New recall? P5327 for electronic brake boost in cold temps.

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I may just bite the bullet and do it then. The grabby brakes are annoying, even though I finally learned the trick is to completely remove foot from brake and reapply. It gets confused by coasting with gentle pressure for too long.

When I got my update, the mechanic also had a download issue. The facilitator when I turned my car in mentioned something about the biggest delay was getting the file. Do the mechanics download a file for each car in the recall? That does not seem very efficient. While the potential for updates exists, I would think downloading one time and storing files would smooth the process.

I got this done last week and had no change in any stats at all. AHr and Hx were identical.

Regen feels a little stronger but not much, could even be in my mind. D mode feels close to the same, maybe more regen but definitely not less like I was hoping.

I'm going in tomorrow for the fix. I had noticed that my brakes all of sudden got real sensitive. Any light braking made the car jerk forward. I will update once I have it done.

As for the eco mode I rarely use it.

Just had P5327 applied to my 2015. This fix also goes by the name NTB15-089. I use D-mode on the interstate and B-mode when off the interstate and my daily commute uses a lot of each so I have a good feel for each mode. (not Eco mode)

After the fix it seems to me that D-mode doesn't have hardly any regen. Applying the brakes engages the hydraulic brakes first and just a slight regen braking after that. Noticeably less than before. I think I prefer D mode the way it was before the fix, where pedal braking used more regen.

B-mode seems about the same. If it has any less regen then it's hardly noticeable. That's a big relief. I love driving in B-mode in the nasty city traffic.

I haven't noticed grabby brakes so I probably should have declined the fix. I get suspicious of software updates on cars after being burned by Honda Civic hybrid updates that they kept doing, to try to get the batteries to last till the warrantee ran out.

Back