New 2013, sad battery???

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
smkettner said:
Computerizer said:
Just before the car hit VLBW, it said I had about 8 miles left on the GOM. But Leaf Spy says I have 1.5 miles to reserve (which I assume is turtle?). So it is a little confusing.
Seems odd. I usually get LBW about 8 miles and VLBW as GOM goes less than 3 miles to "---". (2011 model year)

Remember this thread is about 2013 Leafs. The earlier Leafs GOM and programming is considerably different than the 2013. The only things that are about the same is the total range from 100% to turtle (though not 100% to LBW or VLBW) and that turtle occurs immediately when the lowest cell voltage hits 3.00 volts.

Computerizer said:
In total, I went 68.2 miles at 3.2 mi/kWh, so I have a usable 21.3 kWh. I believe this corresponds to how much should be usable, so perhaps the problem is just that the battery is calibrated wrong or something... ?

Very interesting. From my earlier tests I had concluded that the mi/kWh on '13 is exaggerated compared to '11 (by as much as 1) - and when used to calculate useable capacity gives a low of something like 17kWh. There is a thread here somewhere on that. I'll have to check again.

evnow said:
From my earlier tests I had concluded that the mi/kWh on '13 is exaggerated compared to '11 (by as much as 1)

I had my 2012 for over a year and my wife's 2013 for over 6 months -- their mi/kWh were within reasonable comparison when not using the heater.

Back