New free eTEC charger survey?? (ECOtality for SF Bay Area)

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ready2plugin said:
I can no longer sign into my Dashboard, so I'm hoping that is a good sign that they maybe updating my account for the ECOtality program. One can dream can't they :?: .

Dashboard back up...as expected, no change :roll: .

Spies said:
csriram45 said:
This price is awesome compared to the AV one I suppose. I will keep that discussion to the other forum though.
You mean free right? ;) Last time I checked the cash and carry price for the AV unit was $721.12 plus $49.95 shipping. ElectricVehicle mentioned the Blink one is $1195 and no mention of shipping. That is still a difference of $473.88 not including shipping and tax. Perhaps the extra features on the Blink are worth it?

No, I mean even for those who are not in EVProject the $1195 price is quite good. Yes AV is $721.12 but I believe the BLINK is well made compared to AV and has other features. With the federal credit upto 30% the delta becomes even less.

I am surprised there is no discussion about the Blink Unit for this price in the EVSE section as I would rather discuss there and not take this thread off topic.

I took spoke to Jesse and he apologized for the mail and mentioned wait for Dashboard update and things will be taken from there. Lets see what turns up.

As far as delaying my car to get the L3 and free EVSE, I wouldn't take that chance. Even with a 9/3 order date I am now bit concerned with all the April delivery dates for people who ordered as late as Jan 2011. I would rather get my $5k rebate over $700 + $700 savings.

Did anyone in San Francisco, Brisbane, South San Francisco, San Bruno, Millbrae, or Pacifica receive the email?
Nissan said Daly City is excluded!

csriram45 said:
As far as delaying my car to get the L3 and free EVSE, I wouldn't take that chance. Even with a 9/3 order date I am now bit concerned with all the April delivery dates for people who ordered as late as Jan 2011. I would rather get my $5k rebate over $700 + $700 savings.
I don't really disagree, but I decided to roll the dice. It's all fairly low-risk to me, at least emotionally, because I'm totally ready to walk away from the Leaf if things don't go completely right for me. If I miss the $5k rebate, I won't buy the car. I might not buy the car anyway. It's right on the edge of my comfort zone, financially. So, if I get a free charger out of this roll of the dice, great. That will increase the chances I buy the Leaf. If this ends up costing me $700, that may be the last straw and I'll decide that I'd rather save the whole ~$24k and keep driving my MINI for a few more years.

I save money either way. :lol:

(But I really hope this works out.)

EVDRIVER said:
SF- Got the email but no survey.
Meaning what? The email said to call and ask for the survey. Did you call, and they said no? Or is it just that it hasn't shown up in your dashboard yet? I did call, and it hasn't shown up yet for me, but they said 24 to 48 hours and it's been less than 24.

Ray

EVDRIVER said:
SF- Got the email but no survey.
EV, you said you got "the email." Who was it from? I assume when you say "no survey," you're referring to the eTec survey in the Home Assessment tab of your Nissan dashboard. I ask this because I got the survey without doing anything to request it, but never received any email.

Just wonder if everybody is being treated the same, or if ZIP codes or AV waivers or other variables are being used to drive things.

Thanks,

Glenn

Glenn said:
Just wonder if everybody is being treated the same, or if ZIP codes or AV waivers or other variables are being used to drive things.

Thanks,

Glenn

Seems there is a lot of disconnect between the different organizations. I got the email yesterday from Nissan, but the survey tab is still not enabled. I know someone from the same city as mine, different zip code, got the survey couple of days ago.

I have done the AV assessment and the quote was high. I called Nissan and requested for the waiver, which they said they have given me, but it won't reflect on the website since my assessment is already complete.

Not sure whether we can have poll for those who have their survey enabled in SF Bay area and what criteria's they met. New requirement: Multi-dimensional poll :D

DaveNagy said:
csriram45 said:
I don't really disagree, but I decided to roll the dice. It's all fairly low-risk to me, at least emotionally, because I'm totally ready to walk away from the Leaf if things don't go completely right for me. If I miss the $5k rebate, I won't buy the car. I might not buy the car anyway. It's right on the edge of my comfort zone, financially. So, if I get a free charger out of this roll of the dice, great. That will increase the chances I buy the Leaf. If this ends up costing me $700, that may be the last straw and I'll decide that I'd rather save the whole ~$24k and keep driving my MINI for a few more years.

I save money either way. :lol:

(But I really hope this works out.)

Remember you can no longer request the rebate before picking up. What if there are funds available when you pick up but by the time they can issue u a cheque they run out. In such a scenario you can not walk away. Just a thought.

The abrupt and rather useless message:

"you don't meet the criteria for the free eTec home charger"

just appeared in my dashboard. Ok fine, why? I'd like to validate that they rejected me for the right reasons, and make darn sure the AV assessment didn't mess things up.

ElectricVehicle said:

just appeared in my dashboard. Ok fine, why? I'd like to validate that they rejected me for the right reasons, and make darn sure the AV assessment didn't mess things up.

What is your zip code?

mine still says "eTec application pending" ...
ElectricVehicle said:

So Nissan Chat tells me the list of ZIP codes is not available and the selection criteria are "proprietary" to ECOTotality. I find it very odd that something sponsored by public funds, for the public good, to promote EVs on the road operates behind the cloak or proprietary secrecy.

I had already phoned my qualifying information in to the call Nissan 1-877 NO GAS EV (664-2738) line and also submitted on the EV Project http://www.theevproject.com/ page. It's possible that's why I never saw the survey in my dashboard because I already submitted through the other channels.

Time for another spreadsheet to track people in and out of the program to make sure they are rejecting for legitimate reasons and not some crazy status about our EVSE install from working with Aerovironment. Since they also take your work ZIP Code, maybe they are using some commuting distance metric. That may make that data very important and if you're a contractor or consultant the work ZIP Code can change often.

I'm in ZIP code 95120, so maybe the 95120 ZIP Code isn't in the program?

I got the survey info yesterday, called Nissan today (also sent email to Nissan chat yesterday with response today after completing the survey) and request to fill out survey showed up in my dashboard today which I promptly filled. This went a lot faster than I expected.

I don't have the survey and I know as a fact that my zip qualifies since my two neighbors both go the survey the other day. The ONLY difference in the order is that I have March and they have April deliveries and they did the waiver before the order and I had an AV assessment before my order and a waiver put on after the order. All cars are L3.

My dashboard now says "you don't meet the criteria for the free eTec home charger" Well, that is complete BS and here's why. I had a friend with a reservation change his address to my house on his order, as soon as he did his dashboard changed and the survey came up. He has April delivery and I have March. I'm going to bet they disqualified people that had earlier orders (need to confirm with other march order folks) or the assessment reason since he had a waiver pre-order. I'm really tired of Nissan lip service because they can't get their data right.

EVDRIVER said:
I don't have the survey and I know as a fact that my zip qualifies since my two neighbors both go the survey the other day. The ONLY difference in the order is that I have March and they have April deliveries and they did the waiver before the order and I had an AV assessment before my order and a waiver put on after the order. All cars are L3.
I had the AV assessment and qualified for the EVP about two months after I ordered. I didn't waive the AV until January (actually, Nissan waived it for me) The AV/EVP EVSE conflict was screwing up something about my delivery since I had qualified for the EVProject but hadn't waived the AV. I was days from delivery before a Nissan CS contacted me about the need to waive AV.
Nissan<->EVProject; not a well oiled machine. I suggest you call / email the NorCal EVProject rep. I did that down here and it unstuck the logjam.

Back