Nissan Glowing Leaf on Glow-in-the-Dark Highway

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alfred1976

Interesting idea.

From the article:
The EV, which sports a glow-in-the-dark car paint to remind the world how many customers of the world’s best-selling electric vehicle are powering their car from solar energy generated at home, has been shipped to the Netherlands, home of the Smart Highway.

The event marked the first time a phosphorescent car has been driven on the famous stretch of road, which is the world’s only luminescent highway.

6 pictures and video in the gallery

It is interesting, but with absolutely no plans to ever bring it to market, I'm not sure what the point of Nissan's demonstration is.

eloder said:
It is interesting, but with absolutely no plans to ever bring it to market, I'm not sure what the point of Nissan's demonstration is.
I think the entire point was just marketing..

The whole "powered by the Sun" "renewable energy" "clean" "EV" mashup...

It was just an attention getter.
And judging by the reaction on the appropriate sites when it was shown, I think it was a good call by Nissan.

Of coure, the real importance on something like this is, once you have the peoples' attention, what do you do with it?
Not sure they have much of a plan, other than the "Nissan is a good/clean company, see" concept.
Which is valuable. But I would think they could follow it up with more than just that...

Fun to look at, and a good conversation piece.

desiv

It's already been discussed in another thread... Search is your friend...

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19146&hilit=glow" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can do this any time you like to your own LEAF. There are glow "paints" available such as plasti-dip, or glow-in-the-dark wraps. Strontium Aluminate pigments have been around for awhile and aren't a Nissan discovery. ;)

Back