NASHVILLE TENNESSEE - LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Leggedo said:
I am asking these questions because in reading the thread on this on the forum, there seems to be alot of confusion and many different opinions around the warranty plans that Nissan is offering on the Leaf.

Its pretty clear, make sure you only get the official Nissan extended warranty and not some 3rd party warranty that the dealer is selling. The best one is the 100k miles 96 months Gold Preferred plan (just like the original warranty, covers everything except wear items) for as low as $1100 ..You can get it from any dealer and you can wait 3 years to get it, but they will charge you a $75 plus an inspection if you wait that long, note some dealers will charge you a LOT more than $1100 for that plan, shop around, you dont have to buy local either :

http://www.mynissanleaf.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3426&start=30

posted by electricfuture Sun May 29, 2011

O.K. Here is the "Official" Nissan Leaf Service+Plus "Gold Preferred" Extended Warrantee Plan; http://nissansantarosaservicecontracts. ... rranty.pdf

Here is the break down for the different plan levels: http://nissansantarosaservicecontracts. ... preferred/

I chose the most expensive one (page 2): LEAF Gold Preferred 96 Month 100,000 Mile Coverage ($1,106.00)

Here is my quote from Nissan Santa Rosa - it took 2 minutes to receive it by email. Note that the warrantee is Nissan's and as such can be used at ANY authorized Nissan Service center. In fact there is a phone number in the brochure to call if the dealership refuses to recognize it.:

LEAF Gold Preferred 36 Month 45,000 Mile Coverage: $280.00
LEAF Gold Preferred 39 Month 49,000 Mile Coverage: $295.00
LEAF Gold Preferred 42 Month 53,000 Mile Coverage: $325.00
LEAF Gold Preferred 48 Month 48,000 Mile Coverage: $328.00
LEAF Gold Preferred 36 Month 60,000 Mile Coverage: $359.00
LEAF Gold Preferred 48 Month 60,000 Mile Coverage: $534.00
LEAF Gold Preferred 60 Month 60,000 Mile Coverage: $557.00
LEAF Gold Preferred 60 Month 75,000 Mile Coverage: $576.00
LEAF Gold Preferred 72 Month 75,000 Mile Coverage: $693.00
LEAF Gold Preferred 60 Month 100,000 Mile Coverage: $736.00
LEAF Gold Preferred 84 Month 70,000 Mile Coverage: $803.00
LEAF Gold Preferred 72 Month 100,000 Mile Coverage: $810.00
LEAF Gold Preferred 84 Month 100,000 Mile Coverage: $1,057.00
LEAF Gold Preferred 96 Month 100,000 Mile Coverage: $1,106.00

Regarding EVSE's between Nashville and Chattanooga, here's the news item from last December announcing Cracker Barrel restaurants participating with "The EV Project" at 24 locations along Tennessee interstates. I have no word on whether any have yet to be installed:

http://translogic.aolautos.com/2010/12/16/cracker-barrel-restaurants-installing-ev-chargers/

LeafFan and Herm, I appreciate your responses concerning my question regarding extended warranties on the Leaf. Will see how that subject plays out at my dealer when I receive my Leaf in July.

LeafFan, how are you liking your new Leaf? Getting use to driving and charging it?

Leggedo

So I logged into the DB on a whim (well... like everyday) and didn't expect to see anything different, but today Enable Carwings is enabled! My estimate date hasn't changed, but any progress is good progress right?

TNleaf said:
So I logged into the DB on a whim (well... like everyday) and didn't expect to see anything different, but today Enable Carwings is enabled! My estimate date hasn't changed, but any progress is good progress right?

@TNLeaf - That's awesome. I would say any progress or change is good. If carwings is enabled then you should be getting a VIN soon I would think and if that is so then you could be taking delivery in late July timeframe! I logged in to check mine, but I had no such luck.

jwallace3 said:
TNleaf said:

@TNLeaf - That's awesome. I would say any progress or change is good. If carwings is enabled then you should be getting a VIN soon I would think and if that is so then you could be taking delivery in late July timeframe! I logged in to check mine, but I had no such luck.

So I logged into CarWings (since I've read that once you do this you can see your VIN) and I got a VIN of 5818.

Not sure what this all means... hopping it means August will change to July :D

TNleaf said:
jwallace3 said:
TNleaf said:

So I logged into CarWings (since I've read that once you do this you can see your VIN) and I got a VIN of 5818.

Not sure what this all means... hopping it means August will change to July :D

Awesome! It's good to see a March order get a VIN finally. Hopefully I'm not too far behind you!

