New England Leafs?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To confuse everyone still waiting (and I sympathaize greatly) --I got the "Your Nissan LEAF™ is scheduled to arrive at your local dealer soon" email two days AFTER it arrived at the dealership.

RSZ978 said:
Update, Leaf arrived at dealer ( Westborough ) this Friday and exp. delivery still shows week of the 17th.
Congrats!
What are the last 5 digits of your VIN? Looks like the guy in Lee MA has the first VIN # in MA.

Vin 16933 Cayenne red SL; floor and cargo mats
protection package
organization package
eco-design package
splash guards

RSZ978 said:
Vin 16933 Cayenne red SL; floor and cargo mats
protection package
organization package
eco-design package
splash guards

Looks like you have the lowest VIN in MA on this forum

My delivery date has been updated at least six times now, started with week of "week of January 9th", it's now up to "week of January 24th".

Does not matter to me, as I've decided this Leaf is not for me, going to stick with my 2010 Prius model 5 until larger capacity packs are availble, 2013/2014 240 mile Tesla Model S could work.. I no longer feel the need to be an early adopter on this, I have enough arrows in my back already. I'd actually be downgrading to sell/trade in my Prius for a 70 highway mile range Leaf.

If anyone is interested, its a Red Cayenne SL, only options are the floor mats and wheel locks, the dealer is Clay Nissan in Norwood, MA if you want to try and make a deal. You'll probably have to wait until I refuse it (whenever it finally shows up)

My delivery date has changed the same as Mitch's from week of 1/9 to week of 1/24 (so far) Nissan is really dropping the ball when it comes to delivery dates.

I've been watching this forum for a long time. I reserved my place April 25, 2010 and found this forum later that summer. None of the dates you folks are relaying looks any different than the information the west coast folks relayed when they were ordering and waiting. They all finally got their LEAFs and all say it was worth the wait.

I would be ordering but my financial situation would not allow me to make the payments once I got my car. When my house sells I will be in better condition for a LEAF purchase.

I know it is frustrating to have one date and have it shuffled around like this, but once your car is here you will be happy. Maybe it is a lot like giving birth? :)

JimM, it's not about the wait for me any longer, I placed my $99 deposit on 4/20/2010 (first day it was possible). No, at this point i've had nearly 2 years of forum reading, of hearing about the actual real world range of the Leaf in cold weather, about issues with the climate control reducing the range even further. I've decided it's just not for me, until larger packs are availble. I don't need another vehicle, and the Leaf'a not a good 1 car solution for me. I'm fine with my 2010 Prius for now, and when the Tesla Model S starts shipping the 160 and 240 miles models, I'll take a look at those, I expect that will be nearly 2 years from now (despite what Tesla sais publicly)

In the end, the Leaf just isn't going to work for me, it's taken a while to see that, had Nissan been able to deliver sooner, I would have discovered this for myself, but thanks to the real early adopters on the west coast, I don't need to find this out first hand any longer.

Mitch, sorry to hear you will be canceling but I completely understand and respect your decision. Good luck with the Prius.

mitch672 said:
JimM, it's not about the wait for me any longer, I placed my $99 deposit on 4/20/2010 (first day it was possible). No, at this point i've had nearly 2 years of forum reading, of hearing about the actual real world range of the Leaf in cold weather, about issues with the climate control reducing the range even further. I've decided it's just not for me, until larger packs are availble. I don't need another vehicle, and the Leaf'a not a good 1 car solution for me. I'm fine with my 2010 Prius for now, and when the Tesla Model S starts shipping the 160 and 240 miles models, I'll take a look at those, I expect that will be nearly 2 years from now (despite what Tesla sais publicly)

In the end, the Leaf just isn't going to work for me, it's taken a while to see that, had Nissan been able to deliver sooner, I would have discovered this for myself, but thanks to the real early adopters on the west coast, I don't need to find this out first hand any longer.

Understood. I didn't know you also have been on this forum for a long time. I respect your decision, I just thought I would point out stuff that I now know you already were aware of. :D

While answering my lengthy questions about leasing, my dealer said he'd delivered his first car. I'm really going to have to start watching for leafs in NH now!

We just picked up our LEAF in Western Massachusetts Saturday. And our ICE second car (van) broke down on the way home from the dealership so we are unwittingly a one-car LEAF family temporarily...I wouldn't recommend it in our area at this point.

Additionally, Sunday didn't crack 10 degrees and this morning was a negative 6 degree commute. Not so good for our range anxiety, but I have to assume it can only get better...it doesn't get THIS cold too often.

Feeling more like a hardcore EV-supporter early adopter than I expected. And a bit crazier for jumping in. It'll subside...I hope.

listless said:
We just picked up our LEAF in Western Massachusetts Saturday. And our ICE second car (van) broke down on the way home from the dealership so we are unwittingly a one-car LEAF family temporarily...I wouldn't recommend it in our area at this point.

Additionally, Sunday didn't crack 10 degrees and this morning was a negative 6 degree commute. Not so good for our range anxiety, but I have to assume it can only get better...it doesn't get THIS cold too often.

Feeling more like a hardcore EV-supporter early adopter than I expected. And a bit crazier for jumping in. It'll subside...I hope.

Congrats listless. Keep us updated on your experience. You charging to 80 or 100 %?

ghabel --

We are charging to 100% at this point. Once we get more comfortable with understanding real-world range for our specific circumstances, we'll move to 80% on days where we know we are safe.

I'm thinking when we are up in temps a bit we can charge to 80% and get away with 2 days commute (22 miles round trip with some up and down hills) between charging without fear.

It's those unexpected changes in plans that are more worrisome when you live in a more rural area and things are more spread apart.

Listless - I have a 34 mile round trip so it should be interesting playing with the charge % to see what works.
Mostly flat for me.
This waiting game is killin me!

I just signed up for a chargepoint card http://www.mychargepoint.net/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . There are about 50 chargepoint locations in MA. Most offer free charging (except for Clark Universite in Worcester - they want $3.50 per hour!!!). 43 are in Boston, 3 in Worcester, then others scattered about. Free to join. If you want the keyring swipe card they are $4.50 each. I ordered 2. I registered without a balance so I can only use the free ones.
I visited a chargepoint station in Hopkington, MA just off of 495. Looks like it is installed but not running yet. This is a 240v station as most are.
I also registered my home charging station on http://www.plugshare.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. I see many Nissan dealerships registered on plugshare.

Back