New Leaf owner

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adder70

Well, I'm one of the ones who thought electric cars were a long way from prime time. Now, here I am an early(ish) adopter. It does help that Uncle Sam and Aunt Georgia are giving me so much help with the cost, though! :)

Just took delivery last night and made it to work with plenty of juice left over. I have a silver SV with premium and LED packages (even a commuter car has to have the toys if I'm going to drive it! :) )

I look forward to the forums with debates about how electric cars will take the next step (IMHO, with standardized modular batteries and replacement stations in place of or alongside gas stations.) as well as those with advice for getting the most out of the experience (preheating, charge optimization, etc.).

I'm an energy engineer so I'm used to exploring fuel costs as well as actual vs. advertised efficiency, and the GA tax credit coupled with relatively inexpensive electricity here make the 2-year lease a great deal. Also, since we use primarily natural gas with some hydro here in the Atlanta 'burbs (and maybe a little nuke from Savannah River?), it's an overall reduction in energy use as well.

Corey
(signature coming soon)

Welcome! I'm neither an energy engineer nor did I stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. But I can tell you that it's kind of fun passing gas stations and looking at the sad faces as they drain their wallets. :cool: Like you mentioned, the current incentives offered make it quite the bargain. It was that reason that helped prompt me to go with some of the goodies in my car as well. Personally, I often teeter back and forth between "do I want to play the hypermilling game and see how many miles/kwh I can get?" or "do I just want to enjoy the car for what it is and enjoy the instant torque it has?" I often do both. One trip will be hypermilling, another just regular driving.

Hi, Corey!
I picked up my Leaf last night, too! Today was my maiden voyage and I had the most fun I've ever had driving to work. I let my husband drive it home from the dealership last night.
I am so excited to have this car. Although our driving habits do not necessitate the need for an electric car, I really wanted to "participate" in this new technology.
Incidentally, I am also located in Georgia (work in Atlanta, live in Decatur).
I hope you have fun with your car!
Tracy

I think I'll switch between hypermiling and normal/aggressive driving even during the same trip. I did make a full tree on a 14 mile trip this morning and start on the second. Eventually I'll find time to even know what that means! :)

I gather you can make 2 or 3 trees in a single "tank" with good efficient driving. It's fun also to watch the miles remaining from from 88 to 85 and back up to 87 because you had to use the nice torque to merge into 55 mph traffic but then got back to normal driving.

tracyc said:
I let my husband drive it home from the dealership last night.
Incidentally, I am also located in Georgia (work in Atlanta, live in Decatur).
I hope you have fun with your car!
Tracy
My wife was going to drive it home, but it got late so she took the kids home in our Odyssey.
My commute is from Marietta (east Cobb, so almost Roswell) to Alpharetta.
I'm sure I'll have a blast with it! :)
Corey

Hope to see you Leaf newbies at the National Plug In day event this Staurday afternoon at Atlantic Station or at the monthly EV Club of the South meetings on the third Wednesday of each month at Manuel's.

evclubsouth.org

Thanks for the info about Saturday's gathering at Atlantic Station. I have registered and look forward to stopping by. I'll be in the red Leaf with the drive out temporary tag!

Picked up my red S up yesterday also and I'm loving it. Nissan nailed the design. 2 year lease.

The car drives exceptionally well. Far exceeded my expectations, brilliant.

My brother picked his up 6 days ago in Nashville with over 800 charging stations, second only to Seattle in the US. Nissan's plant is in the Nashville region which 'splains it. He has not charged once at home. Like me, he will be adding the Bosch 240v home charger and take advantage of the $1,000 tax credit.

Glad to see so many new LEAF owners/lessees in the Atlanta metro area!

I am in Marietta also, have had my LEAF since 10/10/13 and I LOVE it! Mine is a red SV with the QC pkg added.

One interesting thing I have noticed: driving the LEAF has changed my driving habits! I drive more slowly now, probably to the frustration of those behind me. It is so amazing to have feedback on how I am driving right there on the dashboard!

I attended a meeting of the EV Club of the South last week and already learned something useful! Lots of really welcoming and knowledgeable folks.

Also attended Plug-in Day at Atlantic Station. That's what really got me moving to make the commitment to lease the LEAF. There is nothing like being able to talk at length to a lot of people who actually own the car.

Very happy with the LEAF so far!!!!!

Hello fellow Mariettans,

I just picked up my Silver Leaf S on 10/20, and am thoroughly enjoying my commute to Cartersville each day.

I believe I passed one or both of you on Johnson Ferry Rd yesterday at about 5:30ish (There can't be that many red Leafs in East Cobb). The funny thing was, I wasn't even in mine because after owning it for less than a week, my wife has already started hijacking it and taking it to work herself.

I hope to see y'all around.

adder70 said:
... Also, since we use primarily natural gas with some hydro here in the Atlanta 'burbs (and maybe a little nuke from Savannah River?), it's an overall reduction in energy use as well.

You can find out your local mix here:

http://www.epa.gov/cleanenergy/energy-and-you/how-clean.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Enjoy the ride

One more Leaf just joined the north ATL burbs. My commute is Roswell to Midtown. Let's see how that goes.

leaf_8.jpg

Got my Leaf last week. First of all let me say thanks to all you early adopters who made it possible for me to pay a reasonable price now. I'm usually not the type of guy who buys a new car, but with the tax break and a charger at work (less than 15 miles commute), it would have been crazy NOT to buy a Leaf.

I actually wanted to buy the Volt, which would have provided a round-trip to work in one charge as well. But the DC area Chevy dealers (Ourisman) turned me off with their bait/switch "you don't qualify for this rebate" BS and pressure sales tactics. Then I test drove the Leaf, and thought it handles much better. The Nissan people also seemed much more honest during the process (I literally walked away from the Volt before signing).

I think I have not been as excited about a new car since I got my very first car, it feels like I finally enter a new generation of tech.

Now I'm eager to learn all about this new toy, since I'm an electronic geek and technophile :)

Great to be here.

Back