Herm said:
Here is my quote from Nissan Santa Rosa...

Wow, you found some great prices. I asked our F&I Manager, Rob King, if we could match that quote. Here's the deal: these prices are below our cost, but we'd like to gain your business down the road. Rob said he'll match that quote plus give an extra $25 off if you get a warranty before the end of the month (June 30th). I know some of you haven't received your Leaf yet, so you'll need to preorder your warranty. You'll just have to call us back with your VIN number when you receive it.

If you have any questions, you can call Rob (note: today is his birthday if you want to sing to him) or Bruce (today is NOT his bday, lol but you can still sing to him). Our number here is 615-451-6827.

Hope i'm being of some help here :)

So, being OCD and checking every time I pickup my phone or have the browser open on my computer, I've gotten another update on my DB (but still no emails). "week of July 29, 2011" as of right now... I almost gasped when I saw that!

Super excited right now. :D

With my luck, however, I'll get a call from Justin the first week of August telling me that my car is ready for pickup... I'll be at the beach in Florida :lol:

Jwallace, have you seen any changes to your DB yet?

TNleaf said:
So, being OCD and checking every time I pickup my phone or have the browser open on my computer, I've gotten another update on my DB (but still no emails). "week of July 29, 2011" as of right now... I almost gasped when I saw that!

Super excited right now. :D

With my luck, however, I'll get a call from Justin the first week of August telling me that my car is ready for pickup... I'll be at the beach in Florida :lol:

Jwallace, have you seen any changes to your DB yet?

Unfortunately NO! Every morning first thing I check my DB with still no changes. Hearing yours change made me think that mine couldn't be too far behind. Hopefully mine will update in the next week. What day did you actually order on? The spread sheet says 3/16. I didn't get to order until 3/29 so I'm roughly 2 weeks behind you.

jwallace3 said:
Unfortunately NO! Every morning first thing I check my DB with still no changes. Hearing yours change made me think that mine couldn't be too far behind. Hopefully mine will update in the next week. What day did you actually order on? The spread sheet says 3/16. I didn't get to order until 3/29 so I'm roughly 2 weeks behind you.

Hmm, the spreadsheet must have not been updated in the last week or so. I got the email that my order was accepted 3/27 (which is reflected in my signature). I've updated my entry through the form, but it won't reflect changes until the form gets updated.
You should be pretty close behind. A funny thing is that the dashboard opens to the "Own: congratulations on your LEAF purchase" section, making it sound like I've already bought it!

Good luck, and I hope you get some updates soon.

That means I ordered only 2 days after you! Ahh, now my OCD is going to kick in and I'll be checking my DB at least every hour hoping for a change.

jwallace3 said:
That means I ordered only 2 days after you! Ahh, now my OCD is going to kick in and I'll be checking my DB at least every hour hoping for a change.

:lol: I'm sorry! Is it bad that even though I got those updates, I'm still logging into the DB every time I think about it? :oops:

Edit- update. Talked to Nissan CS and asked if they could pull up information about my Leaf. Gave Jennifer my VIN and she told me that my car is currently on a ship set for delivery. I asked if she could find out the name of the ship (it worth a shot) but she didn't have that information.

TNleaf said:
jwallace3 said:

:lol: I'm sorry! Is it bad that even though I got those updates, I'm still logging into the DB every time I think about it? :oops:

Edit- update. Talked to Nissan CS and asked if they could pull up information about my Leaf. Gave Jennifer my VIN and she told me that my car is currently on a ship set for delivery. I asked if she could find out the name of the ship (it worth a shot) but she didn't have that information.

That's awesome!! Still no update for me. Same old stuff as usual. :(

Woowhoo! Enable carwings available this morning VIN 6014! Hope its on the boat on the way here! Still no delivery update as of yet. I suspect that will be first thing tomorrow morning.

Holy crap. My vehicle is already in port in the US! I figured it was leaving or just left port in Japan. I'm hoping my delivery date updates to sooner than later. Still showing August to the Nissan CS reps, I don't see how it can take 6 weeks to get out of port and to Nashville, but hey I may happen.

