Mossy Nissan Kearny Mesa Matches any Local Leaf Offers

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mossyleaf said:
Thanks to you Gary, and to all Forum Members. You guys have been a key part of this esperience for me. I know a long time ago I brought up the relationship debate here over Dealers and Customers, and I wanted to thank all of those I have had the chance to form a relationship with through this medium, and the folks that you have referred to me. :p

I've always wondered why more dealer folk don't do this... viral marketing is absolutely key and it's a heluva lot more than just facebook and twitter.... relationship building on car enthusiast forums like this has earned salesmen my last 4 car purchases.

Another common act I've seen/used often is dealer reps selling maintenance plans/extended warranties at $50-$100 over cost. A guy in Massachusetts racked up literally thousands of extended warranty orders this way and earned himself a horde of repeat car business at the same time. I have two maintenance plans and two extended warranties on my vehicles now bought from this guy and have referred at least a dozen new england friends to him for car purchases as well.

So, if you're looking to build on the relationship from here, there's an idea for a business that might be lucrative :)

On the side, it's really great to have good information in here and many thanks to you for hanging out with us. I wish I had known you existed when I ordered (though I have to say, Scott/Mossy Escondido has been fantastic as well even though he's not active in the forum... so I'm still very happy).

Ok so I have to Share this Now. The first Leaf to be delivered in So Cal will be leaving Mossy Nissan Kearny Mesa at 3pm on December 13th! We will take lots of pics and be posting them to our facebook page with links here. Unofficial, but I do believe accurate (from an inside source), Highest Number of Leaf Orders in the Nation, with the Highest Conversion Ratio in the Nation of 96%! Thank you San Diego, and all of my more slightly distant customers for Making us #1.

Woooo! Nice work, Leon.
I assume the soon-to-be first owner knows by now, but hasn't posted here at all.

Maybe a stealth lurker type, not keen on attention and questions?

Maybe oblivious to MyNissanLeaf forums?

I'll get my turn... hopefully.

Does this mean First Delivery is at your Kearny Mesa dealership instead of Nissan Design HQ?

Public event, or private? I couldn't tell if that was an invitation or not. :)

I think he means that the 1st SD LEAF will be leaving for the design center at 3pm for the 6pm event.

Leon - any idea what kind of volume you're expecting to deliver the rest of December and into January?

Just received an invite to the SD event from Nissan... planning to be there (so close to work) but I'm not getting my Leaf.

Hey Leon, at the very least, make sure he knows about the forum, will ya'? :)

Leon, were most of the LEAF sales made through your fleet sales department or were they made to individual customers?

sdbonez said:
Just received an invite to the SD event from Nissan... planning to be there (so close to work) but I'm not getting my Leaf.

Hey Leon, at the very least, make sure he knows about the forum, will ya'? :)

They know all about the Forum...trust me.

Enough lurking. Since everyone knows about the event, I can fess-up to being the first Southern California purchase and second in the world! I will be at the San Francisco event just because out of luck my firm is having their holiday party there that day. If you make it to the San Diego event, I will be the guy with the Nissan Leaf. Woooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

ritikatootie said:
Leon, were most of the LEAF sales made through your fleet sales department or were they made to individual customers?

100% of Sales are made by me. As we have seen there have been so many evolutions in this process that I felt a single point of contact who also had a high level of access (being a GM) would be most effective. I have not made any fleet transactions. All of my sales have been to a really nice group of individuals.

I'd also like to add, that a couple of people have hit me up after their order has been placed wanting to negotiate or re negotiate thier price for their Leaf. So I would like to address this once so I don't have to again.
1. Ain't going to happen.
2. Seems to make as much sense to me as raising the price on them when the car would come in because others are willing to pay more.
3. All agreements made are fair, quite frankly because no one is overpaying for a LEAF. The car is worth every penny of 33,720, and then being flushed with 12,500 of incentives, everyone who is in this 1st group is making out like a bandit.
I know this applies to only a couple of people, but I wanted to formally address the topic.

Thanks again to all of my customers, It is a pleasure, and I am proud to be delivering these cars to you(soon).

reeler said:
Enough lurking. Since everyone knows about the event, I can fess-up to being the first Southern California purchase and second in the world! I will be at the San Francisco event just because out of luck my firm is having their holiday party there that day. If you make it to the San Diego event, I will be the guy with the Nissan Leaf. Woooooooooooooooo Hooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

That's how we do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leon, You are not #2 . You clearly are #1 in all respects to us in southern Ca. Nissan should also recognize you for their success as well

reeler said:

Welcome, Tom - looking forward to seeing you get your key (fob) Monday.. several of us plan to be there for the SD event.

Back