NASHVILLE TENNESSEE - LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nissan CS may be full of crap, but they have repeatedly told me that mine is in route to long beach. Norfolk is closer yes, but the marine traffic would either have to go all the way to south america and hit the Panama Canal and back up to Virginia, or go the other way around, which is way longer, and to through the Suez Canal. Neither of these routes make much sense when you can just put freight on a train the get it across the country to a point where is can be unloaded and placed on trucks to deliver to their final destinations. I just don't really see Nissan going through all that trouble to get a ship to Norfolk, however, that doesn't mean that they aren't. Just my opinion based on what I've heard from Nissan CS as well as my old Navy experience.

jwallace3 said:
Nissan CS may be full of crap, but they have repeatedly told me that mine is in route to long beach. Norfolk is closer yes, but the marine traffic would either have to go all the way to south america and hit the Panama Canal and back up to Virginia, or go the other way around, which is way longer, and to through the Suez Canal. Neither of these routes make much sense when you can just put freight on a train the get it across the country to a point where is can be unloaded and placed on trucks to deliver to their final destinations. I just don't really see Nissan going through all that trouble to get a ship to Norfolk, however, that doesn't mean that they aren't. Just my opinion based on what I've heard from Nissan CS as well as my old Navy experience.

It makes sense to me too! I think you have the right info. IMHO :D

So earlier this morning (9amCST) my est delivery date was week of July 29. And after checking tonight, as of 11pm CST, my est is week of August 01. So a week change, but still no email. It puts me in line with those with VINs closer to mine that have week of August 4 (which is the same week :lol:)

The United Spirit was at port today... Coinsidence? I don't know, but I do know my car will have to sit at the dealer for an extra week if the est is correct because I'll be out of town!

Just got a call to schedule the installation of my Blink for the Ecotality project. Scheduled for this Friday, so we'll see what happens!

jwallace3 said:
...I just don't really see Nissan going through all that trouble to get a ship to Norfolk, however, that doesn't mean that they aren't. Just my opinion based on what I've heard from Nissan CS as well as my old Navy experience.
Well, they ARE shipping cars to Britain, so maybe it's not so far-fetched to send some to an east coast port.

Got the call from my Nissan dealer last Friday evening, July 8, my new Leaf came in and I pick it up tomorrow, Tuesday, July 12th at Carlock Nissan of Jackson. Went to dealer today to check it out and they were putting the finishing touches on the cleanup and check out list. Basically 14 months from reservation date to pick-up date. Hard to believe it took that long and perhaps harder to believe that it is finally here. No way to navigate the trip from Jackson to Nashville until the infrastructure is in place with some charging stations along I-40. Keep me informed of your Nashville Leaf get-togethers. Will try to make one in the near future.
Leggedo

Leggedo said:
Got the call from my Nissan dealer last Friday evening, July 8, my new Leaf came in and I pick it up tomorrow, Tuesday, July 12th at Carlock Nissan of Jackson. Went to dealer today to check it out and they were putting the finishing touches on the cleanup and check out list. Basically 14 months from reservation date to pick-up date. Hard to believe it took that long and perhaps harder to believe that it is finally here. No way to navigate the trip from Jackson to Nashville until the infrastructure is in place with some charging stations along I-40. Keep me informed of your Nashville Leaf get-togethers. Will try to make one in the near future.
Leggedo

Congrats! Hopefully your delivery went smoothly today. Let us know how the transaction went and how you're liking the car. By chance if you find out, can you post the "final assembly" location? I've heard Norfolk and know of most coming into port of LA.

Again, big congrats! I see Newton Nissan has one VIN 4734, not anyone on the spreadsheet. It's another SL-e, hoping mine isn't too far behind!

davewill said:
jwallace3 said:
...I just don't really see Nissan going through all that trouble to get a ship to Norfolk, however, that doesn't mean that they aren't. Just my opinion based on what I've heard from Nissan CS as well as my old Navy experience.
Well, they ARE shipping cars to Britain, so maybe it's not so far-fetched to send some to an east coast port.

This is very true. I forgot about the UK. So it could be that some of the Leafs are brought in on the East coast. I do know that mine came in at Port Long Beach so maybe its luck of the draw which way they come in.

TNleaf said:
Leggedo said:
Leggedo

Congrats! Hopefully your delivery went smoothly today. Let us know how the transaction went and how you're liking the car. By chance if you find out, can you post the "final assembly" location? I've heard Norfolk and know of most coming into port of LA.

Again, big congrats! I see Newton Nissan has one VIN 4734, not anyone on the spreadsheet. It's another SL-e, hoping mine isn't too far behind!

The one at Newton Nissan is already gone as of this morning (maybe sold already?) I did look at Dobbs Nissan in Memphis, and they currently have 2 VINs 5724 and 6422. I gotta stop, haha, I know when I finally get the call from Newton Nissan I'll have a huge grin on my face :mrgreen:

Picked up my new Leaf at Carlock Nissan of Jackson yesterday Vin 4806. Port of Final Assembly on my Leaf was Jacksonville, Fl. Excellent pick-up and orientation process with Rich, the EV contact at Carlock Nissan. Did my first home charge last night on my Blink EVSE. Cost to charge at my kWH rate was $0.79. Vehicle is wonderful and well worth the 14 month wait from date of my reservation and 7 months from my order date.

