New free eTEC charger survey?? (ECOtality for SF Bay Area)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mxp

I am in East Bay, SF Bay Area. (Northern California). Basically, last year, I would not have qualified for the free eTEC charger...

I ordered SL in November 29, 2010 @ 9pm.
Estimated Delivery for the first time shows: month of April, 2011.

Something very interesting showed up on my dashboard:
Home Assessment TAB: "You may qualify for an eTEC charger". There is a survey I need to take....
(This option never appeared for me in the past)

Previously, prior to ordering, I called into Nissan and declined the AV installation, and clicked thru the "Waiver" before I even started the order processs.

What should I do now?? Is there a way to respond to the eTEC questions so that I could receive the free charger??
Was this all to do with the recent renewal of the ECOtality program to allow Bay Area residents?

Quote:
ECOtality Wins $2.87M in Bay Area Contracts, Expands The EV Project to the San Francisco Bay Area

"Through a $2.2 million award from the Air District, ECOtality will provide an EVSE Home Charger Rebate Program to install 1,500 Blink Home Chargers at Bay Area residences, out of the total 2,750 home chargers that will be installed throughout the program."

You just said there is an option for the survey so where is the issue? You said you did the waiver before but now there is a survey option, correct? Do you have a screen shot?

EVDRIVER said:
You just said there is an option for the survey so where is the issue? You said you did the waiver before but now there is a survey option, correct? Do you have a screen shot?

Just like greenleaf's pic. And my pic is posted here on my Flickr:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/43375161@N00/5428976471/

greenleaf said:
I happen to notice it today too. Here is a screenshot:

greenleaf, how are you planning to respond to the survey? I suppose getting the free eTEC charger will depend on how your respond to the questions right??

Also, any advice from other eTEC free qualified owners are appreciated!! Thanks!!

For those of us that have received the car, I just got done chatting with Nissan. According to Nissan, there is no way to get in the EV Project once the car has been delivered. :( I guess the next best thing is to still try to get the $700 rebate from BAAQMD.

Ready2plugin said:
For those of us that have received the car, I just got done chatting with Nissan. According to Nissan, there is no way to get in the EV Project once the car has been delivered. :( I guess the next best thing is to still try to get the $700 rebate from BAAQMD.
Agrees with what EV Project told me. Volt or Leaf, you have to get in before Delivery.

I am thinking of responding to the survey.

Anyway, my guess is that this survey will only appear if you have the AV waiver in place. If you already have an EVSE installed or Leaf delivered, you probably will not get it.

I am one of those who intend to use L1 for a while until the L2 EVSE come down to $200 ~ $300.

Well hopefully I will get the Survey too. Nothing on my dashboard yet. May be they are just updating. Does anyone have the screen shot of various questions in survey?

Also can Norther Cali folks get in both ECOTality and BAAQD rebate? curious

I have a March 2011 delivery month and the survey showed up for me as well.
I have a cash-and-carry EVSE installed, but I went ahead and did the survey anyway, since (according to my dealer) my leaf has not been built yet.

greenleaf said:
I am thinking of responding to the survey.

Anyway, my guess is that this survey will only appear if you have the AV waiver in place. If you already have an EVSE installed or Leaf delivered, you probably will not get it.

I am one of those who intend to use L1 for a while until the L2 EVSE come down to $200 ~ $300.

DaveinOlyWA said:
oh cant apply after delivery? oh bummer...oh well

Big Bummer. If only I waited one day to do my RAQ, would have saved a bundle. I even talked my boss into buying a LEAF, now he will save more the $2700 compared to to me once you add up the install, charging dock and free QC port. At least he had to change his color from Red, to white, since I got it first :) .

GroundLoop said:
Ready2plugin said:
Agrees with what EV Project told me. Volt or Leaf, you have to get in before Delivery.
This is not exactly what I have heard from Mark Perry, Director Product Planning Nissan America's. I am still waiting for him to follow up but this is what he wrote in his initial email.
Bay area LEAF owners will benefit from more public Level II chargers and more DC Fast chargers supported by funding from BAAQMD, Fed's and hosts. Plus we were able to successfully negotiate with BAAQMD to retro-actively extend their incentive for home chargers to cover installs from December 1, 2010.
I also just singed into my dashboard and the survey was activated and I just filled it out even though I have already taken delivery of my Leaf.

If you had an AV assessment or added your waiver after the order you won't get the link:(

EVDRIVER said:
If you had an AV assessment or added your waiver after the order you won't get the link:(

Any chance they will fix this? Why would those of us who paid the $100 bucks to AV or did the waiver in order to get the "cash and carry" be left out?

Back