New Jersey lease deal. is this good?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

oceanspray

Finally decided to go with a leaf. Went to a local dealer and got some numbers. I'm looking for at least an S with charging package or SV. Here is what I got, but turned down as I think it can be better, please advice.

For the 2013 S with Charging package with 12k miles for 39months and taking my last 2 payments on my current lease ($219+$219) for $225 per month with $2,000 down. All the fees are in the price already.

Or
For the SV same details as above for $250 with 2k down.

He also said he has SL that he can give me for $297 with 2k down and same terms above.

Here are my questions:

1. Can I get a better deal? I offered them $225 with 2k down for the SV and they turned it down. They went as far as checking the buyout on my current lease, but had to turn it down.

2. Can I get a better deal in NY (I'm very close and have no problem going there) does anyone know a good dealer next to northern NJ or NY area that I can go to or a salesman that already gave a great deal? That you can recommend?

3. Is the 24 month lease better at this point or not?

4. What is the $287 evse upgrade that people on this forum are talking about?

I would appreciate the help, in advance apologize if I ommitted any info, I'm new to the forum.

oceanspray said:
Finally decided to go with a leaf. Went to a local dealer and got some numbers. I'm looking for at least an S with charging package or SV. Here is what I got, but turned down as I think it can be better, please advice.

For the 2013 S with Charging package with 12k miles for 39months and taking my last 2 payments on my current lease ($219+$219) for $225 per month with $2,000 down. All the fees are in the price already.

Or

He also said he has SL that he can give me for $297 with 2k down and same terms above.

Here are my questions:

1. Can I get a better deal? I offered them $225 with 2k down for the SV and they turned it down. They went as far as checking the buyout on my current lease, but had to turn it down.

2. Can I get a better deal in NY (I'm very close and have no problem going there) does anyone know a good dealer next to northern NJ or NY area that I can go to or a salesman that already gave a great deal? That you can recommend?

I would appreciate the help, in advance apologize if I ommitted any info, I'm new to the forum.
While I am far from an authority they sound like those are very competitive deals for a 24 month lease.
I would opt for the 24 month lease because those are the best terms being offered at this time. I too could use some schooling on that upgrade.

oceanspray said:

Or

Here are my questions:

Check page 21 of the 2013 Nissan Leaf Information thread, I think that is the page. There is a good chart there that gives the spreads of pricing based on whether you qualify for VPP or loyalty or pay full MSRP. I'm trying to get as close to VPP on an SL.

NJ is sweet in that no tax so that helps.

On your questions:

Seems like based on the chart you are being a little agressive but the lease numbers in the buyout complicate things. I'd try and figure out the all in out of pocket price (up front, lease payments, disposition fee, tax, title) and get that negotiated, then try and factor in the lease buyout numbers.

I don't think NY works for you. I don't believe NY will offer you the no tax on purchase option that NJ offers. Plus I've seen nightmare stories based on cross state line lease purchases that involve taxes and title/registration, which make things further complicated. Plus I'm not certain NY vs NJ would really offer a price differential.

Everything I've seen on this forum says 24 is better than 36 pricing wise. It doesn't make sense logically, but that is the deal. Likely because they get the benefit of the 7.5k fed credit and that gets applied over 2 years not 3.
Lots of info on other forums. Basicly there is a guy who for $287, will have you send him your charging cord that comes with the car and plugs into a regular outlet - which takes about 16 hours from dead to full charge - and upgrades it to a cord that will plug into a special outlet, that you get an electrician to install but is similar to a dryer 240 outlet - which will charge your car to full in about 8 hours. There is a lot more than that including the ability for them to send you a cord directly in advance of your sending them your cord, of some upgrades to the cord which charge even faster, and plugs that let you still charge on a regular 110 outlet, but that is the nut of it.

Bottom line on NJ - I get the sense that they are just starting to arrive at the dealerships. Given the demand is still a little weak right now, my guess is deals will only be getting better over the next few months. But I think the deals are pretty good right now, looking at a SL for about 8k all in for a 2 year, 12k lease, and will likely pull trigger rather than wait longer to save maybe $500 bucks.

Your "$2k down" is this capital reduction, in which case you have another $1500 in tax title fee nonsense, or is this all said and done $2k total and that's that?

Back