Jacalyn: Thank you for contacting Nissan LEAF Customer Support, my name is Jacalyn. How may I help you today Jack?
Jack Wallace: Hi. I opened my DashBoard today and I am able to enable carwings. My delivery date hasn't updated and was wondering if I gave you the VIN if you could possibly see where my Leaf is at
Jacalyn: Sure, I can check on it for you. What is the vin?
Jack Wallace: 6014
Jacalyn: Let me check on it, it may take a minute or two
Jack Wallace: ok thanks!
Jacalyn: Ok, your vehicle is in port and once it goes through all the port processes it will be released for shipment to your dealer. The estimated date is in early August.
Jack Wallace: It's already in the US?
Jacalyn: Yes it is
Jack Wallace: Wow...Ok I assumed that it was probably just leaving Japan. Month of August is what my dashboard still says. Does yours give a week?
Jacalyn: no it still indicates just August
Jack Wallace: Awesome. Well I hope that updates to an earlier date in July since the vehicle is already here in the US. Thanks for the info.
Jacalyn: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Jack Wallace: that will be it. Thanks
End Session

jwallace3 said:
Holy crap. My vehicle is already in port in the US! I figured it was leaving or just left port in Japan. I'm hoping my delivery date updates to sooner than later. Still showing August to the Nissan CS reps, I don't see how it can take 6 weeks to get out of port and to Nashville, but hey I may happen.

Jacalyn: Thank you for contacting Nissan LEAF Customer Support, my name is Jacalyn. How may I help you today Jack?
Jack Wallace: Hi. I opened my DashBoard today and I am able to enable carwings. My delivery date hasn't updated and was wondering if I gave you the VIN if you could possibly see where my Leaf is at
Jacalyn: Sure, I can check on it for you. What is the vin?
Jack Wallace: 6014
Jacalyn: Let me check on it, it may take a minute or two
Jack Wallace: ok thanks!
Jacalyn: Ok, your vehicle is in port and once it goes through all the port processes it will be released for shipment to your dealer. The estimated date is in early August.
Jack Wallace: It's already in the US?
Jacalyn: Yes it is
Jack Wallace: Wow...Ok I assumed that it was probably just leaving Japan. Month of August is what my dashboard still says. Does yours give a week?
Jacalyn: no it still indicates just August
Jack Wallace: Awesome. Well I hope that updates to an earlier date in July since the vehicle is already here in the US. Thanks for the info.
Jacalyn: You're welcome. Is there anything else I can help you with today?
Jack Wallace: that will be it. Thanks
End Session

Grats on the update, that's awesome! I'm not 100% sure if I believe everything CS says (from my experiences and reading what other people said about theirs), but that's great news. Your VIN is only a few hundred away from mine, so I bet they came on the same boat. If your DB still says Month of August, I bet it'll update soon. Maybe we'll take delivery around the same time.

Does anyone on the Nashville Leafs thread know the name of the Nashville dealer that has offered to match the Santa Rosa Nissan pricing on the Nissan Gold Preferred Extended Warranty on the Leaf and the contact name at that dealership? I believe it was Kelsey who posted it on our forum a few days ago.

The reason I ask, I am leaning toward going with the 84 month 70,000 mile option and if my dealer will not match that pricing when I pick-up my Leaf (hopefully next week), then I would like to buy it from the Nashville dealer and/or Santa Rosa Nissan.

Thanks, Leggedo

Leggedo said:
Does anyone on the Nashville Leafs thread know the name of the Nashville dealer that has offered to match the Santa Rosa Nissan pricing on the Nissan Gold Preferred Extended Warranty on the Leaf and the contact name at that dealership? I believe it was Kelsey who posted it on our forum a few days ago.

The reason I ask, I am leaning toward going with the 84 month 70,000 mile option and if my dealer will not match that pricing when I pick-up my Leaf (hopefully next week), then I would like to buy it from the Nashville dealer and/or Santa Rosa Nissan.

Thanks, Leggedo

Leggedo, if this is the post you are referring to;

kelseypost said:
Herm said:
Here is my quote from Nissan Santa Rosa...
Wow, you found some great prices. I asked our F&I Manager, Rob King, if we could match that quote. Here's the deal: these prices are below our cost, but we'd like to gain your business down the road. Rob said he'll match that quote plus give an extra $25 off if you get a warranty before the end of the month (June 30th). I know some of you haven't received your Leaf yet, so you'll need to preorder your warranty. You'll just have to call us back with your VIN number when you receive it.

If you have any questions, you can call Rob (note: today is his birthday if you want to sing to him) or Bruce (today is NOT his bday, lol but you can still sing to him). Our number here is 615-451-6827.
Hope i'm being of some help here :)

That would be Newton Nissan of Gallatin.
http://www.newtonnissan.com/

And it looks like the contact's name is Rob, see number in the post quoted above.

Back