NASHVILLE TENNESSEE - LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I spoke to Justin (we finally met face to face!) this weekend at Newton Nissan, and we talked about the Leaf a bit more. He's sold 7 LEAFs now, and said he's supposed to receive 7-9 more this month. Hopefully one of them is mine!

I did ask him about what the DoM meant, whether it was DoM in Japan or finally assembly in port of LA. Justin believes the DoM given is when it comes off the assembly line in Japan. So, if that is true, myself and a few others that were told our cars were already at the port in the US were given incorrect information from Nissan CS. Either way, it's still speculation, and since assuming things is never a good thing, I've dropped the whole trying to find out where my car is. Only thing I care is that my Leaf is making some type of progress to get here by the end of July, and if not, sooner!

On the EVSE location questions... the best answer is to use multiple resources. I have 2 apps on my phone, Plugshare and Recargo. You can visit their website and see all of the locations too (so you don't NEED the app). But as jwallace pointed out, there aren't too many chargers in Nashville yet.

jwallace3 said:
TNleaf....your idea of checking the local VIN listings gave me an idea. To see if our vehicles came on the WS this weekend I checked Los Angeles Nissan dealerships to see what VINs they had listed. Here is the link to Costa Mesa Nissan and they have several 5000 and 6000 series VINs listed:

http://www.connellnissan.com/new-in...&SBmodel=LEAF&SBbodystyle=clear&SBprice=clear

Haha nice. I literally did that this morning. I googled nissan dealer CA and searched inventories for LEAFs. The highest VIN I saw was in the 5400 range, but you found the good one, 6000 range VINs... this is a good thing for our LEAFs!

TNleaf said:
jwallace3 said:
TNleaf....your idea of checking the local VIN listings gave me an idea. To see if our vehicles came on the WS this weekend I checked Los Angeles Nissan dealerships to see what VINs they had listed. Here is the link to Costa Mesa Nissan and they have several 5000 and 6000 series VINs listed:

http://www.connellnissan.com/new-in...&SBmodel=LEAF&SBbodystyle=clear&SBprice=clear

Haha nice. I literally did that this morning. I googled nissan dealer CA and searched inventories for LEAFs. The highest VIN I saw was in the 5400 range, but you found the good one, 6000 range VINs... this is a good thing for our LEAFs!

Yeah. I was really supprised to see one in the 6400 range. That was the only one I found with that high of VINs. Most like you said were in the 5300-5400 range so they probably just got invoiced those vehicles since they are stock photos for the higher VINs. Nissan CS told me this morning that ship was still en route to LB, but would be there soon. Hopefully only 3-4 more weeks of waiting.

jwallace3 said:
Yeah. I was really supprised to see one in the 6400 range. That was the only one I found with that high of VINs. Most like you said were in the 5300-5400 range so they probably just got invoiced those vehicles since they are stock photos for the higher VINs. Nissan CS told me this morning that ship was still en route to LB, but would be there soon. Hopefully only 3-4 more weeks of waiting.

When did you talk to Nissan CS? The World Spirit landed at the port of LA very late on July 3rd and left this morning. It only took a day to unload it's cargo across from Nissan Way.

Again, I wouldn't put too much faith in what Nissan CS tells you, as I had them tell me it was already in the US one day, and the next that it was still on the ship. Hopefully your LEAF will get here before August 4th.

Edit-- I just had to do a double take at the CA dealer you linked above, I must have not noticed them before or more LEAFs have been added, but there are several 6000 range LEAFs with one 6485. Wow!

I chatted with CS this morning about 9 am central. The WS was already on it's way back early this morning. If we see an update soon we can probably safely say that they are on US soil now. I got the same answer as you initially when I received my VIN. Was told it was in port in the US, next day it's on a boat.

jwallace3 said:

Looks like they've got 4 more invoiced, all of them 6300 and up VIN range. I haven't seen any other dealers list any, which leads me to believe that this dealer puts them up sooner than most other dealers. Still, anyone else in Nashville heard any updates on their Leaf?

jwallace3 said:
Wow. That Costa Mesa dealership has 17 Leafs listed now with VINs up into the 6700s!

Haha, we must have been looking at the same time (notice our post times of my previous post)!

TNleaf said:
jwallace3 said:

Looks like they've got 4 more invoiced, all of them 6300 and up VIN range. I haven't seen any other dealers list any, which leads me to believe that this dealer puts them up sooner than most other dealers. Still, anyone else in Nashville heard any updates on their Leaf?

