Month of X to Pending

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trentr

Opening a new thread for folks who went from Month of X to Pending. I'm hoping that this is a good sign, but what is concerning is that I'm once again able to change the color of the car. How many folks are seeing the same thing?

trentr said:
Opening a new thread for folks who went from Month of X to Pending. I'm hoping that this is a good sign, but what is concerning is that I'm once again able to change the color of the car. How many folks are seeing the same thing?

I have heard from month to pending(when the cars hit the port), but never heard anyone able to change color at that time. Odd. Might wanna check with useless online customer service support.

I was just told by Nissan support that while Nissan assesses damage to supply line entities, due to the recent disasters, many delivery dates have been changed to "pending" and once the assessments are complete, updated dates will be posted on dashboards.

trentr said:
It seems like the option to change color is removed about a month before a vehicle is manufactured in Oppama. Then it takes about 6-8 weeks until it arrives at the dealership. Your change is probably related to uncertainty regarding production volume once Oppama resumes operations.

BruinLEAFer said:
trentr said:
It seems like the option to change color is removed about a month before a vehicle is manufactured in Oppama. Then it takes about 6-8 weeks until it arrives at the dealership. Your change is probably related to uncertainty regarding production volume once Oppama resumes operations.
But that totally sucks tailpipe, given that the OP ordered in Sept, but folks like my financial planner, who ordered in January, now have their VIN!

Why is his September order still in flux and uncertainty, as if it hasn't started down the line, while these 2011 orders have hard dates and VINs?

Grrrrrr.....

trentr said:

I checked this morning, my status was May last night, and now it is Pending like you. Also, my color "edit" button is working too! Looks like a bad sign to me!..but in light of the earthquake, I kinda resigned to get delivery whenever...of course, soon is better, but not worrying about it as much anymore.

I've got another crazy theory: That the cars were driven on to the ships in more-or-less the order they were built--so the first built, first on. But, they come off the other way (yes, it's a lifo, or a stack). Makes some sense if the Ship-With-600 has docked yet (which I didn't think it had)...or if a ship that left later showed up sooner.

So, the latest guys to order are getting their cars processed on the dock first, and us earlier order-ers will be processed at the end of the queue (see what I did there, I went from a stack to a queue).

Grasping at straws, searching for hope. Just as early man came up with mythologies to explain their baffling world, so are we here.

I think being on "Pending" automatically allows to edit the color by design in the UI. Just speculating, might be part of the code, but who knows.

trentr said:

Doesn't sound like a good sign... sounds like your car was destroyed in the tsunami. :( (if you can change the color again)

Email from Nissan today:

Subj: Nissan LEAF: Delivery timing / Events in Japan

"Like all of us, we are sure you are concerned with recent events in Japan over the last week. As a result of those events, you will notice the delivery timing on your "my account" page has been changed to "pending."

As a consequence of the earthquake and tsunami, a delay in the scheduled delivery date of your Nissan LEAF™ is unavoidable. We will refresh your "my account" page with delivery updates as they become available."

-----

So, my car was affected by the disaster, I completely understand. No problem there. My beef is with the leapfrogging delivery going on. That I don't understand.

Just received an email from Nissan saying we changed your status to Pending because of delays caused by the erthquake and tsunami. Very disappointed. Particularly when others who ordered this year and reserved later are moving ahead of everyone else. While I think that its Nissan's right to decide who and when they deliver to I do think if this continues it is going to have an impact on enthusiam for their cars and customer loyalty. At this point I figure I have no chance at the $5K CA rebate (so much for a 4/20 mid afternoon reservation time.) One can hope there will be funding for the next round even at the lower $3K. This creates a tremendous oppurtunity for another manufacturer to accelerate their EV deployment (but then just how commited are the other companies.)

Pending is a step backwards from Month of X.

I'd assume that Pending means that car has not left the factory yet - it may also mean it hasn't been built yet.

It sounds, from what we've heard, that a ship-load or two of LEAFs left just before the tsunami. Hopefully there aren't a bunch of already built LEAF's sitting in Oppama that they can't ship, and it's mostly a supply chain and energy uncertainty issue.

Extraordinary times in Japan.

Haven't received either e-mail yet. Still month of April. Ordered on 10/16 but we all know that makes no difference whatsover.

Went from April to May to Pending.

I have not heard a word from Nissan!

Way to go customer service!

Hey everyone.

Can't believe I missed this. Denial I guess. ;) Thanks for the temporary 'home' trentr!

I didn't receive the email from Nissan some did, but did get the news from my PD on the 23rd. He got it from Nissan NA:
I will be honest with you. Yours and another one of my customer and our demo, did not make it out of the port before the earthquake. You will be receiving a letter saying that due to the work stoppage, your Leaf will be delayed. That is all the info that I have at this time buddy.

Looks like we'll be getting 'Phoenix Leafs' after Japan heals a bit.

Andy

I also missed this thread and was just about to start one. If anyone gets out of this 2nd, post-quake pending, please let us know because it’s a pain to have to keep checking Nissan login: login, wait for the busy webpage to load, click on “my account” scroll down to the disappointing “pending.” I didn’t get an email when it moved back to pending, so I can’t count on getting email from Nissan when (if??) I get out. I had hopes that my order might be one of the 1500, but reality is hitting and CS has confirmed that the car was not produced before the quake, and they don’t know when it will be. :(

I just got my email from Nissan saying I'm going to Pending (from April to May already) but my dashboard still says May. The e-mail does not actually say there is a delay. See the actual language in the May - May(be) delivery thread. Did anyone else get this most recent email?

Rat said:
I just got my email from Nissan saying I'm going to Pending (from April to May already) but my dashboard still says May. The e-mail does not actually say there is a delay. See the actual language in the May - May(be) delivery thread. Did anyone else get this most recent email?
Yes, I got the e-mail at 2:39pm PDT, though I never changed to May (my dashboard still says April).

Rat said:
Did anyone else get this most recent email?
Yep, I got it too.

Wouldn't "month of May" cars be built in March? I'm guessing that Nissan had previously assigned "month of May" status based on pre-quake production schedules so this doesn't surprise me. Maybe they're reallocating production slots for forgotten Sept/Oct orders as well.

Back