My LEAF suffering "death of 1000 cuts" at the hands of wife!

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DaveinOlyWA said:
try having a 4 year old running around
We have a 4 year old and a 8 month old! Did the Teflon coating on both the seats and paint my first week of ownership!

a) dragged her purse down the drivers side of the car. A purse where, I kid you not, metal zippers are the primary source of exterior decoration

Zippers!!! I've had a terrible fear of them ever since I was 14 and got something caught in a zipper!!! Scraping them down the side of the LEAF - OUCH !!!

Azrich said:
a) dragged her purse down the drivers side of the car. A purse where, I kid you not, metal zippers are the primary source of exterior decoration

Zippers!!! I've had a terrible fear of them ever since I was 14 and got something caught in a zipper!!! Scraping them down the side of the LEAF - OUCH !!!

Are we talking a "There's Something About Mary" moment???

TRONZ said:

I had one of those moments - had to walk home from junior-high (probably about a half-mile) with it stuck in my zipper, I was too embarrassed to bring it to anyone's attention at school. :shock: It's a stump to this day, compared to the magnificent specimen it was beforehand. I suppose I should have had corrective surgery. :lol:

mwalsh said:
TRONZ said:

I had one of those moments - had to walk home from junior-high (probably about a half-mile) with it stuck in my zipper, I was too embarrassed to bring it to anyone's attention at school. :shock: It's a stump to this day, compared to the magnificent specimen it was beforehand. I suppose I should have had corrective surgery. :lol:

TMI and very OT :lol:

DaveinOlyWA said:
she whines about not having any clothes, but i found enough clothes in the car to fill a walk in closet.

Hmmmmmm. Clothes in the car??? Sounds like you've got an entirely different problem there. :shock:

bowthom said:
DaveinOlyWA said:
she whines about not having any clothes, but i found enough clothes in the car to fill a walk in closet.

Hmmmmmm. Clothes in the car??? Sounds like you've got an entirely different problem there. :shock:

her issue is being cold all the time. so she has a tendancy to bring hoodies and sweaters wherever she goes and that happens all year long. well, in summer the extra clothing is not necessary. but hauls them around anyway

abasile said:
It sounds like your wife is good for you. After all, life on this Earth is too short to get overly hung up on a few dings and scratches. No matter how good a job you do taking care of your LEAF, it is not going to last forever. Enjoy your wife, accept that she probably isn't going to change much, remind her that she is more important to you than a car, and learn to laugh when she gets clumsy! :)
Well, I found myself in the position of having to take my own advice today. My wife just created a bunch of obvious scratches on the roof of our Prius, using a plastic snow shovel to remove about 1.5 feet of accumulation from the car. (Normally, the job would have fallen to me, but I had a stomach bug.) Most likely, since the scratches are in the clearcoat, a good wax job should mostly do the trick. Sigh. Better to learn the lesson with the Prius than the LEAF, I suppose...

abasile said:
Well, I found myself in the position of having to take my own advice today. My wife just created a bunch of obvious scratches on the roof of our Prius, using a plastic snow shovel to remove about 1.5 feet of accumulation from the car. (Normally, the job would have fallen to me, but I had a stomach bug.) Most likely, since the scratches are in the clearcoat, a good wax job should mostly do the trick. Sigh. Better to learn the lesson with the Prius than the LEAF, I suppose...

Oops. ;)

She marries him hoping he'll change. He won't. He marries her hoping she won't change. She will.

8% of American women are completely crazy, mostly due to PMDD (Google it). For the first time in the U.S. history over 50% (51% exactly) of women live alone. Need I go on? Women not giving a sh...t about things? Mine already destroyed head gasket on 2 cars, by angry cold starts on full throttle when pissed off. I used to sneak out on her bad days and prewarm the car engine. To no avail. So there.

My Leaf is on the last 600-car shipment that left day before the quake. Yeeah! Goodbye oil changes, goodbye Flyers Pump.

ILETRIC said:
She marries him hoping he'll change. He won't. He marries her hoping she won't change. She will.

8% of American women are completely crazy, mostly due to PMDD (Google it). For the first time in the U.S. history over 50% (51% exactly) of women live alone. Need I go on? Women not giving a sh...t about things? Mine already destroyed head gasket on 2 cars, by angry cold starts on full throttle when pissed off. I used to sneak out on her bad days and prewarm the car engine. To no avail. So there.

My Leaf is on the last 600-car shipment that left day before the quake. Yeeah! Goodbye oil changes, goodbye Flyers Pump.

Better hide that Leaf from her. She's liable to trash it in no time. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

My leaf is no longer pristine. Washed her up today and had to polish out 2 semi deep scratches on the LS rear door. It's official, I no longer have to worry. :lol:

I can certainly relate to some of the comments in here. My wife is also has a bit of a clutter problem, even in the car. It isn't as bad as other people I've seen. At least she never junks up the car so bad that people are unable to sit in the passenger seats.

However, she has been driving the leaf and I must admit fear. The reason is not so much her, but the place she parks every day. It seems to be a magnet for door dings and the like. When she got a new Prius last year, it had only been one week. It still had dealer tags on it. She came out from work and somebody had actually done a "hit and run" because there was this huge dent in the rear quarter-panel and it had to go into the body shop for repair. So I suspect any day she'll come home with its first door-ding.

However, I also blame her to a small degree. She insists on parking in the absolute closest parking spot she can find. Even if it is a tight squeeze because somebody is on or over the line. She'd rather spend 10 minutes trying to find and get into the closest spot, than to spend an extra 10 seconds walking. Shes only 32 and has no handicaps, so there is really no excuse. I always park in the most remote spot I can find to avoid somebody parking next to me. The only time I might not do this would be in really bad weather.

adric22 said:
...I always park in the most remote spot I can find to avoid somebody parking next to me. The only time I might not do this would be in really bad weather.
Me too. My Prius is almost 6 years old and I still park in the 'safest' spot I can find. I've still managed to collect some dings and scratches but on the whole the car looks great. Not sure it's worth all the OCD but I can't help it. ;)

Just got my first door ding, courtesy of this stupid cow who just had to jam her BMW into the space next to mine (made so tight by the van two over from me that she needed two goes to get her car into it), despite there being like six uninterrupted empty spots on the other side of my car. No real damage other than a nick in the clear coat. But really....WHY????

mwalsh said:
Just got my first door ding, courtesy of this stupid cow who just had to jam her BMW into the space next to mine (made so tight by the van two over from me that she needed two goes to get her car into it), despite there being like six uninterrupted empty spots on the other side of my car. No real damage other than a nick in the clear coat. But really....WHY????

I hope you told her. People are really stupid.

Back