Model Year 2010 or 2011?

My Nissan Leaf Forum

Help Support My Nissan Leaf Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dav

I just realized I cannot find the "year" for our Leaf on the Nissan site.

All cars, whether December or next year, are going to be Model Year 2011, right? :?:

mwalsh said:
The new model year is generally accepted as coming in September.

October.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Model_year

In the United States, automobile model year sales traditionally begin with the fourth quarter of the preceding year. So model year refers to the "sales" model year; for example, vehicles sold during the period from October 1 to the next December 30 is considered one model year.[1] In addition, the launch of the new model year has long been coordinated to the launch of the traditional new television season (as defined by A.C. Nielsen) in late September, because of the heavy dependence between television to offer products from automakers to advertise, and the car companies to launch their new models at a high-profile time of year [2].

ps : My knowledge of most of the things in the world is limited to what Wiki says. I've no real world knowledge :lol:

evnow said:
October.

ps : My knowledge of most of the things in the world is limited to what Wiki says. I've no real world knowledge :lol:

I'm glad you posted that...check out the model release dates of some of the biggies...you'll see that last week in September is very popular! :)

On January 1, 2011 any manufacturer can introduce a 2012 model. While rare, it has been known to happen as early as the first calendar quarter.

Yep, I bought a 2003 Infiniti G35 in the first year of production in March of 2002.

I thought it was a great deal for me because I'd have one model year newer car, but when it came time to sell it, it had more miles on it than the average 2003 car, so that lowered the value. You really can't win. :D

Perhaps not the best topic, but I can't find better...

I'm in New England. The rollout schedule says Fall/Winter (2011). Does that mean we of the 36 neglected states will be ordering 2012 Leafs? Kinda makes jumping into the line on April 20 pointless.

Seriously though, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks

Back