NASHVILLE TENNESSEE - LEAF

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Due to a sudden death in the family, I won't be able to attend the Chattanooga Dedication on Thursday morning.

I should be back in town in about a week. I'll run over to Greenlife Grocery then and buy some free-range chicken and organic milk, while the LEAF is getting solar juice.

Steve Schmidt

kelseypost said:
Did anyone else read the Tennessean's article today about green parking? It's a cool program for people without EVs, but it's weird that the program completely overlooks the Leaf. Zero emissions should equal zero parking fees!

Link: http://www.tennessean.com/article/2...-Nashville?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE
It looks a LEAF can certainly sign up. Just sign up for carbon offsets...in this case it would be for whatever carbon your electric provider generates powering your car, I guess.

The problem I have with that program, is that I'm not in Davidson County anymore! What I've read (and heard from others on the topic) is that you have to have Davidson County tags to sign up for the program. My tags are from Rutherford County, but if there was some loop-hole, I would gladly sign up for this program and pay the $10 fee for the handful of times I have to pay for parking downtown!

If I've misread the rules on applying or someone can point me to a way around the Davidson County tag issue I have, let me know!

JPWhite said:
ralphmc said:
What are you guys in greater Nashville area planing on:

National Plug In Day, taking place on Sunday, Oct. 16, 2011

http://www.pluginamerica.org/pluginday

I would love to have our next Metro Nashville Meetup then....

Let me know what your ideas are on this.

Ralph

Great excuse to get together again. :mrgreen: Since it is geared around the plug in america event, we should be working with other plug-in vehicle owners, such as the Volt, Tesla etc. The website you detailed is planning a parade of vehicles. We should go for the highest number possible.

Centennial Park ??

Parade down West End/Broadway/2nd Avenue and back?

Lowes Vanderbilt and The Hutton hotels both have blink chargers.

What type of interest do we have for another meetup? I read a few "+1s" and I would also be available and willing to do another meetup. I may have someone willing to cater for our next event too :mrgreen:

TNleaf said:
What type of interest do we have for another meetup? I read a few "+1s" and I would also be available and willing to do another meetup. I may have someone willing to cater for our next event too :mrgreen:

As always, if the weather holds then I will attempt the flight. It was a bunch of fun last time and worth doing again.

I'm a happy camper today -- I got to drive the demo LEAF today for a few hours and I am loving LOVING LOVING this car! Probably put something like 60 miles on it with a mixture of back roads, highway, hilly and flat terrain, and the car took it all in its stride. It just works.

Had lunch with some friends and let them have a go as well. The universal comments were how quickly it accelerated and how quiet it was... and how limited the range was. Sigh. I tried. :)

Cheers, Bert

You're right. I've called the Davidson County Clerk to clarify this. They did say they were working on getting it passed for the greater Nashville area or at least expanding the list of counties allowed to apply for the program for parking in Nashville.

TNleaf said:
The problem I have with that program, is that I'm not in Davidson County anymore! What I've read (and heard from others on the topic) is that you have to have Davidson County tags to sign up for the program. My tags are from Rutherford County, but if there was some loop-hole, I would gladly sign up for this program and pay the $10 fee for the handful of times I have to pay for parking downtown!

If I've misread the rules on applying or someone can point me to a way around the Davidson County tag issue I have, let me know!

Just tried out the fresh new Blink chargers in Hendersonville. They are not in the database yet for any app that I have seen, including Blink's charger map. There are 2 chargers at the McDonald's on the corner of Indian Lakes Blvd and Saundersville Rd. This is the new McDonald's right after you pass the Streets of Indian Lakes on the left. This is the newer style Cafe' style mcdonalds with free WiFi and is also open 24 hours on Thurs, Friday, and Saturday.

Address:
258 INDIAN LAKE BLVD, HENDERSONVILLE TN 37075

Also they are Blink Network, but they were set up to where you didn't have to use your RFID card. You could just plug in, they were ready to charge and of course it is free. I did scan my RFID just to see if it would read it and it did just fine, but both were ready to charge without it.

And one last thing, just in case you're not familiar with the area, this McDonalds is basically on the edge of a 20+ acre park with picnic table and walking trail. The Hendersonville library is at the other side of the park. There are plenty of other restraunts in the same parking lot as McDonalds such as Which Wich, Blue Coast Burrito, Jet's Pizza, a Chinese Buffet and the list goes on. Also directly accross from the McDonalds is the Streets of Indian Lakes shopping complex with tons of shops, restraunts, and a super nice movie theater.

jwallace3 said:
Just tried out the fresh new Blink chargers in Hendersonville. They are not in the database yet for any app that I have seen, including Blink's charger map. There are 2 chargers at the McDonald's on the corner of Indian Lakes Blvd and Saundersville Rd. This is the new McDonald's right after you pass the Streets of Indian Lakes on the left. This is the newer style Cafe' style mcdonalds with free WiFi and is also open 24 hours on Thurs, Friday, and Saturday.

Address:

Very cool.

I'm traveling this week. Can't wait to get home and check them out :)

Free e-fuel sounds great.

JP, Do you have the blue Leaf with tinted windows? I saw a woman stop at Publix yesterday in Hendersonville in a blue Leaf with tinted windows, thought maybe it was yours.
JPWhite said:
jwallace3 said:

Address:

Very cool.

I'm traveling this week. Can't wait to get home and check them out :)

Free e-fuel sounds great.

JPWhite said:
jwallace3 said:
JP, Do you have the blue Leaf with tinted windows? I saw a woman stop at Publix yesterday in Hendersonville in a blue Leaf with tinted windows, thought maybe it was yours.

Yep That's the one!!

Oh nice! You got the windows tinted? What did you end up going with?

jwallace3 said:
You're right. I've called the Davidson County Clerk to clarify this. They did say they were working on getting it passed for the greater Nashville area or at least expanding the list of counties allowed to apply for the program for parking in Nashville.

TNleaf said:

I wish it would be expanded for those of us that live in surrounding counties but work in Davidson...I guess we'll have to wait and see.

kg4bec said:
TNleaf said:

As always, if the weather holds then I will attempt the flight. It was a bunch of fun last time and worth doing again.

I'm a happy camper today -- I got to drive the demo LEAF today for a few hours and I am loving LOVING LOVING this car! Probably put something like 60 miles on it with a mixture of back roads, highway, hilly and flat terrain, and the car took it all in its stride. It just works.

Had lunch with some friends and let them have a go as well. The universal comments were how quickly it accelerated and how quiet it was... and how limited the range was. Sigh. I tried. :)

Cheers, Bert

I'm in for a meet-up on that day, let me know if I can bring anything.

jwallace3 said:
And one last thing, just in case you're not familiar with the area, this McDonalds is basically on the edge of a 20+ acre park with picnic table and walking trail. The Hendersonville library is at the other side of the park. There are plenty of other restraunts in the same parking lot as McDonalds such as Which Wich, Blue Coast Burrito, Jet's Pizza, a Chinese Buffet and the list goes on. Also directly accross from the McDonalds is the Streets of Indian Lakes shopping complex with tons of shops, restraunts, and a super nice movie theater.[/quote

Awesome, thanks for letting us know there are chargers out that way, love the movie theaters at Indian Lakes, sounds like we can take the Leaf to the movies now!

My hubs just called, they are installing two level 2' commercial units at his work today through the EV Project. They will be located at Accurate Staging, 840 Cowan Street, Nashville 37207. It's not too far from LP Field for those of you that are Titans fans.

Back