Leggedo said:
Picked up my new Leaf at Carlock Nissan of Jackson yesterday Vin 4806. Port of Final Assembly on my Leaf was Jacksonville, Fl. Excellent pick-up and orientation process with Rich, the EV contact at Carlock Nissan. Did my first home charge last night on my Blink EVSE. Cost to charge at my kWH rate was $0.79. Vehicle is wonderful and well worth the 14 month wait from date of my reservation and 7 months from my order date.

That's awesome! Congrats! Thanks for the port info. So I guess it is just luck of the draw which way they come in to us. Nissan CS said Long Beach, but they suck. I've been told for the last week that mine is in the US and on its way to my dealer and today I was told it's on a ship on it's way to the US as we speak. Really?

Leggedo said:

Awesome. Thank you for posting the port of final assembly. Gives us more information going forward.

At first when I read "$0.79" kWH rate, my jaw dropped, thinking you meant 79 cents per kWH (double Hawaii rates!). It's probably best to write it as ¢7.9 or $0.079... but I eventually caught on!

TNleaf said:
Cost to charge at my kWH rate was $0.79. It's probably best to write it as ¢7.9 or $0.079... but I eventually caught on!

Actually, his wording is 100% correct. Maybe you should reread his sentence again: "Cost to charge at my kWH rate was $0.79." Your 7.9 and .079 is incorrect as it isn't the same as 79 cents.

LEAFfan said:
TNleaf said:
Cost to charge at my kWH rate was $0.79. It's probably best to write it as ¢7.9 or $0.079... but I eventually caught on!

Actually, his wording is 100% correct. Maybe you should reread his sentence again: "Cost to charge at my kWH rate was $0.79." Your 7.9 and .079 is incorrect as it isn't the same as 79 cents.

Yeh I considered that too. But without a total distance driven or kWH used, the figure held no value, so I assumed he was stating his kWH rate, and we all know what assuming does. :?

Anyways, you're probably right, even though as I stated, without a reference of how much energy was used or a distance the value is moot. (he could have drive 2 miles and it cost 79cents to recharge the energy expended... Or charged 1kWH and it cost 79cents, etc)

Well I got a DB estimated delivery date update. Went from Aug 4 to Aug 5. Back one whole day, but I guess any change shows progress.....Hopefully! Blink install scheduled for next week.

jwallace3 said:
Well I got a DB estimated delivery date update. Went from Aug 4 to Aug 5. Back one whole day, but I guess any change shows progress.....Hopefully! Blink install scheduled for next week.

Yeh mine was pushed back 3 whole days :lol: but as you said, some update at least shows progress! The contractors are here as I type this installing my Blink. We went over where I would like to have it installed and everything. Maybe I'll post pictures once it gets done.

TNleaf said:
jwallace3 said:

Yeh mine was pushed back 3 whole days :lol: but as you said, some update at least shows progress! The contractors are here as I type this installing my Blink. We went over where I would like to have it installed and everything. Maybe I'll post pictures once it gets done.

That's great! I'd like to see what the unit looks like.

jwallace3 said:
TNleaf said:
jwallace3 said:

That's great! I'd like to see what the unit looks like.

http://www.pluginamerica.org/accessories/ecotality-blink-evse
there's a link to pictures of the unit. Looks pretty slick to me.

Leggedo said:
Window sticker from my Leaf, VIN 2026, which I took delivery of May 17th is also Jacksonville. Transport method from Jacksonville was by truck.
Prior to delivery everything I had read on MNL and been told by customer service said they were all going to the west coast.
But that's not the case. Some going to Jacksonville, and some going to Newport.

Install took a little over 2 hours, and the contractors were very professional and did a great job making sure they installed it where I wanted and so that it would be easily accessible.

Here's the new install.
Ready to charge... I wish I had my car to test it out!
This is where I'll be charging LEAF. I plan on charging overnights, so I'll feed the connector and cord through a sealed and lockable pet door installed on my garage door so I can keep my garage closed at night.
This is what it looks like with my non-EV in the garage. The glow is from the color-touchscreen. I went ahead and configured it to turn off after 1minute of not being touched.

It surprisingly didn't take up much space in my garage at all. As I said, the contractors were very professional and helped figure out where the best place to install it would be. I like that it doesn't stick out very far or get in the way of anything. Also, I read on here that some people had problems connecting to their Wi-fi. It worked like a charm. I had my PW and network name ready, and it connected on the first try. Now I just need a car to try out! C'mon August!

If any Nashville/Middle TN LEAFers plan on being in the LaVergne area and need to stop by for a charge, send me a private message and I'd let you be the first to try out my unit (other than the Car-in-a-box).

Back