That is funny. I haven't heard anything else about mine. Nissan CS says the same thing. In transit to Long Beach. Will be in port SOON. I looked at the typical lead times of the ships and the United Spirit is looking like it will be pulling into LB today which would be on par with previous dockings. Sooooo, if ours are in fact on the US we should be getting some form of an update by Monday I would think. The only thing that makes me think they might not be on there is that I was told my vehicle shipped on the 23rd and the US left the Oppama area on the 18th. So not really sure, but my vehicle had a DOM of the 16th so it's possible.

TNleaf said:
ralphmc said:
U' all -

Downtown Nashville Nissan called yesterday: ... your car is here...

WOW so I arranged for pickup tomorrow, so I could get a few minor things like finances settled.

Well today I did manage to go by there and pick up the beautiful read 2011 Nissan Leaf the whole process took
2 hours and I was off to my work. Due to sometime constrains I had to take the interstate, and managed to put 58 miles on the car, arriving at work with still 35 miles remaining, was able to grow one tree still even though I was going more than speed limit and AC set to 77F outside 90F.

This car is awesome, and worth the entire wait, we are now in a new era of car history looking into a greener future!

Awesome! Congrats on the car. Seeing your VIN makes me happy, it shouldn't be too long before mine arrives.

Quite a few Nashviller's are getting their cars it seems. Perhaps a Nashville meetup is in order? (or at least gauge interest)

Where would you guys like to meet?
and when?

I would like to suggest the "new" Whole Foods Market in Franklin, TN they have to GE 240V chargers and "green" labled parking lots, and a super store Manager. :)

Ralph

ralphmc said:
TNleaf said:
Awesome! Congrats on the car. Seeing your VIN makes me happy, it shouldn't be too long before mine arrives.

Quite a few Nashviller's are getting their cars it seems. Perhaps a Nashville meetup is in order? (or at least gauge interest)

and when?

I would like to suggest the "new" Whole Foods Market in Franklin, TN they have to GE 240V chargers and "green" labled parking lots, and a super store Manager. :)

Ralph

That'd be a great place to meet. Although, it'd have to be sometime in August (or after I take delivery of my LEAF). And just down the road from the Nissan HQ!

TNleaf said:
ralphmc said:
TNleaf said:

and when?

Ralph

That'd be a great place to meet. Although, it'd have to be sometime in August (or after I take delivery of my LEAF). And just down the road from the Nissan HQ!

Actually I can offer you a ride if you close to Nissan HQ - I work near the Mariot Hotel down the road, and could meet you there, so we can meet all the other LEAFers at Whole Foods out here.

PM me -

Ralph

That would work for me as well. I have a little further drive to get there, but I'll check it out to see if it's doable once I get mine.

On a side note, the United Spirit is docking in Long Beach!!!

jwallace3 said:
That would work for me as well. I have a little further drive to get there, but I'll check it out to see if it's doable once I get mine.

FYI LEAFs bound for TN would not dock in Long Beach.

Amped4LEAF said:
jwallace3 said:

Really? I though all LEAFs were coming from Japan-> Port of LA. If not, where are they coming from and what source do you have?

Edit- I guess I'm guilty of using port of LA and LB interchangeably even though I have only been looking at LA. Others may be guilty of this as well. Otherwise, please enlighten us.

Amped4LEAF said:
jwallace3 said:

So far everyone's leaf on here who did have their tracked came in at LB. Nissan CS tells me every day that mine is in transit to port Long Beach and now the United Spirit is here. It just makes sense that all of us waiting here with late July/Early August delivery dates have our Leafs on the US in Long Beach. Where else would it come from? It just takes a train ride across the country just like everything else that comes from China/Japan.

Chattanooga here.

The window sticker for my LEAF says "Final Assembly Point--Norfolk." "Transport method--truck."

Now 760 miles on the car--and loving it!

Steve

stevedj98 said:
Chattanooga here.

The window sticker for my LEAF says "Final Assembly Point--Norfolk." "Transport method--truck."

Now 760 miles on the car--and loving it!

Steve

Okay. So port of entry is Norfolk? And us East Coasters have to be watching boats coming to Norfolk then, right?

Just curious. I can't order until next year according to the last report.

Back