Nissan Goes Big with Detroit Show Stand ...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redLEAF

new show fragrance as well ??

"After keeping a low profile at several U.S. auto shows in recent years, Nissan Motor Co. is mounting a full-blown return to the spotlight at next week's Detroit auto show--complete with the release of a new show fragrance the brand hopes will become its trademark smell."

http://www.autoweek.com/article/20130108/detroit/130109896#ixzz2HUGojFoI

nissan-detroit-show-stand.jpg

redLEAF said:

Well at least they didn't pick "Tuna Fish Sandwich" :lol:

But I'm also a unique guy too.
The kind of guy who likes to have his own special scent. Not to smell like every other guy.
I like to have my own, individual -odor-.

That's why I wear "tuna fish sandwich".
I put a tuna fish sandwich under each arm. maybe one or two behind the ears..

I don't smell like any other guy.
And it's economical too because the smell lasts four or five days.

-- Steve Martin

redLEAF said:
The new fragrance has been scientifically designed to make Pheonix LEAF owners love their cars NO MATTER WHAT! :roll:

If it is just for brand identity, I suppose a brand fragrance could help keep customers with bad experiences out of Nissan's showrooms FOREVER!

Olfactory sensation is a very powerful thing that can cut both ways. If done well, it can be very seductive. Pagani even requires a certain fragrance in his design studio. But deliver an unpleasant experience during this sniff-athon and the mental tracks are permanently laid for a lifetime of negative association.

TRONZ said:
Olfactory sensation is a very powerful thing that can cut both ways. If done well, it can be very seductive. Pagani even requires a certain fragrance in his design studio. But deliver an unpleasant experience during this sniff-athon and the mental tracks are permanently laid for a lifetime of negative association.

And they need to be careful because there are people like me whose noses filter out a lot of the supposedly pleasant fragrances and pick up any underlying chemical stench well.

GeekEV said:
redLEAF said:
Is it that baked battery smell? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Interestingly, there is an odor associated with small, "primary" lithium batteries. The flashlight enthusiasts at candlepowerforums.com, have taken to calling it "flashahol" and some claim an addiction. :p

http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?204488-CR123-battery-smell-Flashahol-Whats-normal" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Back