My latest lease...

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gr8adv

ok just popped for a 2012 sl lease

0 down $240/month 15k miles, first year maint pd for. could have got lower but wanted the 15k instead of the 0.15 per mile at the end when I exceeded 12k.

Gr8adv said:

0 down $240/month 15k miles, first year maint pd for. could have got lower but wanted the 15k instead of the 0.15 per mile at the end when I exceeded 12k.

Congrats. Where are you located, which dealer?

Boomer23 said:
Gr8adv said:

Congrats. Where are you located, which dealer?

Washington State, Nissan Eastside

Here's what they just quoted me in the eastern half of Washington:

Pasco Nissan dealer 509-545-3000, sales mgr that I talked to is Morris Poll:

2012 Nissan LEAF "SL"
15,000 annual miles
MSRP price $38,415
Invoice $36,765
+$300 over invoice
Capitalization $37,065
Discount ($8025)
New Cap $29,040
Residuals
24 month = 55% MSRP
36 month = 47% MSRP
39 month = 46% MSRP

NO sales tax in Washington state

0.00003 Money Factor (multiply by 2400 for interest rate)

$158 doc fee, misc
$110 license

Payments, ZERO down:

24 @ $382.88
36 @ $339.85
39 @ $323.00

TonyWilliams said:

Pasco Nissan dealer 509-545-3000, sales mgr that I talked to is Morris Poll:

2012 Nissan LEAF "SL"
15,000 annual miles
MSRP price $38,415
Invoice $36,765
+$300 over invoice
Capitalization $37,065
Discount ($8025)
New Cap $29,040
Residuals
24 month = 55% MSRP
36 month = 47% MSRP
39 month = 46% MSRP

NO sales tax in Washington state

0.00003 Money Factor (multiply by 2400 for interest rate)

$158 doc fee, misc
$110 license

Payments, ZERO down:

24 @ $382.88
36 @ $339.85
39 @ $323.00

Wow quite a difference.

Gr8adv said:

oh yes they also paid for the $395 disposition fee, so nothing owed at 24 on return.

Gr8adv said:

They quoted me similar numbers 0 down / 230 per month on a 2 year at 12,000 miles a year. From the research I've been doing lately, I think your terms are very good. Thank you for posting the fact that they waived the disposition fee...that's great for you! I'd say well done.

TonyWilliams said:

Pasco Nissan dealer 509-545-3000...

Payments, ZERO down:

24 @ $382.88
36 @ $339.85
39 @ $323.00

Hi Tony. Yes, I'm curious too, why the disparity between the two dealerships? I live in Eastern Washington, and I have received high quotes, also, similar to the quote you got out of Pasco. Why are you shopping Eastern Washington?

Gary

TonyWilliams said:
Hi Tony. Yes, I'm curious too, why the disparity between the two dealerships? I live in Eastern Washington, and I have received high quotes, also, similar to the quote you got out of Pasco. Why are you shopping Eastern Washington?

Gary

a small part could be that residuals are different in different areas. I think he said the 24 month was a few tics higher that what you indicated. Also may have something to do with volume and numbers; they had about 130 of these in the lot. with a crap load of blue ones.

4 things -

1- Congrats! That sounds like a pretty good lease
2- There is really no maint that needs to be done on the LEAF. Tire rotations every 6 months, and they suggest battery checks every year (1st 2 are paid for by Nissan)
3- Disposition fees, and security deposits are not legal in some states. So do your homework in your state, they might say they are doing you a favor when in reality its because they can't charge you ;)
4- Big difference between dealer regions, and on top of that dealerships that stay on top of the new incentives. Residuals vary by market, money factors vary by market, they also might be unaware of a $1000 rebate that just came through, or some dealers keep the sales people dumb and don't tell them about back end dealer cash.

Lots of variables out there, glad this site is around to keep people in the know and glad to help out where I can!

Joe, tire rotations aren't done by the months, but by miles. Discount Tire recommends every 5000-6000 miles. I also found that the stock tires will last longer/wear better if they are inflated to 41psi. Discount said 5 over the 36 recommended is safe.

Haha yes I know that, however general driving habits are 1k a month which equal roughly every 6 months for a tire rotation ;) I suppose you need to adjust for personal driving patterns but I appreciate your thorough explanation for folks.

As far as over inflating the tires, it isn't terrible to do, and yes you will get mildly better tread life and it actually should increase distance traveled on a charge, but you are also at a higher risk for blowouts and/or punctures since the tires have less "mushyness" to them. Is the risk massive at 5 PSI over? No. Is the benefit to mileage and tread life massive? No.

KayserNissan said:
Haha yes I know that, however general driving habits are 1k a month which equal roughly every 6 months for a tire rotation ;) I suppose you need to adjust for personal driving patterns but I appreciate your thorough explanation for folks.

As far as over inflating the tires, it isn't terrible to do, and yes you will get mildly better tread life and it actually should increase distance traveled on a charge, but you are also at a higher risk for blowouts and/or punctures since the tires have less "mushyness" to them. Is the risk massive at 5 PSI over? No. Is the benefit to mileage and tread life massive? No.

Actually, with LLRs, they are safer a few #s over and will have a less chance of blowouts/punctures. All you have to do is read the 'tire' thread and everyone that has had major tire wear, punctures, and blowouts, had/have them at 36 or lower. I've seen some really worn LEAF tires and all of them had 36# or less. I have over 14k on mine and they are almost like new. Also, there is a big difference in how far I can coast which boosts the mileage significantly.

Gr8adv said:
TonyWilliams said:

Gary
I believe Tony has a connection to the area so maybe he convinced someone to look into a lease/purchase. Although I bought from this dealership (back in 2011 when MSRP was the best you could get), I doubt you'll be able to get any good deals here. This area is notorious for high prices. I wouldn't have bought except for the fixed prices and distance to the next Nissan dealership. In hindsight, if I had waited two years I could have picked up a cheap AZ 2-bar loser and still had plenty of range for my local driving needs. But then, I would have missed out on all this EV driving.:(

Reddy

Back