New Survey Out (Online Research Panel)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
StrangerTides said:
What's the heck is up with this question:
...what is currently keeping you from having a home assessment done?
Are they serious? There's no choice for "You are! Nissan hasn't told me I can schedule an assessment yet!" :? Am I missing something here?
Interesting ... that question was NOT in my survey ... MEANING !!! they are "customized" ??! I have an assessment scheduled, but not until end of Sep, but already ordered the car 8/31.

evnow said:
Merged.

I mentioned this site when they ask about where you get your range info from .... hint hint ;)

Yes, I did put this forum also under "other" as to where I get my information. I also checked "other" about why I had not had an assessment yet. I said "I want one! Etec just has not contacted me yet to get it done!"

StrangerTides said:
What's the heck is up with this question:
...what is currently keeping you from having a home assessment done?
Are they serious? There's no choice for "You are! Nissan hasn't told me I can schedule an assessment yet!" :? Am I missing something here?

I thought the same thing since I'm in CT and can't order until next fall. Expecting to do a home assessment in the summer or skipping and getting my own EVSE from Leviton.

I completed the survey this evening. I also mentioned this forum.

I've had the home assessment and it didn't ask me that question, therefore, I wasn't able to submit any free text info.

So yes, it appears to be customized per our dashboard status.

I selected label B.

It could have been a lot simpler -

Yes or No: Did you read the updated range information on the Nissan Leaf website?

I don't quite understand the reason behind the survey. Some possibilities:

Nissan wants to know if they are setting expectations correctly (I doubt it as the updated range information was not much real news.)

Nissan wants to know why no one is ordering the Leaf (maybe we hadn't really researched the car and now that we know in great detail about the range limitations, the orders aren't flowing as expected)

If orders are not materializing, Nissan is trying to decide if it is because of the range.

If orders are not materializing, Nissan is trying to decide if it is because of the range because they are considering making some type of technology change to increase the range. :eek:

Because the ordering website is so messed up, Nissan marketing has time of their hands with nothing else to do.

OK - seriously. What was the reason for the survey? The last feedback session resulted in a (change in the) decision for the battery warranty. What action item could possible some out of this survey? (Let's discount the sticker questions for now).

Boomer23 said:
I completed the survey this evening. I also mentioned this forum.

I've had the home assessment and it didn't ask me that question, therefore, I wasn't able to submit any free text info.

So yes, it appears to be customized per our dashboard status.

I selected label B.
I think one of the first questions is about where you are in the order process. If you select the response stating that you had ordered, I think it just skips the question about home assessment (i.e., it assumes it was completed). I haven't had an assessment yet, but it has been scheduled. I have already ordered, so I think that is the reason I wasn't asked about why the assessment was not done.

BruinLEAFer said:
I think one of the first questions is about where you are in the order process. If you select the response stating that you had ordered, I think it just skips the question about home assessment (i.e., it assumes it was completed).
EXCELLENT Catch ! I should have caught that :oops:

LakeLeaf said:
OK - seriously. What was the reason for the survey? The last feedback session resulted in a (change in the) decision for the battery warranty. What action item could possible some out of this survey? (Let's discount the sticker questions for now).
Now that you mention it, maybe the purpose was to see if the website was doing a good job of communicating information. If so, perhaps I shouldn't have admitted I saw all that range data on the website. It's true that I did see it there, but not until after I'd seen it several other places (mostly at mynissonleaf and places pointed to by it).

Though, on the other hand, knowing how these contracts work, there's no real chance that Nissan will fire the incompetent company building the website; they might just force the company to rebuild it if they conclude it is too much of a stinker. And the last thing we need right now is a hurried rebuild, with lots of unscheduled down time and a whole new bug infestation.

I just completed the survey.

It appears its primary purpose is to translate reservations into orders.

Maybe a lower percentage than expected of those given RAQ ability are proceeding with their orders.

In my progress toward ordering, with no intention of dealing with an AV assessment, I could only select "paid $99 Reservation".

Actually, I am READY to order, but got a next page on what is holding up my decision to proceed with getting an AV assessment. Again, there was not a clear "Assessments are Outrageous" and "I want a movable, plug-in EVSE" or even "I will use the L1 EVSE for now" or enen a "I do not intend to get an AV assessment, and I am ready to order".

Poorly thought out alternatives did not cover all the possibilities.

Perhaps that is what happens when you let an artist, rather than a geek, do the logical design?

Last night when before I went to bed I had checked my e-mail...no survey... this morning there it was sent last night at 11:00pm. They seemed to want to know what was keeping me from ordering. Which I replied I am waiting for the e-mail from YOU Nissan to send it to me and I will order the car. However as I was filling out the page that asks how long are you willing to wait. I basically answered, the longer it took (6+months) to place an order the less likely I would place that order. Do you think they are trying to delay the car?

They also asked where I got alot of my information on the car? ;)
Maybe a very informative website?!

I thought it was how long AFTER ordering to get the car before you cancel your ORDER.

If you would wait 6 months after ORDERING to get delivery, they can continue to take orders. But, if you are only willing to wait 3 months, then they have to DELAY more ordering until production can "catch up" to the 3-month order backlog!

I also said my source was MyNissanLeaf.com forum.

garygid said:
Actually, I am READY to order, but got a next page on what is holding up my decision to proceed with getting an AV assessment.

Is that what is holding up your order ?

Perhaps that is what happens when you let an artist, rather than a geek, do the logical design?

In this case I'd bot blame CM. Clearly this is dictated by somone in marketing/MR.

Like most of us, I have NO IDEA what is holding up my being able to order.

Is it just "not my day" yet, even though I reserved early on 20 April, ... or is ANOTHER program BUG?

MaryC said:
However as I was filling out the page that asks how long are you willing to wait. I basically answered, the longer it took (6+months) to place an order the less likely I would place that order. Do you think they are trying to delay the car?

That's interesting - my survey missed that entirely because I selected the "already ordered" button. When combined with the battery range information questions - I wonder if they are thinking about delaying the car in order to increase the range. Or if they are thinking about delaying for anyone who hasn't ordered yet (in order to increase range?)

If given the choice between December delivery at 100 mile range and June delivery at 200 mile range - as much as I hate to say it, I'd have to take the later. The range of the car around here is a major issue because of all of the traveling I do over the pass to Carson City. Right now I don't think that car can get to Carson and back (it depends on how good the regeneration going downhill is), so I would certainly take a delay to get more range. That would move the car from being usable 50% of the time to more like 80% of the time.

Whatever the deal is - I hope that the initial deliveries are not different cars from the mid-year deliveries - and if they are, I hope that Nissan brings the early deliveries up to spec. Hopefully we'll know if there is anything going on like this well before delivery.

Back