Multiple small quick charges or one big one or no difference

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lopton

When I go down to Orange County from the North Eastern portion of the San Fernando Valley, I can make it all the way down there and back to the quick charger in Cypress. I was wondering though if it would be better for the battery if I quick charged for about 10 minutes on the way down, then again on the way back for about 15-20 minutes. Or should I just do it in one full shot at the end?

I understand this is going to be main speculation, but my idea is splitting the charge up in to two events may allow time for heat from the first one to dissipate. Thoughts?

-Matt
PS: Before this quick charger was there I always had to take the gas car, love having the Leaf be an option :)

I've been QC'ing in the middle of the pack between 2 and 10 bars and not noticing "much" change in temp. It appears that I've actually heated the battery up more by driving aggressively between charges than during the charge it's self. perhaps the biggest "problem" with QC'ing is that it unleashes the Leaf for fast driving. :cool: It was almost disturbing how fast I went from hypermiler to lead foot. Life will be better once we have the Leafscan so that we can see actual temp to create real benchmarks.

Back