railed against. Both bulbs were labeled with basic hard data on their energy use, but without a translation of that into climate pros and cons. When the bulbs cost the same, and even when the CFL cost more, conservatives and liberals were equally likely to buy the efficient bulb. But slap a message on the CFL’s packaging that says “Protect the Environment,” and “we saw a significant drop-off in more politically moderates and conservatives choosing that option,” said study author Dena Gromet, a researcher at the University of Pennsylvania’s Wharton School of Business.

http://grist.org/climate-energy/why-do-conservatives-like-to-waste-energy/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Can you believe it? So long as you don't SAY they're good for the environment, conservatives are willing to buy green products, but once you say it's green, they reject them. I guess they just want to stick to the libs no matter what. As I said, it's sad.
what is sad is that you are so foolish to believe that one size fits all and that EVERY conservative has the same ideas and thoughts.
Libtards like this are the sad one because they feel the need to pigeon hole people, thinking that everyone who doesn't share their views of the world are morons or idiots.

here's a hint conservatives buy EVs as well as the enviro whack jobs

DeaneG said:
Still, inexplicably, no mention of the Leaf's HOV-lane eligibility.
there is a big country out there beyond the borders of CA, unless the ad was localized for CA mentioning benefits available only to residents of CA could be viewed as being misleading or confusing

apvbguy said:
what is sad is that you are so foolish to believe that one size fits all and that EVERY conservative has the same ideas and thoughts.
Libtards like this are the sad one because they feel the need to pigeon hole people, thinking that everyone who doesn't share their views of the world are morons or idiots.

Wow. I said nothing of the sort. Name calling is WAY out of bounds, and I won't put up with it. Welcome to the foe list.

davewill said:
Can you believe it? So long as you don't SAY they're good for the environment, conservatives are willing to buy green products, but once you say it's green, they reject them. I guess they just want to stick to the libs no matter what. As I said, it's sad.

allot of what their leaders and radio jocks do, say is purely designed to piss off liberals.
as to the knee-jerk reaction to green stuff, it is part of the macho self image, and it is why the car companies use images of trucks going off-road to sell pick ups to the suburban crowd, who never take them off the pavement.

ad folks call it aspirational.

davewill said:
apvbguy said:

Wow. I said nothing of the sort. Name calling is WAY out of bounds, and I won't put up with it. Welcome to the foe list.
Great! now that I've been ID'd as a foe I can get back to pushing granny off of a cliff and denying a minority's right to vote using my gun that I bought without a background check

apvbguy said:
DeaneG said:
there is a big country out there beyond the borders of CA, unless the ad was localized for CA mentioning benefits available only to residents of CA could be viewed as being misleading or confusing
Could've just been a voiceover in major metro areas.

Stoaty said:
DeaneG said:
It's the main reason I bought mine, and also two coworkers.
How much did you pay for the two coworkers? Was that an actual purchase, or did you just lease them? ;)
Ha ha, I bought 3 leafs, and got the 2 coworkers for free! Only 3 year warranties though, and I'm not sure I like one of them.

apvbguy said:

You were making a decent point right up until "Libtards". :roll:

apvbguy said:
DeaneG said:

Exactly. Even in CA, HOV lanes are not pervasive. And even where they exist not everyone uses those routes.

Conversely, the people who actually suffer on those roads are already well aware of the waivers. They see these cars with their stickers go by every day. No ad was ever more persuasive. No need to spend money advertising a feature that sells itself.

as for truth and facts.
I saw a LEAF ad on TV, while I didn't watch the whole thing, it ended with a depiction of a LEAF powering a house, what's up with that?

apvbguy said:
as for truth and facts.
I saw a LEAF ad on TV, while I didn't watch the whole thing, it ended with a depiction of a LEAF powering a house, what's up with that?
Google is your friend:

http://www.greencarreports.com/news/1079955_nissan-leaf-to-home-power-station-will-it-make-it-to-u-s" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back