Next San Diego EVent: Sat, Aug 9, 2014, CANCELLED

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^
Interesting re: the pink Model S. Was that a custom paint job or was it repainted? I don't even see that as a choice on Tesla's site. Not sure if it was available before...

It is one of three cars that were custom color from the factory. Tesla stopped the program because it was difficult to do custom colors. The three cars done from the factory will certainly be collectors cars. In particular this "pink" car the owner calls the BGC. I think it was a color from a mustang or something. Ill have to find the link on tesla club forum. Ill add it here once I find it.

cwerdna said:
^^^
Interesting re: the pink Model S. Was that a custom paint job or was it repainted? I don't even see that as a choice on Tesla's site. Not sure if it was available before...

There were three early cars that got custom paint. This car is Tesla serial number 29, and is 1967 Ford Mustang "Lavender". It does not get a Ford paint code, since it was a special order color then:

http://www.nvsaac.com/Details/1967_ford_mustang_paint_colors.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://mustangattitude.com/mustang/1967clrpaint.shtml" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Saturday, April 20, 2013, 8am-11am

Hamburger Factory restaurant
14122 Midland Road
Poway, CA 92064

Phone: 858-486-4575
http://hamburgerfactory.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.poway.org/Index.aspx?page=110" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

8am - 8:30am: Arrivals, please park in the lot directly across Midland street from the train depot.

8:30am - 11am: Breakfast in the back room reserved for us at Hamburger Factory restaurant.

After 11am: Lots of mulling around the cars that usually lasts through 12pm.

Nearby charging locations:

Brand new L2 charger, no card required at:

1.2 miles away:
Walgreens
13390 Poway Road
Poway, CA 92064

Three L2 chargers, no card required at:

1.7 miles away:
Mossy Nissan
14100 Poway Road
Poway, CA 92064

Tony

Makes me want to move to CA..but then, I've been saying that for the last 40 years!!

Maybe we can get something similar going here in the Chicago area!!

For LEAF Gatherings in the Chicago area, check:
http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewforum.php?f=48" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
There are at least a couple of threads.

You start a Gathering by announcing the location of
an appropriate place, and picking a date and time.

You go there, and see if anybody else shows up.
If nothing else, you get to check out the location.

Of course, getting some "I'll be there" responses
in the thread is always encouraging.

Tony, I could make it down, I think.

Easier if I could go to a north of San Diego
location, and leave my LEAF charging at L2
and ride on down with another person.
Then, have my car near full to make it back home.

But, leaving it charging at Mossy might work too.

I could meet for LEAF-frogging at 7 or 7:30.

garygid said:
Tony, I could make it down, I think.

Easier if I could go to a north of San Diego
location, and leave my LEAF charging at L2
and ride on down with another person.
Then, have my car near full to make it back home.

But, leaving it charging at Mossy might work too.

I could meet for LEAF-frogging at 7 or 7:30.

There are DC quick chargers in San Juan Cap (ChargePoint) and Escondido (Blink), in addition to numerous other options. My house is only a few miles from the site and you're welcome to leave your car there, too.

From 100% charge, you can make it all the way.

From Home, 69 miles, so with 92% GIDs (a full charge)
I could just make it, but I would need about 7 hours of
L2 to make it back home, going about 60 mph.

I will think about it.

Gary, it will be easy if you stop at San Juan and/or Escondido for a 10 min QC to top off, both getting here and going home as Tony suggested... Do you have a Chargepoint card with money on it?

San Juan is only 9 miles from home, so too close to do me any good.

The Blink in Escondido, is it reliable, or liable to be "blinked" or Iced?

No, just an old ChargePoint card with simply a free account.

According to PlugShare, the Escondido QC has been on the blink
since before 24 March, with parts on order, but no known date
when it is expected to be operational again.

But, thanks for the suggestions.

If I wasn't working that day I'd totally try to make it down. Maybe next time. :)

I've found in my experience the festivities last long enough that you'd be able to get a full L2 charge before leaving. ;)

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?p=281078#p281078" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

If some folks would like an OpenEVSE workshop on April 20, let me know.

garygid said:

I've lost faith in the S.J. Capistrano / Hotel QC. BOTH times I passed by (on the Easter Holiday weekend) recently, I was hoping to use it. The fine folks on the other end of the help line failed to bring it to life ... even though no fault indicators were on the QC screen ... even though the company website/map said it was working. So, not only do you loose 30 minutes getting jerked by the phone support ... you then have to go accross the street to us Nissan's L2. Pretty bad, when you can't get your line of business to generate a loyal customer who WANTS to use the product. Man ... I RELLY hope that dealership gets a Chademo.

hill said:
garygid said:

I've lost faith in the S.J. Capistrano / Hotel QC. BOTH times I passed by (on the Easter Holiday weekend) recently, I was hoping to use it. The fine folks on the other end of the help line failed to bring it to life ... even though no fault indicators were on the QC screen ... even though the company website/map said it was working. So, not only do you loose 30 minutes getting jerked by the phone support ... you then have to go accross the street to us Nissan's L2. Pretty bad, when you can't get your line of business to generate a loyal customer who WANTS to use the product. Man ... I RELLY hope that dealership gets a Chademo.

There is a knife switch on the wall behind the unit that you can use to power cycle it. Had to do that when I showed up last time.

hill said:

I'm sorry you had so much trouble. Obviously, if ChargePoint shows that it works remotely, there's not much they can do to fix whatever problem might be present. The same would be true of your LEAF; the telematics has limitations as to what it can identify remotely with your car.

Why not help us fix the source of your troubles? Please provide the times you called (from your phones call logs) and we can compare it to the charge log. Did the machine start at all? Did you even plug it in?

Honestly, if there's a problem with the unit and all remote indications say its fine, the ONLY way we would know of a problem is with your reports. That's true of any of the chargers, including one at the dealer across the street (who isn't getting one, I don't believe).

Tony, thanks for the offer of a ride from Vista.
I will try to be there before 7:30, and I don't mind waiting for you.

I will bring a GizmoV1, a CANary (roadkill model), and my GID-Meter.

I will also try to remember to bring what is needed to be able to
update the firmware in the SOC/GID-Meter to the F1.09 version,
which can now additionally display the "real SOC".

If you think of other things that I should bring, please let me know.
Thanks for your thoughtfulness.
Cheers, Gary

Back