New York here...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had a vin since Dec 10 -- I have no idea if it has changed, as I didn't not what it was, just noticed it was there.

I called my dealer today to see if he had any updates for me. He said he got an email recently that the cars will come by the end of January. Other than that, nothing to tell me. So, despite Nissan telling me that my car arrived in the US, my dealer hasn't yet been invoiced for the car (I guess), and, I still don't have a VIN! :(

Reading the comments on this thread is deva vu all over again from what we saw in Florida. FWIW I suggest stop watching the web site, the date it shows seems to be pretty much meaningless at this stage of the game. If it's anything like what we experienced here you will probably all have your cars within the next couple weeks or so.

Mine arrived at the dealer today...website said "week of Jan 13."

Have driven through and looked at it -- appt to close deal on Monday.

Layla said:
Mine arrived at the dealer today...website said "week of Jan 13."

Have driven through and looked at it -- appt to close deal on Monday.
Congrats! Keep us posted.

Have driven the car around the lot...financing is done...need to wait 'till this weekend to pick up. (My conflicts, not dealer's fault.)

My LEAF will be the first one delivered by dealer -- apparently the change in date was because they had an earlier order in white, and white has been delayed, but there were extra reds, so since I had an order in for a red one I got bumped to the front of the line!

My Honda/Toyota/Mazda mechanic has already asked me to bring it by for him to play, and my dad is chomping at the bit as well.

Layla said:
Have driven the car around the lot...financing is done...need to wait 'till this weekend to pick up. (My conflicts, not dealer's fault.)

My LEAF will be the first one delivered by dealer -- apparently the change in date was because they had an earlier order in white, and white has been delayed, but there were extra reds, so since I had an order in for a red one I got bumped to the front of the line!
And I purposely avoided ordering red or blue because they said those would be delayed. Good old Nissan Corporate and their communications.

Well, my estimated delivery just changed from "Week of January 24" to "Week of January 19" with no real ship arrivals anytime recently that I'm aware of. Hmmm. I guess it's time to contact the dealer.

Well this is interesting: After the last possible ship to deliver Leafs left Newark about a week ago, I waited a day then checked with my dealer as to whether he could tell where my Leaf was and when he would get it. His answer was that there was no information available when he checked. Around the same time my estimated delivery slipped to four days later - Week of January 24. I concluded my Leaf would be on a later ship.

After my estimated delivery changed to the 19th this morning, I did a live chat with Nissan Customer Support. They say my Leaf is definitely no longer on a ship and should be arriving at the dealer today or tomorrow, although they could not provide any other detail, like ship, port, ground transportation company, etc.

In the meantime, I haven't heard a peep from my dealer, who, otherwise has seemed to be on top of things.

So, now I'm thinking mine did arrive on the Elegant Ace and I'm hoping to hear from my dealer very soon. I'll call him tomorrow if I haven't heard from him by then.

Wish me luck!

relytgerg said:
Just heard from the dealer. It's here. I will probably pick it up Friday or this weekend.
Congratulations! I am so ready to get that call myself; probably another couple weeks or so.

Recieved our Brilliant Silver 2012 Nissan Leaf SL Tuesday (1/17) in upstate NY. Love it! My dashboard date had been 1/20, changed to 1/24 a week or two ago, and then I received the call from the dealer this past Monday (1/16). A pleasant surprise! :D

Picking up my Leaf this afternoon, Exactly 21 months after making the original reservation and exactly 114 days after placing the order. They just barely made their 90 - 120 day predicted window. Temperatures will be in the teens, but the roads should be clear and mostly dry.

Picked up my Blue SV on Wednesday the 18th...

Reserved my slot 4/21/10
Ordered 10/1/11
Carwings and Vin 11/16/11
I installed Schneider charging station Thanksgiving week.
Dashboard Due dates were 1/5/12, then 12/29/11, then 1/2/12, 1/5/12/ and 1/12/12..
Car arrived at Dealers 1/9/12 missing SD card..
SD card arrived 1/18/12.
Car in my garage 1/18/12 :D

Decided I've waited long enough to assure a delivery date in April or later. Ordered 1/21/2011, red SL, MSRP. Now just sitting back to wait for delivery. No delivery date anxiety here!
Dealer (Nemith) experience was OK. It's their first Leaf order, but they are all ready. Two outside L2 chargers, Two inside in the bays that are all setup, mechanics have had the training. Looks like orders are moving very slowly in this area, but most people around here don't buy cars in the winter. They just get crappy with snow and salt. The new car sales lot was completely full.

@charlie1300 - I'm picking up my red SL today. Since I'm in the Capital DIstrict as well, I'll keep an eye out for your red SL in the spring. I don't think that more than a handful have been sold in the area so far...

@charlie1300 and @Layla --

Congrats on the Capital District red LEAFs (present and future)!

I'm over in Berkshire county (Lee, MA) and hope to be charging my blue LEAF SL (MA plate LEAFY) in the NY Capital District soon. So far range is a bit less than I had hoped so it may be spring (a bit warmer) before I brave the trip to the Chargepoint charging station at the Holiday Inn Express in downtown Albany.

But I was so hoping for a weekend day at the State Museum and ice skating on Empire State Plaza, we'll see. We are steadily getting our miles/kWh rate up as we learn how to drive it so it may happen sooner.

Back