Nissan Engineering Team Visit Dec. 3rd: Recap

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you want to demo something you've done to your LEAF at the December 3rd meeting, please use this link to sign up:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aho8vWe-yr4tdHBrR3BvOTVOaWtaUi1Lc0g4MEV6R3c" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We'll cluster the Demo LEAFs close to the building so we can be over and back in short order.

All: Have found out that Google will want us to sign in and have badges for the meeting. You can expedite the sign-in process by filling in your particulars at the attached link. Don't worry about maintaining alphabetical order. Please also indicate your preference for pizza--a small donation will be requested to help cover the cost of the latter.

EDITED 11/23 08:30 PST: Please see the link in the following post for a revised list. Thanks.

The meeting starts at 1PM. I'll publish the agenda over the holiday weekend.

Hi Everyone,

We would like to keep the attendee list private so Howard and I agreed to create a form.
Please use the following link to RSVP for the Dec 3rd Leaf Event instead of the spreadsheet posted by Howard:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/viewform?formkey=dEJCNTBEbkhaMEVNQTRrY0lWNXZ3eHc6MQ" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If you signed up on Howard's spreadsheet, I copied your name over already so no need to worry, unless you need a charger, then please sign up again using the form and include your email.

We will work to get all of your badges created beforehand. Please RSVP to this event as the meeting space and chargers are limited.
Again, if you need a charge please include your email on the form so we can coordinate locations for charging. We have several charging locations around campus so we will have to coordinate this in advance.

Thanks!
Arne

Lkes:
1. The ability to drive fast and fun, or to extend range.
2. Total Cost of Ownership; including low maintenance and low operating costs.
3. Nissan dealers who are helpful and willing to let me charge on their dime. I've used six of them and they've all been great.

Please improve:
1. Miles Remaining display - as others have said, make it an SOC display.
2. NAV, thinking specifically the "Can I get there" feature. It knows elevations and speed limits for the route I'm taking. It should take these into account when it calculates the "can I get there" feature.
3. Fan-only button. It's crazy that I have to play with A/C just to get fan-only.

Quick update--The link posted above is working well and, in the first 24 hours, already 81 people have RSVP'ed. It looks like we'll have about 65 LEAFs if everyone shows. Quite a few of respondents need charging, so check back ahead of the meeting for directions. Not everyone will be able charge right at the meeting site, however there will be a shuttle available to other Google facilities where charging stations are more plentiful.

gascant said:
Quick update--The link posted above is working well and, in the first 24 hours, already 81 people have RSVP'ed. It looks like we'll have about 65 LEAFs if everyone shows. Quite a few of respondents need charging, so check back ahead of the meeting for directions. Not everyone will be able charge right at the meeting site, however there will be a shuttle available to other Google facilities where charging stations are more plentiful.

Could you pls post the exact Google facility directions/addr to use in a GPS to get there? I recall it was a rather large facility and can be confusing.

Thanks!

mxp said:
Could you pls post the exact Google facility directions/addr to use in a GPS to get there? I recall it was a rather large facility and can be confusing.

Thanks!
The address is 1300 Crittenden Lane in Mountain View. It's off the main campus, about 1/2 mile away. Here is a map to the site:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=216866511384848661679.0004b0c706577a3499eb8&msa=0&ll=37.425125,-122.072101&spn=0.005044,0.009838" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gascant said:
mxp said:

Thanks!
The address is 1300 Crittenden Lane in Mountain View. It's off the main campus, about 1/2 mile away. Here is a map to the site:
http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid=216866511384848661679.0004b0c706577a3499eb8&msa=0&ll=37.425125,-122.072101&spn=0.005044,0.009838" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

gascant, what time does the meeting take place?

astrorob said:
gascant said:
mxp said:

Thanks!

The meeting runs from 1 - 5 PM.

Ingineer said:
Ok, the spreadsheet is now locked (frozen) and we will begin cleaning these items up for presentation to the Nissan team.

