New free eTEC charger survey?? (ECOtality for SF Bay Area)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DeaneG said:
jason98 said:
Here is my story:
March 10th: Got a call from EV-Project that a contractor going to call within next week.
March 30th: Currrent status - Still waiting for a call from a contractor...

Anyone from Bay Area experiencing same delays?
Yes - call the Blink Network, tell them you already have your car and would like an escalation (trouble ticket) to get an EVSE installed. It worked for me - the contractor called the next evening at 9pm and a few days later, I had the EVSE with a remarkably fast and pretty clean installation.
So I tried to get an escalation today as my vehicle was delivered last week. The rep told me that they could not keep up with the deliveries in the bay area. Other than telling me to wait, there is not much they could do.

Just browsed to the San Jose Building department. The link near the bottom of the page gives the permit requirement for an EVSE in San Jose

http://www.sanjoseca.gov/building/Electric.asp

jason98 said:
Here is my story:

Feb 9th: Received e-mail "you could qualify to receive a Blink™"
Feb 26th: Submitted EV-Project survey from Nissan dashboard
March 1st: Accepted to EV-Project and e-signed the application
March 7th: Got my Leaf delivered.
March 10th: Got a call from EV-Project that a contractor going to call within next week.
March 30th: Currrent status - Still waiting for a call from a contractor...

Anyone from Bay Area experiencing same delays?

Update: After having several phone calls with A1 Electrical since my original post they finally scheduled and installed the charger.

Apr 7th: Got Blink Installed.
Apr 8th: Contacted Nissan regarding $700 reimbursement of the QC port. Per Nissan CSR, it will take 30 days to process.

greenleaf said:
After calling both Blink and Nissan last week, my EVSE was installed this morning.

+1
Funny thing is My DB is still "your application for a complimentary eTec home charging unit and installation** is pending." :)

ht2 said:
+1
Funny thing is My DB is still "your application for a complimentary eTec home charging unit and installation** is pending." :)

Even better is that I "don't meet the criteria" according to the DB, and I've had mine for a week... ;)

Jay

Those of you that are in the SF Bay area eTec program and have leased a Leaf SL but not a Leaf SL-e, what is the process involved in getting the capital cost of the Leaf adjusted so that you are not paying lease charges on the $700 that the quick charge port costs?

Is Nissan sending the dealer a check for $700 prior to delivery for the appropriate capital reduction, or are you fronting the $700 and Nissan reimbursing you? Seems to me that having the lease include the capital cost of the quick charge port, and then Nissan reimbursing you $700 is a great way to make about $400 over the life of the lease. Thoughts?

Update: Finally got my permit for the A-1 install of Blink that happened almost a month back. The city inspector came today and got it all signed of without much fuss. Now hopefully my Leaf will be here next week.

Found this summary about Ecotality:

http://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20110415005420/en/ECOtality-Announces-60-Increase-Revenue-2010-Fiscal

The company is doing well. For the SF Bay Area - "ECOtality wins San Francisco Bay Area for Blink deployment: The Company was awarded a $2.87 million
contract from the Bay Area Air Quality Management District to install 1,050 Blink Home Chargers and 20 Blink DC Fast Chargers throughout the San Francisco Bay Area." The article doesn't say when all these Blink Chargers will be installed but it did state"...is on track to install approximately 14,000 chargers by the end of 2011 to support the launch of 8,300 EVs." I wonder when they plan to ramp up the installations?

Now the pressure needs to be put on shopping malls like Westfield to install chargers in their parking lots. It would seem logical that a partnership between ECOtality, the DOE, and the malls would be a no-brainer.

Back