Nissan-expects-leaf-sales-to-double - Smyrna update

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is this why Nissan has not been advertising like the Volt people are? I hope we see these improvements from Nissan with the Tenn. plant soon. :?:

TRONZ said:
LEAF sales fell off right before the warm weather capacity loss issue surfaced. Since Nissan likely watches the LEAF battery data stream very closely, there is no question they saw what was going on well before anyone else did. With the possibility of needing to warranty some Gen1 cells very high (for image reasons), you don't crank up production of said cells and broaden your exposure to the risk. I am certain Nissan has been throttling back Gen1 packs and therefore availability of cars. When availability of any car becomes limited, jerky dealers will become even more jerky and in the jerkiest of ways.

If in fact, Nissan Smyrna makes mods to the packs architecture or chemistry, then it will become crystal clear what has been going on.

would ne easy to get supporting data. i can attest that here we have a noticable increase in LEAFs available for sale. what about Phoenix dealers?

**edit** ok 43 new LEAFs in 50 mile radius from 85009...not many considering that there are 58 LEAFs same radius (does NOT include Seattle) from 98503 which consists of a population base less than 1/10th the size of Phoenix...

hmmm? interesting. anyone in Phoenix care to chime in on LEAF availability on the lots? cars.com is an ok source for info, but eyewitness accounts hold a lot more weight for me

Back