Thanks everyone for helping!

-Phil

Phil, thanks for the spreadsheet. The results seem to closely parallel the opinions expressed in various MNL forums, and will be presented at the Dec. 3 meeting in the session called "Suggested Improvements."

I will take the information and reformat into a database that reflects the H,M.L priorities. This data will be provided to Nissan at the meeting.

Phil, keep the mods and upgrades coming. You may need to make a new database for your good work.

-Kim

gascant said:
astrorob said:
gascant said:

The meeting runs from 1 - 5 PM.
Will the pizza be scheduled for the end of the meeting ?

tbleakne said:
Will the pizza be scheduled for the end of the meeting ?

The pizza is scheduled for consumption before the meeting, probably close to Noon. This will provide the long-distance LEAF drivers something to eat at the meeting site, rather than using electrons looking for food.

Here is the agenda for the upcoming meeting with the Nissan LEAF Engineering team:
1:00 PM Welcome/Introduction
1:15 Google EV Overview
1:30 Arrival of LEAF Engineering Team and Introductions
2:00 Nissan CVE Presentation
2:30 EVSE Modifications
2:50 State of Charge Meter
3:10 Break and Live Demonstration of LEAF modifications
3:55 Suggested Improvements
4:15 Discussion and Questions
4:55 Future Interactions
5:00 Adjourn

Pizza will be served (hopefully, outside) beginning around Noon--we will be requesting a donation to support this. (Beverages are still up in the air at this point.) Badge pickup for attendees that preregistered will also start at around Noon.

Please note that we have a very tight agenda. While it may seem that we have allocated a great deal of time to the break and discussions, this was done on purpose to allow flexibility in the rest of the program (e.g., our guests may ask questions at any point). We have already received many discussion topics from members and these have been forwarded to Nissan for their comments. As such, there will be very little opportunity for questions or comments from the audience during the program. Our major objectives are to learn how we can help Nissan sell more EVs and to provide concrete proposals for EV improvements. This will not be a public forum for stating (or complaining about) the obvious.

Many people have asked about charging at the meeting. Most all charging requests can be honored. Please see the presentation at the link, below, for information on same; most charging needs will be accommodated by L1 outlets (120V) on site, where 5 hours should be realized.
https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bxo8vWe-yr4tNmZmZWQ3YWMtZWNkOS00MjZkLWI1OGYtYTMwNzNhZWI4ZTgz" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
In order to secure a full L1 charge, we suggest arriving on site by Noon. Please bring an extension cord to cover all contingencies (including blocked spaces).

I realize that this meeting represents a deviation from our usual, free-flowing, open (and sometimes chaotic) format. Unfortunately, it is necessary in order to achieve our goals. Your cooperation will be greatly appreciated.

I'll be flying up on Southwest Airlines from SAN to SJC, and renting a car.

If anybody would like to join me, my itinerary is:

Saturday, December 3, 2011
10:05 AM San Diego, CA (SAN) to
11:25 AM San Jose, CA (SJC)
Flight #1388
8:20 PM San Jose, CA (SJC) to
9:50 PM San Diego, CA (SAN)
Flight #1032

I'm renting a mid size car to drive to the Google palace.

TonyWilliams said:
Very cool !! Looking forward to meeting you. We appreciate the effort of the SoCal LEAF owners to support this meeting.

gascant said:
TonyWilliams said:
Very cool !! Looking forward to meeting you. We appreciate the effort of the SoCal LEAF owners to support this meeting.

Heck, you guys/gals are the best game in town so far. I am humbled by your organization and fortitude. I'm not sure what to bring up with me for "show and tell" !

Also, I don't think we're actually SoCal. Any time I've been up in the LA area and watched a weather channel, San Diego is non-existant in the "southland", as they refer to themselves up there. Ok, in return, I don't see a lot of LA area weather on our local TV channels!

Anyway, I'll be happy to represent the real southern California. :cool:

Back