Most miles on a Leaf

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have to say I am quite amazed at the low mileage of many people...I must learn y'alls secrets. ~1700 miles per month is hard on any car.

Pipcecil said:
I have to say I am quite amazed at the low mileage of many people...I must learn y'alls secrets. ~1700 miles per month is hard on any car.

Not having to commute very far helps. Not having to commute at all is even better...my father bought his last new car immediately after retirement, and 10 years later when we sold it (as he was no longer allowed to drive per his doctor) it barely had 43k miles.

I expected to use up all of my Leaf lease's 12k/year allotment, but after 2-1/2 months the odometer shows barely more than 1600 miles on it. Believe me, it's not from lack of trying...I've only used my other car twice since getting my Leaf, and only because my destinations were well outside the the Leaf's range. The lack of a QC port does make it a bit inconvenient to use for say 100-120 mile round trip day trips.

Know a lady in Seattle 15 months and only 5300 miles. Another who got hrs the day after me who is just over 12,000 miles but they work locally (or from home) and live locally

Yea, I think I am a bit spoiled with the QC network in north texas. At least every other weekend I am pushing a QC charge to go farther north - I guess it doesn't help I live on the south side of the metro area while most of the people/development, etc. lives on the north side (poor neglected south side). I definitely put my numbers up on it.

smkettner said:
30,100 at 22 months. Some loss of range. Have recently driven 72 miles on a single charge and just the first LBW.

Ahh to have that range again...I really envy you. 72 miles would get me to turtle and, if the day isn't nice and warm, that 72 miles would be reached on the back of a tow truck instead. 72 miles is about the farthest I can go now to complete empty :( (guessing from LBW and VLBW numbers)

I think I have the most miles in the KC Metro with 11,700 in 10 months although Mark may eventually pass me by. The lady who got hers a month before mine just logged 6k at the start of the month.

TaylorSFGuy said:
Actually 70,000 this week. 2 years in about 8 weeks. I'll go through all the details then.
Wow. That's 146 miles for each business day. I didn't think that was even possible with an EV (because it takes time to recharge the battery).

42,000 after 20 months. Have used a DCQC at least three times per week in the beginning, now I do it twice per day four times per week (need to move). Just lost my second capacity bar and did 70 highway miles before LBW this week. I need new tires.

There has been an explosion of new DCQC in the LA area recently, things are going to get interesting.

GotMyleaf said:
Just lost my second capacity bar and did 70 highway miles before LBW this week.
Wow, how'd you manage that? Most have a hard time hitting 70 highway miles on the freeway before hitting LBW on a new car!

[/quote]Wow, how'd you manage that? Most have a hard time hitting 70 highway miles on the freeway before hitting LBW on a new car![/quote]
My best answer is 'I have to' I guess. The periodic slowdowns in the LA traffic help but I still have to keep up. I try to keep the car at two 'dots' as much as possible....

I can see 100K miles now. Will let you know when it happens. 217 GIDS at 100% charge. Preheating brings my starting number down to 206. First bar dropping off pretty quick now.

All systems go - charging once en-route each way. Doesn't have to be QC - just need a bit of a boost to make it. Weather and traffic are now making the difference if I need to stop or not.

No mechanical issues - just the power window switch failure and nothing else. Kudos to Nissan.

I'm eagerly waiting for finalized details on a battery program.

Steve

TaylorSFGuy said:
I can see 100K miles now. Will let you know when it happens. 217 GIDS at 100% charge. Preheating brings my starting number down to 206. First bar dropping off pretty quick now.

All systems go - charging once en-route each way. Doesn't have to be QC - just need a bit of a boost to make it. Weather and traffic are now making the difference if I need to stop or not.

No mechanical issues - just the power window switch failure and nothing else. Kudos to Nissan.

I'm eagerly waiting for finalized details on a battery program.

Steve

Nissan should give you a new pack for being the first to hit 100,000 miles! heck most of us arent even close to 50,000!

obtw; do you have the ability to take work with you on the road? would you use wi-fi if it were available?

johnrhansen said:
I got mine mid June and already have 6900 miles on it. I don't know how... I only live 4 miles from work!

hear it over and over and over

"we got the LEAF to save money on the commute and were going to leave it home on weekends and take the gas car. the weekend came and I just could not go back to the dark side and so the gas car sits!"

You got that right. I put 40 bucks worth of gas in the truck 2 months ago. Still have half of that left. I might have to force myself to park the leaf in order to burn that old gas out before my fuel system varnishes up.

DaveinOlyWA said:
johnrhansen said:
I got mine mid June and already have 6900 miles on it. I don't know how... I only live 4 miles from work!

"we got the LEAF to save money on the commute and were going to leave it home on weekends and take the gas car. the weekend came and I just could not go back to the dark side and so the gas car sits!"

johnrhansen said:
You got that right. I put 40 bucks worth of gas in the truck 2 months ago. Still have half of that left. I might have to force myself to park the leaf in order to burn that old gas out before my fuel system varnishes up.

DaveinOlyWA said:
johnrhansen said:

ya, back when I got my LEAF the plan was keep the 2nd Prius (it was paid for) and drive it once a week or so to keep it fresh. after 3½ months, we sold it. # of times we drove it; ZERO... the best I could do was go out and run the heat in it for 15 minutes once a week... :roll:

Back